ATA ABS vs. TE2 HIPS - wanna see?

Anyone want to see a nice comparison between a spanking new ATA ABS (built by PandaTrooper) vs. an TE2 HIPS (built by TK-4510)? I just got the former from the maker yesterday and am completely blown away. Two gorgeous helmets by two reputable makers... (and tides me over until US Customs delivers my TM's :( )

why do you tease us like this!!! :P

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Sorry guys - hiking too longer than I'd like and trying to get these helmets in a natural light has not been as possible as I'd like.

Still, I got a few before the house got dark - hopefully these will be OK for now until I get get better lighting:

ATA #1

DSC00768.jpg

TE2 on the left - note the different levels of bumpy caps

DSC00766.jpg

Tried to get a close-up of Terry's air brushing, but will need a better camera I think

DSC00767.jpg

There is a wave in the left tube stripe that is present in both - again I'll have to get the better camera I think

DSC00765.jpg

Terry even did the star foam, but it's a little too think and I can't get it fully down on my noggin'

DSC00763.jpg

Back of the ATA. Note there is still some good bumps in the ABS pull, though far less severe than the TE2.

DSC00760.jpg

Alas, this camera/lighting combo is less than ideal. Hopefully we'll get some better light tomorrow. :(

Hey Paul, I usually include a star foam that's bigger than screen accurate for customers so that they can resize it if necessary. I figure it's better to include something bigger that can be cut down slightly than something that's too small, and I would have to send another piece of foam later.

If you look closely, I included a long football shaped piece of foam just above the lens for the brow area. You can remove this to make it smaller as it was not on the originals, again I only include it to make it smaller fitting. You can also simply trim the "prongs" of the star down, maybe remove about 1" at a time to make it smaller. Just test fit it each time.

In regards to the helmet, it currently does not have accurate neck trim (I ran out of the screen accurate stuff) so it's simply some brow trim wrapped around for now. The traps and vents are all hand painted, the tube stripes are airbrushed with hand cut vinyl templates.

I'll try and post some more pics of the ATA ABS lid today. For anyone wondering, the ATA ABS is a fantastic lid and exceptional quality for the price. I know I'm going to get one for sure after working on this one! It was an honor to build ATA ABS lid #1. :)