Luiska's ROTJ TK build (Rubies)

Hello mates! How are you doing? I hope you're all doing fine.

So... I bought a Rubies TK costume from a friend at a really low price, so I decided to give it a try for a ROTJ TK, which I've read is the best chance this armor has to be accepted.

This is what I received:

-Armor

-Body suit (it was too big, so I sold it to a friend)

-2 pair of boots (one pair was too big, so I sold it, the other was too small, but I kept it)

-E-11 and its holster

This is what I'll be needing:

1-New helmet

2-New body suit

3-New boots

These are some pics:

P1030172.jpg

P1030158.jpg

P1030159.jpg

First of all, we decided to start by trying to make the armor fit me properly, since I'm not tall at all (5'5 feet :lol: )

In order to achieve that, we did the following:

1-We shortened the elastic straps that connect the chest with the ab area, and the ones that connect the back plate with the butt plate.

16042011266.jpg

2-We cut the forearms to make them shorter and thinner.

21042011275.jpg

3-Cut the thighs to make them shorter.

21042011277.jpg

21042011273.jpg

4-Cut the shin guards to make them look thinner.

21042011271.jpg

This is how it looks right now (I'm not wearing a proper body suit)

21042011269.jpg

21042011278.jpg

21042011279.jpg

21042011280.jpg

21042011284.jpg

21042011285.jpg

21042011283.jpg

21042011282.jpg

Let me know what you think mates! Any help will be highly appreciated ;)

Personally i dont like the looks of the rubies in the first place, it just bothers me. But if your going to modify it, it looks like you should get new hand guards. I'm not sure if you can buy the groin section by itself but that looks different so you might want to switch that. And that bumb on the bottom of the chest isn't there on other suits... but i dont have a suit and my advice might be completely wrong, so dont take what i say 100% seriously.

abdomen button plate upside down?

you really helped to make the suit fit your body... really nice job!

give a shout out to mark and joe over at CFO, they can hook you up with a nice helmet!

(they even make em up if you want to pay the extra!- really worth it in my opinion!)

Hi guys!

I'm the dude making the mods on the armor for Luiska here, haven't been here in a while... sorry about that.

I'll be following this thread and asking a few questions on the armor itself as we move along. This was a great project to get my hands on since the armor was ridiculously cheap in the first place and it's a bit more than just cut and fit. I like building stuff and armor is a passion for me hehe.

We are on the process of quoting a price for an ATA ABS helmet and the abdomen button plate replacements for the suit. I have bubble lenses waiting to be fitted in the bucket and already I have the decals designed (by myself) and ready for printing. We have those bits pretty much covered.

I also wanted to ask you guys about some really nice ribbed straps that where made in a rubber like material? (latex maybe?) since they need to be replaced too.

My CO Crazas saw them around and I think they would be perfect for this build.

Thanks for the feedback (and not bashing this guy's armor so much LOL), I know rubies is a bad word here but I know we'll make this kit look great in its RoTJ style. The pieces are not half bad and with the few touch ups we're making on it it'll look great.

thanks!

You are on your way! Don't forget proper Rotj greeblies for the blaster. Rotj e11 does not have hengstler counter either. Smitty here on the forums is who I got my greeblies From

Edited by zsavk

For the undersuit. I have a lycra wetsuit, it's a one piece and it is awesome! You should consider it, the price isn't bad too. I got it the same week I ordered mine so shipping is fast fast fast!

http://www.houseofscuba.com/lycra/wet20.html

For the boots. TK boots are simply awesome. 50 bucks for boots that are custom made and accurate, hell yes! The price is a bargain...considering they are leather too! ;)

http://tkboots.com/

For the undersuit. I have a lycra wetsuit, it's a one piece and it is awesome! You should consider it, the price isn't bad too. I got it the same week I ordered mine so shipping is fast fast fast!

http://www.houseofscuba.com/lycra/wet20.html

For the boots. TK boots are simply awesome. 50 bucks for boots that are custom made and accurate, hell yes! The price is a bargain...considering they are leather too! ;)

http://tkboots.com/

Impressive!! Most Impressive!!! Love the suit and the boots. I will definitely buy mine there!!!! Thanks mate! :D

Hey TK boy! I think I will buy it from CFO guys B);)

I noticed your AB buttons are all black, Make sure they are the right colors too. 3 blue and the rest gray. Make sure the 3 blues make a triangle shape (sorta) ;)

I'm not 100% sure with the ROTJ armor, since I'm a ANH stunt. But I believe you are suppose to separate the butt piece and the lower back, but I could be wrong...look it up. :blink:

Good luck!

Edited by quocle603

I noticed your AB buttons are all black, Make sure they are the right colors too. 3 blue and the rest gray. Make sure the 3 blues make a triangle shape (sorta) ;)

I'm not 100% sure with the ROTJ armor, since I'm a ANH stunt. But I believe you are suppose to separate the butt piece and the lower back, but I could be wrong...look it up. :blink:

For the holster, you should make sure it's the ROTJ look...I accidently made the ESB/ROTJ holster my first try, but I used marine/arctic vinyl, so it was cheap. :D

Good luck!

You're wrong on two counts here, mate. :P

ROTJ have all "black" buttons and not a split butt+kidney plate. I'm saying "black" because it could be darkblue-grayish that look black.

You're wrong on two counts here, mate.

ROTJ have all "black" buttons and not a split butt+kidney plate. I'm saying "black" because it could be darkblue-grayish that look black.

Haha Don't listen to me, I'm just a stupid ANH Stunt TK :huh: