TD: Which look more screen accurate?

Hey guys,

I found wider aluminum bars for my belt clips, that (I think) look more screen accurate. Opinions?

-------

Some side by side comparison shots

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

based on the screen shot the narrower one appears more correct. It is mounted to the edge of the caps like they should and the screw is right in the center along the edge of the face plate. However, the wider ones are cut square and look more accurate than the rounded corners. Also, the screws in the narrower ones are too far from the edge based on the photos shown as well.

Tell me the widths of both clips and I will tell you which is closest to the original clips.

The wider one's are 1 1/4" wide

The narrow one's are 1" wide

On 5/20/2011 at 11:17 PM, Tray said:

based on the screen shot the narrower one appears more correct. It is mounted to the edge of the caps like they should and the screw is right in the center along the edge of the face plate. However, the wider ones are cut square and look more accurate than the rounded corners. Also, the screws in the narrower ones are too far from the edge based on the photos shown as well.

The wider one's could be positioned better, yes ... I'm just wondering which aluminum bar width is more accurate.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

This would be a more accurately placed set of clips

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

took the words right from my keyboard. lol. i totally agree. though it's just based off of the one pic. im sure those screen grabs are hard to get as far as a good one of the TD, but to know a better screen accurate model, you'd have to look at a few to make sure theirs common grounds. dont wanna be looking at mr no stripes. :P

Like many components of these costumes, the details vary. And in some shots it's just hard to tell, since it's a reflective material.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

you know, square and 1 1/8" of yours would look perfect. The screw on the wider one is just inside the edge of the face plate. slightly less and it would be perfect. I buy matel sheets from the hardware store. they are great and have different thicknesses.

Mine are 1". Looks at though I will have to go and switch them out. :) Thanks guys for bringing this up.

you know, square and 1 1/8" of yours would look perfect. The screw on the wider one is just inside the edge of the face plate. slightly less and it would be perfect. I buy matel sheets from the hardware store. they are great and have different thicknesses.

Mine are 1". Looks at though I will have to go and switch them out. :) Thanks guys for bringing this up.

Are saying the screws should be closer to the control panel edge or further away? I have photos that show them even closer than I have them.

Sorry, I think my post was a bit confusing.

These photos look right to me. Make the strips 1 1/8" wide and they would be perfect. I notice in a lot of the screen shots the metal strips aren't touching the control panel either. Like 1/4" away or more sometimes.

On 5/21/2011 at 12:08 AM, TK 4702 said:

This would be a more accurately placed set of clips

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 2 weeks later...