New Armor from AP

Authenticprops is offering a new low cost alternative to their armor. If you are interested please send an email to AP at authenticprops@hotmail.com

Thx, Ed

Here's your opportunity to own a cast off original ANH full armor/helmet kit

at a unmatched price, quality and accuracy guaranteed! You can now own a

cast off original armor kit for less than a AFX!

NEW! ANH STORMTROOPER ARMOR ECONO KITS

Our Stormtrooper armor kits better know as "AP" (Authenticprops) or ABS 80

are highly appraised among the most popular SW boards around the globe such

as: www.tk409.com, www.therpf.com, www.mepd.net ect... from which many of

our customers originate. Check out our product and customer service which is

second to none. Search for "Authenticprops" with over 350 positive ebay

transactions!

We are in the works of producing a ECONOMY KIT version of our famous ABS

Armor kit using the same molds, but instead of using expensive .80 ABS we

are planning to use .60 gauge gloss white PVC plastic, the same gauge used

for the originals giving the same feel as the movie costumes, super

comfortable and perfect for trooping. PVC is flexible with same gloss finish

than ABS but way less expensive, easier and faster to form, reducing our

production cost in half, giving us the opportunity to offer you a full

armor/helmet kit for only $450 + $75 S&H (oversea $175) WOW!

In order to make this possible and cost effective we need enough interest to

place a minimum order with our professional vacuumforming shop, so this is

your chance to join the list and take advantage of this great deal as this

might be a one time deal. We will require a $200 deposit to confirm your

order, and balance only when order is ready to ship. We accept U.S. Money

Orders, Cashiers Checks, Western Union, Bank WireTransfer, sorry no Paypal.

Our ECONO KITS will include illustrated instructions, all hardware, decals,

rubber trim, foam padding,

visor, extra PVC strips to assemble arms and legs like the original. Kit

comes untrimmed and requires assembly. All parts come premarked for easy

trimming.

Production will start sometime in November and if we get the required

minimum orders to proceed. We are currently very busy completing halloween

orders, so please don't ask if these can be made in time for halloween.

Helmets or armors not sold seperately.

ECONO Armor/Helmet kit $450 + $75 u.s S&H (oversea $175)

LEATHER HOLSTER Pattern off original $40

Movie accurate rubber gloves $9

TO PLACE YOUR ORDER reply to this email with subject "ECONO KIT OFFER YES"

Please include your full shipping address and phone# so we can save your

info.

Authenticprops

FYI on some selected comments regarding this news on the MEPD boards:

PVC tends to crack, and is not very flexible, and is a royal PITA to cut. I can't imagine getting successful pulls out of it consistently. Unless it's a special variety of PVC, that is. IIRC TE tried pulling some helmets in PVC early on, and had a great deal of difficulty. Anyone here every formed with PVC sheet? I'm curious to know how it behaves, especially at that sort of thickness.

SethB6025 wrote:

Anyone here every formed with PVC sheet? I'm curious to know how it behaves, especially at that sort of thickness.

That's on my list to try Seth.I believe there are many grades available,so I'm gonna go for the most flexible.

I agree Mario,the PVC suit would make a very nice display piece,especially at that price.

AP has a great reputation for quality, but these are some valid concerns. I've never tried to cut PVC - is it really that bad?

Here's an update from AP:

" [snip] PVC might not be for sure the material we will use, we are still in a plastic testing stage.

We received many emails asking what is PVC (Polivinyl Chloride) Check this

link for different type of plastics and applications.

http://www.midlandplastics.com/srtd_pvc.htm Flexible PVC is one type of

plastic we are planning to use, but we will test many other plastics.

We will do many test pulls using different type of plastics in the .60 gauge

range, varying from PVC, Styrene ect...You can rest assured that we will use

the most durable and flexible plastic possible to meet our standards. We

guarantee you will get the best quality product for the money. "

Interesting and exciting. The price is obviously a huge selling point, and I'm not concerned so much about tearing or breaking as I am yellowing and warping. I would personally like to see a prototype suit before plunking down $200 for something I may not want.

Is the intention to wear the suit as is (like ABS), or paint it? If painted, is yellowing still much of an issue?

The beauty of the FX kit ABS is that there is no painting involved. But now that you mention it, I'm not sure if painting PVC (a form of vinyl right?) wouldn't resolve in cracking and peeling because of the forementioned flexibility. I guess it all depends on the type of plastic that's being used.

