Anyone have a friend in US Customs?

Daetrin

I have 3 TM helmets that are lost somewhere in US Customs, but when I contact customs they say they have no ability to track packages. Anyone have a friend there who could help?

I wish I could help you with the helmets, but I don't have a buddy in customs.

How long have they been in customs? Did they come by the postal service or by a courier like Fedex or UPS?

Believe it not the speed of which it goes through customs depends on the style of shipping you do now. Some companies are twisting your arm to get you to "expedite" your shipment. There is a big upcharge, but they take care of all the paperwork and somehow it gets through customs faster that way. If you did the standard or maybe even bare minimum style of shipping, it throws the package on the back burner, and it could be in customs for a while.

I had the same problem with a Pioneer Elite Laser Disc HLD-X9 Player coming from Japan. It only took it a very short time for it to get to the USA, but it sat in customs for weeks and they gave me the same run a round.

I know this doesn't help matters but at least you know that this is not uncommon and happens to others. After 9/11 things have gotten tighter with customs, as well.

Worst case scenario there are three customes agents running around with TK helmets on.

:smiley-sw013::smiley-sw013::smiley-sw013: I kid!

I sent a Cad Bane mask to Australia that was misdirected by the carrier.

It took three months for the package to come back to me.

The only way to ship international is to pay for priority air mail.

It took over 2 months for me to get a helmet from Spain, and less than 1 week (5 days) to get my TM armour.

So unless it's been 3 months, I wouldn't start worrying yet.