ANH Gino HDPE v3 build

Hi Guys , I alway wanted to do a HDPE build (THE CHIPPER) and try to replicate the origanl ANH screen look , heres where iam at the moment just arrived this week , cheers Gino.

DSCF4179-Copy-Copy-2.jpgDSCF4201-1.jpgDSCF4189-Copy-Copy-1.jpgDSCF4187-Copy-Copy-1.jpgDSCF4186-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karin your right HDPE baby alll the way B)

@ Matt , iam going to use a redish spray for the inside of the lid as per the origanls and blend it in with the white and have some hdpe showing at the top inside , i have been told of a white paint to use from a freind who has done a few hdpe builds it will not require a primer just 3-4 coats of it should do it , and then chip away at it in small areas dont want to have loads of chippings just anoth as were the origanal helmets :) .

@ Karin pics comming soon of your knuckle hand gaurds ;)

Interesting, I'm looking forward to your build! It looks like there is a least some teardrop detail in your helmet. I was under the impression that Gino was going to remove that detail from the helmets he sold which is why I decided to pass. Maybe he just softened it a bit instead of removing it?

Cheers,

Dave

Your Right midnight trooper there are bumps on the tear traps but i know now looking closer it dose not have the rectangle line detail ummm wounderwhy that was not put in ?

Ok managed to get a bit more done on the V3 yesterday , got to rivit the lid together plus trimed the ears not to neat want to keep it slap happy B) , now getting ready for paint time luv working with the HDPE so flexable and just luv the color , heres a few pics of progress .

DSCF4313-1.jpgDSCF4318-1.jpgDSCF4317-1-1.jpgDSCF4299-1.jpgDSCF4305-1.jpgDSCF4309-1-1.jpgDSCF4300-1.jpgDSCF4319-1.jpgDSCF4313-1.jpg