I believe AP is still investigating options and appreciating the comments as he wants to make the suit both desirable and continue his reputation.

Thx, Ed

The only transaction I had with AP was a helmet, and he was a truly honest seller. The helmet is fantastic and has held up to a lot of abuse.

I'm sure his next offerings will be equally top shelf.

The only transaction I had with AP was a helmet, and he was a truly honest seller. The helmet is fantastic and has held up to a lot of abuse.

Me too. I wish I could get the rest of the AP suit minus the helmet.

Right now, I mostly use the AP bucket with the FX suit.

Me too. I wish I could get the rest of the AP suit minus the helmet.

In that case, why not just bypass AP and move right to TE2? FWIW, I have the same dilemma for my TD (FX suit, AP helmet), and in the end decided when I make my move will replace it in toto for a full set of TE2, especially as for a TD you just have to have that bumpy cap. :D

In that case, why not just bypass AP and move right to TE2? FWIW, I have the same dilemma for my TD (FX suit, AP helmet), and in the end decided when I make my move will replace it in toto for a full set of TE2, especially as for a TD you just have to have that bumpy cap. :D

There's someone in our garrison that has TE armor. I've only seen and touched his armor once and it seemed so fragile to me.

I'm used to the ABS. It's durable and has been dropped, bumped and scratched many times and continues to hang in there. I just can't see having to "baby" something that gets that kind of punishment. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking TE. It does look great.

Guess I'll stick with what I have. It's plenty good enough for me and most people outside the 501st. ;)

Yup, there is that tradeoff. This drama is also playing itself out on the CTN boards between two different armor makers, and the arguments are basically the same.

There's no question that HIPS won't be as durable as ABS. Like you, I abuse my ABS armor to no end and it never complains. Like others moving to HIPS I realize that the armor won't take the same level of abuse, but it should still hold up under normal trooping for years with just a little extra care.

But then, I want to move to a higher level of detail & accuracy, am willing to sacrifice not being able to abuse my armor to get it, and don't feel that the extra level of attention the armor needs is that big a deal.

Now if you want to talk about worrying over armor, take a look at most clone helmets that are resin. :)

I have a resin clone bucket that I'm still working with and before I gutted all the excess resin, it was solid as a rock. Now that I have it to a wearable point, it feels way fragile. In my case, mine is going to be used more as a display piece simply because with the helmet being so small (compared to my humongous FX bucket), I'd get super claustophic in it and freak out.

Damn this huge head of mine! :)

• 1 year later...

i just want to mention i have a full set of AP amor and I love it and im not even done (or close to being done) trimming it. the only problem is that nobody in texas has one or has ever seen one in person, so trimming is very, very slow. I also cannot speak more highly of AP, he was a great dealer and someone i will definatly recommend to everybody, I had a problem with my instructions, and couldnt see where to cut the ear, and even though it had been about 3 weeks since i had recieved it and 5 weeks from paying him, i told him of my delimma, not only did he respond he send close up pics of the helmet with labels where to cut and everything. It was very refreshing seeing such a customer satisfaction geared company in this only want you money walmart driven world.

when i get it completed i will post pics

i just want to mention i have a full set of AP amor and I love it and im not even done (or close to being done) trimming it. the only problem is that nobody in texas has one or has ever seen one in person, so trimming is very, very slow. I also cannot speak more highly of AP, he was a great dealer and someone i will definatly recommend to everybody, I had a problem with my instructions, and couldnt see where to cut the ear, and even though it had been about 3 weeks since i had recieved it and 5 weeks from paying him, i told him of my delimma, not only did he respond he send close up pics of the helmet with labels where to cut and everything. It was very refreshing seeing such a customer satisfaction geared company in this only want you money walmart driven world.

when i get it completed i will post pics

Did you get the regular kit or the Economy kit mentioned in this thread?

The economy kit never happened. I don't have the time to dig for the thread (on whichever forum it was on) but they sacked it. The idea was that it would be made from PVC, which is a total pain to form with. I couldn't tell you how that justifies a massive price drop but it was the rationale given. My guess is that AP found out how wretched PVC is for armor forming.

This was what Mark told me last time I asked him about it...

Bernard,

We never ended up doing them as we didn't get enough orders to be cost efficient, but also after many test pulls we realized it takes the same amount of time to produce and the difference in material cost wasn't that much.

Mark