Disney Stormtrooper Helmet

Hey Guys,

My neighbor at work husband works in a local costume studio that creats various props for Broadway shows, and also works on the armor of the Star Wars characters at Walt Disney World.

I got a chance to tour the factory in June and it was jsut awesome, not only did I get to see the vac-u-form machines and work spaced, but the molds for the various props they've created over the years, including of course the Star Wars ones.

Well since he knew I was a bit of a SW geek, he pulled a partial Darth Vader mask for me soon after the visit. It looks awesome, the students like it, I've had it hanging on the wall ever since. Well today I got a bit of a surprise, turns out they had a Stormtrooper order come through so he pulled a partial Stormie helmet for me to display next to Vader. Now it was a quick pull, and definitly not intended to be completed as a helmet, but I thought you'd guys woul'd be interested in taking a look:

TE on the Left, RT (work in progress) on the right for scale and comparision

AST2.jpg

AST4.jpg

AST7.jpg

AST12.jpg

AST13.jpg

thats pretty cool, I wonder where they got their molds from :unsure: thanks! B)

They re-engineered tour suits originally, but the current suits have been re-done since then. The gentleman who actually re-vamped and re-sculpted the suit a couple years ago is a member on the RPF and showed pictures. It has probably dropped off of there by now but would be worth searching for, pretty interesting stuff about how they idealized it & made it more wearer-friendly.

Here are a couple of pictures of the ones used at Disneyland Anaheim along with one of the Vaders.

Geez that Trooper on the left looks GOOD... :P

BTW - Those are Sci-Fire Hyperfirm E-11's being used on-stage.

first, when looking at this pic:

http://homepage.mac.com/robleonard/AST12.jpg

I feel like im at the Haunted Mansion where those 3 guys are looking at you as you walk by , but later you find out that your actually looking "into" a mask :P

Second, im sorry but im not impressed with the disney stuff. the eyes are all wrong, the tits are too close on the chest plate, etc etc.

I think if some guys from the 501st showed up you would see their jaws drop from under their "off kilter" buckets

I know, im a hard nosed critic. I should talk, :P but if you got a multi trillion dollar theme park, you would think the stuff would look more authentic.

I got a chance to tour the factory in June and it was jsut awesome, not only did I get to see the vac-u-form machines and work spaced, but the molds for the various props they've created over the years, including of course the Star Wars ones

I'd like to see pics of inside the factory!

Doug