TK-1845 requesting ANH Stunt E.I. deployment status[163][ATA]

Hi!

after a year and a half here I am requesting the ANH Stunt Expert Infantryman status as promised.

Here's the details:

Armor= A.T.A (Affordable Trooper Armor)

Helmet= A.T.A (Affordable Trooper Armor)

Blaster= Stephan Peppin (SR props Canada) E-11 model kit. Plastic with internal hasbro electronics.

optional:

Height = 1.80 mts (5'9")

Weight = 190 pds

Boots = Caboots

Canvas belt = Vinyl hand made Belt. Vynil material folded upon itself using the canvas side surface on the outside while leaving the leather like surface on the inside. Looks exactly like regular canvas but with the strength of leather to support it on the inside.

Hand Plates = A.T.A (Affordable Trooper Armor)

Electronics= Radio shack personal voice amplification system. B.I.M. (Blow-In-Mic) brand static burst effect included.

Neck Seal = regular 7 ribbed neckseal

Holster = hand made in black leather by a friend of mine.

Pics:

A-) Blaster (E-11 Stephan Peppin kit):

Note> this blaster is a beauty all by itself but it's got a few details I did to it to personalize it

my TK ID # 1845 shows in the hengstler counter side.

I added a few decals to it. specially on the hengstler counter control panel and a small imperial cog on the top. the rest are small red triangles on the sight.

The viewing side of the sight has a rubber sun shield. I know it's not accurate but it looks beautiful and I would REALLY hate to loose this detail. Please! let me keep it!

DSC04355.jpg

DSC04356.jpg

DSC04357.jpg

DSC04358.jpg

DSC04359.jpg

DSC04360.jpg

DSC04361.jpg

DSC04362.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by Dargas

Helmet (A.T.A):

Notes> helmet has flat green lenses, black mesh behind 8 cut teeth, hand painted (by myself) traps, blue stripe decals applied one by one on the filter tubes, double screws on each ear and hand painted vocoder detail and hovi mic tips.

DSC04363.jpg

DSC04364.jpg

DSC04365.jpg

DSC04366.jpg

DSC04368.jpg

DSC04369.jpg

DSC04370.jpg

DSC04371.jpg

DSC04372.jpg

To be continued...

Belt (A.T.A. plastic front ammo belt and vinyl and canvas soft belt with riveted leather holster and attached Thermal detonator):

Notes> as stated above the canvas belt is a vinyl (White Pleather) stripe cut at double the belt size on the tall side. the leather side was glued together with contact cement by folding the stripe in it's half and leaving the canvas side (the back side) as the outer side of the belt. the effect is perfect. it's the right color, the right texture and it holds perfect shape due to the double layer of Pleather and contact cement holding it together. The Holster was hand made (by a friend that is also willing to make them upon request) in real black leather and the belt hoops where cut as per ANH stunt reference pictures and F.I.S.D. reference guidelines, and riveter to the belt using the right measurements for positioning and length of the straps.

the thermal detonator is cradled in 2 metal half rings that are held behind the belt.

DSC04373.jpg

DSC04374.jpg

DSC04375.jpg

Boots (CABoots):

DSC04376.jpg

Armor optional details:

Ribbed bridge straps are glued in front and loose on back and chest and back plates are held via white vinyl straps with snaps. the straps themselves are held to the ribbed bridges by white Zip strips like in the movie.

DSC04377.jpg

DSC04378.jpg

sound system (Radioshack):

Radioshack bought regular personal amplification box. the box is connected to a self powered microphone installed in the helmet.

DSC04379.jpg

Gloves (black rubber gloves with A.T.A. handplates):

DSC04380.jpg

Abdominal plate control panel detail (A.T.A.):

DSC04381.jpg

To be continued...

Full Body Pics:

DSC04382.jpg

DSC04384.jpg

DSC04385.jpg

DSC04386.jpg

DSC04387.jpg

DSC04388.jpg

DSC04321.jpg

DSC04319.jpg

this shot was before I installed the left sided accurate holster. pat no mind to the right sided holster in it.

200320111133.jpg

NOTE:

the frontal corner of the left shoulderbell has a small, red colored Imperial Cog. magnetic decal. I'm having it converted in a magnet so it can be removed for cannon events. as you can see in the last pic (it's not on there)

The action pics I have will be emailed to: dashrazor_x@hotmail.com as soon as i have been cleared. i'm a graphic designer and work with photoshop 8 hours a day so I'll remove the background on the action pics and replace it with a neutral color background so they can do their magic.

That's it folks! hope I make it!

Thanks for watching.

-Richard Vargas Andre

TK-1845

Costa Rica outpost.

Edited by Dargas

very nice build. i really like the blaster customizations, but for EIB i would ask that you remove the extra added piece on the scope, you can always put it back on if it is OK with your GML for trooping. also the zip ties on the shoulder straps should be removed. if you are going for a screen used look, replace them with white elastic. note: the elastic is a EI should have and is not required for approval

I'll remove the sight mod and replace the zip cords. i could've sworn the movie used armor had zip cords to hold the whyte nylon straps underneath the shoulder bridges.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I was starting to get nervous and more than 80 views and no comments. LOL

I'll remove the sight mod and replace the zip cords. i could've sworn the movie used armor had zip cords to hold the whyte nylon straps underneath the shoulder bridges.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I was starting to get nervous and more than 80 views and no comments. LOL

zip ties were not used on screen to my knowlage. but white elastic was used.

and sorry for the delay, been trying to study for exams ;)

You may want to only have 1-2 bumps painted black on your helmet ears if you plan to to Centurion. Saw its only a should have for EIB but just a thought.

Also, i definitely recommend using thin white elastic instead of the zip ties (besides the fact zip ties arent allowed). It works well if you wrap it several times.

Otherwise looks great!

Edited by sith_241

Or you just tie the ends of the elastic together like this. Works pretty well for being so simple and non-complicated.

dsc00919kj.jpg

Awesome!

I already removed the zip ties and the sight shadow and today I'll buy the white elastic and "edit" the bumpers in the ears to only 2.

I'll post again tomorrow with pics of the changes. Thanks guys!

I will apply to Centurion right after I'm approved as EIB but I want to have all the details right the first time. That way the Centurion app will go through smoothly. B) B)

Edited by Dargas

Update Thurdsday, may 5, 2011

Hi again!

Here's the updated helmet, shoulder bridges and blaster pics.

The helmet:

Ear Bumper reduced to only 2 per ear

DSC04392.jpg

DSC04391.jpg

The shoulder strap bridges:

Zip ties removed and replaced with white elastic

DSC04390.jpg

DSC04389.jpg

The Blaster:

The shadow rubber piece was removed from the eye side of the sight. I took advantage of the moment and added some extra brass colored paint to emulate paint scratching showing the metal beneath it. like it a lot better and as a matter of fact I won't ever replace the rubber shadow on it. it looks way better like this. Thanks for the feedback and pointers on this bit.

DSC04397.jpg

DSC04396.jpg

DSC04395.jpg

DSC04394.jpg

DSC04393.jpg

and a nifty little detail I wanted to show you guys:

this is how the plasma collimating blast tube glows when activated

deactivated

DSC04399.jpg

activated

DSC04398.jpg

that's it guys.

let me know if I need to add something else to the build for EI status.

thanks!

WOOOOHOOO!!!!!

I'll clean the background on the action shot I want and send it to your email during this afternoon! haha WOW, awesome!

If Paul (daetrin) sees this thread:

Dude, do you remember a year and some months ago how much I kept bitching about why the FX helmet was to be removed when some of us had no money to upgrade and stuff? and how the upgrade to a better looking suit of armor wasn't necessary as what we had at the time as "Good enough?" hahahaha well LOOK WHAT YOU DID! haha

I'm a full fledged convert now! thanks man. I appreciate how much you guys worked to promote the EIB program and thus raising the quality bar, but more than anything, by making it a choice. I'm glad to see so many EIB apps going on and see how we are going up in numbers day after day.

Next stop CENTURION!

I'm already massing for new boots and rubber handplates. hopefully I'll be able to make it. I'm only worried about the positioning of the rivets in the sides of the abdomen.

Mason, if I send you some pics of them can you tell me if I can make it with my current abs-kidney-butt-crotch plates?

Thanks again Guys!! i appreciate this very much!

Edited by Dargas

Thanks a lot brothers! i feel reeeeeeally happy about this!

and yeah that blaster is a beauty isn't she? too bad Stephan stopped making them. sure they had some mold flaws and stuff but with a bit of love they looks great finished.

Thanks for the welcome! im very proud!

WOOOOHOOO!!!!!

I'll clean the background on the action shot I want and send it to your email during this afternoon! haha WOW, awesome!

If Paul (daetrin) sees this thread:

Dude, do you remember a year and some months ago how much I kept bitching about why the FX helmet was to be removed when some of us had no money to upgrade and stuff? and how the upgrade to a better looking suit of armor wasn't necessary as what we had at the time as "Good enough?" hahahaha well LOOK WHAT YOU DID! haha

I'm a full fledged convert now! thanks man. I appreciate how much you guys worked to promote the EIB program and thus raising the quality bar, but more than anything, by making it a choice. I'm glad to see so many EIB apps going on and see how we are going up in numbers day after day.

Next stop CENTURION!

I'm already massing for new boots and rubber handplates. hopefully I'll be able to make it. I'm only worried about the positioning of the rivets in the sides of the abdomen.

Mason, if I send you some pics of them can you tell me if I can make it with my current abs-kidney-butt-crotch plates?

Thanks again Guys!! i appreciate this very much!

Hey Dargas - I do remember indeed. Times change and armor evolves - can you believe we now have more EIB recipients that all but 4 garrisons have members? I think it just takes one or two people in each unit to show how easy it can be and then others realize - hey, that's not so bad is it?

Centurion all the way brother - you'd be the first in the New World to earn that distinction :salute:

Yeah it's nice to see the evolution of the Group as time pases by. It's been a fast ride. Ive been a member for over 4 years now and it seems like yesterday I had my first FX.

hell I found a pic of me in my first fx of 4 years ago and man IT'S HIDEOUS hahhahahahaha

here's a comparison shot haha

183301_1861689950794_1497314605_31966262_6841298_n.jpg

vs this

207950_10150157405394347_622059346_6357131_3453407_n.jpg

Nuff said hahaha

This not a go at the FX owners, please don't rub it that way... it's just that now I CAN truly see the difference I was so blind to see for so long. :D

wow Chris! amazing work on the folding stock man! I wish I had put that same effort on that part myself.

haha and yeah i agree, the change from the old FX to the ATA was a giant leap!

Mason by the way, I sent you the action shot to your email. let me know if you got it buddy!

Edited by Dargas