Cinemastery blasters-Anyone know more about these guys?

Cinemastery Studios

I stumbled across this site because they're selling one of their blaster builds on ebay.

Anyone familiar with their work or know who these builders are? They make DC-15s, DL-44 & RT-97C (MG-15) blasters.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I have one of his blasters and I think it's quite good. There's certainly room for improvement but I have no complaints. The few times I've trooped with it I always get compliments about it.

For about the same money I would go for a hyperfirm blaster though. I just got one for my ESB build and I don't think anything else will beat it for being light and durable as a trooping blaster. Again, it's not perfect movie accurate but I consider it a minor trade off for the durability of it.

Shoot me a PM if you need a contact for a hyperfirm blaster.

The RoTJ version, if that's what it is, is wrong. The hammers suggest RoTJ, even that squared U-track does. The U-track should be curved, though. The door catch looks nothing like it should. The scope rail should be solid but this version looks more like an ANH scope rail. The front sight is wrong, too. The forward D-ring holder is a nice touch even though it's radically inaccurate.

The forward D-ring (only the ring itself, not its holder) and the hammers are the only proper details of this blaster.

This E-11 is the unwanted child of an ANH and RoTJ E-11. It's ugly and wrong. The merging of different E-11 styles doesn't create a catchall E-11 that covers the original trilogy. Instead, it results in a monstrosity that doesn't make any sense.

If someone tried to pass this off for a RoTJ E-11 in an EIB request I'd shoot it down. It's bad.

Edited by Nassik

the reason why I say it could be better is not because it has anything at all to do with me personally.

all the details on the blasters look close to what they actually look like.

the dimensions are just a tad off. in every sense on every part the reason why they don't look exactly right is because most

people don't really stare enough at the real thing.

I could painstakingly point out how they could be better, from the end cap to the clip and folding stock. they just don't have the right look.

just like shawn points out, there are many subtle errors on every aspect of the toy.

the only reason I have been making blasters at all is because the doopy do's kit is almost an exact copy of the real thing.

only certain details on the clip, and folding stock could be better on the doopy do's pipe detailing kit.

I personally would rather see troopers with a really accurate blaster... and that's why I make them.

I'm sure that anyone would be happy with a cinemastery product, they look very well put together.

it's just sad that they didn't use the sterling itself to make the patterns...

sight rail curved back on itself with a hole for a screw? not accurate.

folding stock too squared off and not shaped correctly? not accurate.

end cap is made from a piece of pipe? not shaped right.

front sight is wrong.

T Track made of rubber and the holes are the incorrect diameter.

spacing is wrong on barrel holes.

deflectors wrong size and shape on the side of the barrel.

scopes look wrong.

clip is too long and does not have the correct shapes.

rear end cap lock is not just a piece of U channel...

I could go on, and on about all the details and show photos, but why do that?

it probably costs more than it's worth.

just look at the belts and holster... none of the details are correct. the FX lid might be a give away?

I could be impolite about the look, but I figure that if someone wants something like this, then more power to em!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• 3 weeks later...

What vern said :lol:

he's right ,they look good but loads of innacuracies on the e11s ...all of them! and the DL44s are wrong too they are M32 mausers ( airsofts by the look) and not the 1896 broomhandle that was used in the movies.Sorry but if they say they are accurate and they are not ....its up to nerdy blaster nuts to say :lol: Not saying your nerdy or a nut Vern ;)

They even have the link to the parts of star wars website and they are not accurate to what is up there !

What about the DC15s? Same opinions?

Not bad but again lots of little innacuracies, grip wrong angle,bump behind grip to small ,step at the rear wrong shape etc , they all look well put together and painted though so if your not worried about total accuarcy then they are Ok if the prices are good. If they are not then search around and get your moneys worth :)

I like being a nerdy blaster nut!

it's fun.

steve points out even more accuracy problems with these well put together items.

I had the chance to see a cinemastery product at the most recent wondercon.

the E-11 is a pvc pipe with aluminum details, u channel aluminum and weird scope rail.

scope is resin and solid.

Agreed vern its lotsa fun :lol:

Here's the thing guys , when i first got into this hobby i bought a few props that were supposedly accurate , as i learned more I found they were not and ended up being dissapointed with them. If you went on a troop with one of these someone is gonna eventually point out all that is wrong with them, thats fine if its advertised as an approximation of an e11 blaster and you wont be annoyed but its not saying that and its up to some to point that out.