What's going on with these thighs?

I bought what is probably a recast FX kit from Ebay, and plan on doing the best job I can with it.

Can anyone with FX experience tell me what's up with this?

It's the back of the left thigh (probably bleedingly obvious to those in the know). Is that bottom seam supposed to be like that? How is it meant to fit together? Or should I just be trimming off the offending section?

hQI2uY3.jpg

And just to double check, are the rear joins onthe thighs supposed to be done with velcro?

You just over lap the left ontop of the one on the right.

A lot of armour has that on it sadly. Not sure why

You could cut the lower corner of the lip off (so it sits neater/flatter) if you get it right...but don't blame me if you mess it up :)

hQI2uY3.jpg

I wouldn't blame you. I was thinking of doing that anyway. Glad to know it isn't just my dodgy armour. Cheers for the super fast reply, too.

Edited by Darth Furious

I own an FX kit and on my thighs I cut the square out. About the velcro, its up to you, it comes down to preference, on mine I glued them since to put 'em on I slip 'em on.

You can also just use velcro to seal the backs of your thighs for the first few troops to ensure they are fitted correctly. It's far easer to remove velcro than glue. Just be cautious that when you finall do remove velcro, it will also be narrower as the velcro does add that little bit of extra room/give.

I am fairly confident this may be the same armour I have judging by this thigh. The other wonky thing about these thighs is that if you put them together "as is" you will end up with what basically looks like a straight tube. If you want a nice tapered look you will need to do some significant cutting/modification as I did. These thighs were without a doubt the hardest part of my build.

Not the greatest shots, but may be helpful...

38dnM79.jpg

gnntflS.jpg

Based on what I've learned in recent weeks, I'd recommend ATA too...

But I'll be keeping this kit. I figure I can hone my skills so I can feel confident doing my build if/when I get a better kit. Plus, then I can have a nice, screen accurate kit for trooping and use this one for general messing around. I may even end up converting this on to TKC or TX...