E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling

Hi there,

i had a stupid little idea, and it´s all TK1961s (user at RPF) fault. :lol

He showed his nice build of a E-11 pistol: My E-11A1 Blaster Pistol - and made me feel a need for having my own one.

So i went in my shop and found some parts, basically a nice DH-17 kit that i purchased a short time ago from Odiwan. Really a excellent kit made by Bowjunkie, but a little bit to much plastic parts for my personal preferences. That kit and some other parts from the partbox brought me to this:

The grip and trigger rearranged some cm to the back, and the mag on the front underside, still without any scope

E-11Pistol031.jpg

Or with a scope? I could offer a M38:

E-11Pistol027.jpg

Or a Singlepoint:

E-11Pistol029.jpg

Or a real one, don´t remember what:

E-11Pistol030.jpg

A pic from the business-end:

E-11Pistol028.jpg

And a closeup of the nozzle

E-11Pistol032.jpg

Still a lot of details to think about, build it? If yes, what version? Or resell the DH-17 kit to someone who´s searching for such a kit? I like it´s look ..... a little bit like a beloved child from a E-11 and a SE-14. :love

As it is no gun we´ve seen in the movies, it would be a good opportunity for me to use the kit and some of the plastic parts i collected in the past. You will notice over time that i usually prefer metal and/or original parts for my blasters.

Well, i´m open to any of your thoughts and suggestions.

that is really cool!! i like the m38 one also.. but i have to ask...did you cut up a good MGC to make that??? or was it just parts??? :blink:

I was wondering the same thing! :huh:

I might chop a MGC up .... later - cause i planned to use a MGC for a DH-17 build, if possible.

That way there would be the most, but still subtle, differences to my ANH E-11 - even with both coming from a similar designed weapon.

But first i need to find one of that cuties for a reasonable price. :unsure:;)

looks very MGC/ROTJ based!!

It should - it´s a replica-kit, designed to build a ROTJ Rebel DH-17 without chopping a real MGC. It´s really good made.

That´s the initially reason why i bought it ... but it has to much plastic parts for my taste, i prefer my screenseen guns to be made from metal and real parts.

The receiver-tube is steel, so ist the bolt, too. The cast MGC-grip and the magazine are made of resin. And the rear sight and the magholder are made from plastic. The triggergroup is a combination of mostly plastic, and some metal-parts (trigger, bolts etc.).

The cap on the rear is from a original canadian sterling - it looks very close to the MGC-cap.

Non-scoped version.

I like the M38, but i have already one on my Sterling. A RPF-user mentioned to try a M19 - as it is smaller, and this gun is smaller a a E-11, i think i give it a try. I will take the M19 from my ESB DL-44, and have a look.

And as you can see in the back of the front-pic, i also have a 4x20 scope ready to use. It is planned to be used on the coming EE-4, but maybe it would look nice on this also? Kind of like the SE-14 on the banner on top of this page.

Thank god i can change my mind until i have the gun ready - only then i need a definite decision. ;) And maybe it´s better to evaluate after the gun is assembled and all painted black. I hope so.

Still made no decision regarding the scope-question, but i started working on the basics that need to be done for every version. :)

I wanted to have the grip as close to the real deal as possible, so i couldn´t just glue the parts together:

E-11Pistol008.jpg

E-11Pistol009.jpg

E-11Pistol010.jpg

E-11Pistol016.jpg

E-11Pistol011.jpg

To achieve this, i drilled a hole with various diameters into the grip itself, and aligned and epoxied a XXL long nut as integral part into the trigger mechanism. To line it up properly for a smooth function was ******, but it is done. :D

E-11Pistol012.jpg

E-11Pistol013.jpg

E-11Pistol014.jpg

Next step was to alter the trigger mechanism - it was just a flexible piece of plastic that pushed the trigger back after using it. That´s nothing what can be accepted by german engineering standards ;) , so i modified it to be driven by a spring.

E-11Pistol015.jpg

I made a tigh fit delrin-endplate on my lathe, and secured it with 4 Allen-head-screws. Same look as on a original MGC.

E-11Pistol001.jpg

On the barrel side it has a step, to center the barrel:

E-11Pistol004.jpg

E-11Pistol005.jpg

This construction was made to serve as a "anchor" for the epoxy when mounting the mag-holder. I don´t trust simple glueing, i prefer to have it more beefier. :lol:

E-11Pistol006.jpg

E-11Pistol007.jpg

Thats all up to now - i hope it may help someone some day. :)

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

You guys remember that strange creation i made as "anchor" for fastening the magholder?

Here is the reason:

JabbaGuardBlaster001.jpg

I filled it with a very strong and sticky 2K-Epoxy, around 8mm high - that should hold.

And i turned a plug from delrin, slighly bigger in diameter than the bolt - should give a smoother slide-action. It goes all the lengt through the bigger part of the bolt, that way it gives some beef for a stable pullrod, too:

JabbaGuardBlaster002.jpg

The front half is filled with hotglue. That should dampen the impact a little bit when working the slide.

Open:

JabbaGuardBlaster006.jpg

And closed:

JabbaGuardBlaster005.jpg

Thanks for watching. If you have any ideas, thoughts, improvements, whatever ..... don´t hesitate to chime in. :)

As nobody has any ideas, thoughts, improvements, whatever ..... i assume everything is perfect? :ohbaby

Or is it just boring? :lol:

Well, some may remember i had used a delrin part with a piece of alu-tube for the barrel ....... after carefull deliberation i decided: I don´t like it, needs more weight, more metal.

I made some new parts:

E-11pistol001-1.jpg

Assembled them:

E-11pistol002-1.jpg

And installed them on the receiver:

E-11pistol003.jpg

Way better. B)

E-11pistol004-1.jpg

I´m getting closer and closer to the point where i have to decide the place for the grip.

At the end, more "pistol" like:

E-11pistol006-1.jpg

Or close to the mag, that leaves a long part behind the grip, something that is a integral part of a Sterling/E-11 for me

E-11pistol005-1.jpg

Or in the middle, to combine the both:

E-11pistol007-1.jpg

Atm, i tend more to "close to the mag".

Me again ...... yeah, the nasty guy with his stupid guns. :rolleyes:

Yesterday 2 layers of flat black as a base, and today this babys parts got 2 final layers of fast drying tough stove paint (it has a perfect shine, not to much but some). And after that i couldn´t resist, before going to the office i had to assemble the parts. :happy As you see there is no weathering yet, i want it to dry for some days before i hammer it - it will get no much weathering, the Empire doesn´t tolerate sloppy maintenance. B)

The grip got a layer of "Future" for it´s shinyness.

OK, OK, i will shut up and show some pics. :blink:

E-11pistol001-2.jpg

E-11pistol004-2.jpg

With the M38 scope:

E-11pistol003-1.jpg

With a M19 scope:

E-11pistol002-2.jpg

And some closeups from different angles:

E-11pistol009-1.jpg

E-11pistol008-1.jpg

E-11pistol006-2.jpg

E-11pistol005-2.jpg

E-11pistol010-1.jpg

Alltogether i´m glad that i did it this way, and havn´t used it for the kits intended use, building a ROTJ DH17 Rebel-Blaster.

And it´s not as small as this pic may suggest. ;)

E-11pistol016.jpg