How do I look?

Ok today I had a test fitting of my armour to see what needs to be altered.

I can see a few problems, chest too high, bak too high. Thigh elasti too long, helmet too low.

But I can easily fix those issues.

So here's a little pic to tide you over so you don't think I've given up. :lol:

B2pbcYw.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Honestly bro..it looks good to me! The chest height looks perfect. If you make it lower you'll cover the ab buttons. Cant say about the back as i cant see it..lol. The thigh height /elastic length looks perfect as well. Like Mike said, id like to see pics with your arms down in just a forward stance, but it looks great to me bro.

On 3/20/2011 at 7:37 AM, TK-4510 said:

are your shins on the right sides? Do you have any straight on picks with your arms down?

Yeah sniper plate on left shin, ammo boxes on right thigh.

I have a pic with me front on with my arms at my side, but the shoulder bell moved. I'll ned to sort that problem out and get them to stay in the correct position.

--------

Like I said, this is more a test fitting as I haven't had my belt back from you yet. Hopefuly that'll arrive next week.

I'm also missing my TD as I'm waiting for my lips from Jesse.

*****EDIT****

if you look closely, you can see the thigh armour is held in position with masking tape. I have elastic with snaps, but I need to lose about 2" so they sit higher.

Also noticing the shoulder straps look a bit off, but that is effected by the higher sitting back piece. Once I get it sitting right I can adjust the straps to look more accurate.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I wish I was that skinny .

You and me both brother lol

Yea the back is a bit high, but the front looks good man....perfect to me in fact. The thighs look good too man. Keep in mind you need some space to walk up curbs/steps and the likes. I had mine a little higher than yours at first then i had to lower them cuz i couldnt go up and down stairs and it was difficult to step up a curb!

Looks good Brother!! Your sniper plate is correct,Shins are correct!!

Remember, this is not about whether he has his sniper plate on the right leg (he obviously has), but if he mixed up the left an right shin pieces. Those are not symmetrical, contrary to popular belief.

It looks to me as well like he did mix them up. The curves look kinda off.

Also, I can't help but notice that the helmet looks off. Do you have a close up pic, TrooperVerger?

Otherwise, you're off to a good start. You'll work out all minor fitting problems in no time.

On 3/20/2011 at 4:51 PM, ObiHahn said:

Remember, this is not about whether he has his sniper plate on the right leg (he obviously has), but if he mixed up the left an right shin pieces. Those are not symmetrical, contrary to popular belief.

It looks to me as well like he did mix them up. The curves look kinda off.

Also, I can't help but notice that the helmet looks off. Do you have a close up pic, TrooperVerger?

Otherwise, you're off to a good start. You'll work out all minor fitting problems in no time.

Well if the shins are indeed different and there is a right and left, I'd say that's more down to the recasted crap armour I have.

Also the sniperplate is now riveted to the shin, so I'm a bit stuck.

I didn't notice there was a difference and unless it's a major problem, it's gonna have to stay the way it is unfortunately.

I'm not going for uber accuracy centurion or elite level anyway.

The helmet, as far as I'm aware, is a recast of the SDS helmet.

=========

This pic was taken before I replaced the ears and stuck on the hovi mic mesh.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The shins are easy to distinguish. The inner parts will dish in just like your natural shins do and the outer shins will bow out just like your natural ones do. It looks like you may have an inner part on the outer part or have the left and right crossed. You can easily patch the holes if you need to. But if you dont care, its not a huge deal. Many troopers in SW were like that too.

Lid looks like SDS recast indeed, that's why I thought it was "off". ;)

Not the biggest deal with the shin parts, it doesn't really detract from the overall look that much.

Since you're not going for uber-accuracy, I think you have everything else covered. Good looking stormtrooper!

The shins are easy to distinguish. The inner parts will dish in just like your natural shins do and the outer shins will bow out just like your natural ones do. It looks like you may have an inner part on the outer part or have the left and right crossed. You can easily patch the holes if you need to. But if you dont care, its not a huge deal. Many troopers in SW were like that too.

Easy for you, not so easy to my virgin eyes. :D

I think I'll leave the shins as they are. If I ever decide to upgrade my armour, the next build I do I'll know there's a difference.

Appearance-wise, it's not a huge deal with the shins. Comfort-wise, it will likely make a difference. The sniper plate rivets can be removed and the holes filled, and assuming you used E6000 you can carefully pull apart the shins, clean up the glue residue, and redo them.

Try walking around with the shins on the opposite legs (i.e. putting on the shin with the sniper plate currently attached on your right leg) and see how it feels. If it's not a noticeable difference, then might as well leave it be.

Looking good matey and nearly finished. I have the same "wonky" SDS recast lid, it's OK for now until I get my TM kit from Paul.

Cheers for the feedback everyone.

Yeah damn wonky lid. But it'll have to do for the time being as I'm broke and can't really afford to spend money on a new lid, especially a TM lid.

I also have the shoulder problem like you. Did you ever find a good solution? I know I suggested a few methods, which I'll try, but just wondering if you came up with a proper solution.