Luke's ANH armour fitting

We all know Luke was a short person, so am I, but apart from the chest plate cut, does anyone notice any other differences?

Many thanks to Dashrazor here

anhref-4340893.jpg

Plus I think his lower edge has been trimmed so there's no return edge. Also to fit his weedy arms (I'll be doing the same)

I have a new suit and will going for Lukes look. Hopefully I won't have to cut the chest plate like his though

Luke has 2 left arms.

Can others kindly list any other differences they are aware of with Luke's suit please?

John

Edited by john danter

Hi John its great to see you going for the Luke look i was thinking at some point of doing that to just never got round to it mate what new armour are you going for if you dont mind me asking ? by the way it looks like they also cut the botom of Lukes back plate to as well as the chest .

anhref-4342382.jpganhref-4342477.jpg

Still looking for any other differances ;)

Heres another shot look how longer at the bottom Hans back plate is comperd to Lukes .

anhref-4354620.jpg

Edited by SW1

Yeah I've noticed that my BFA armour (just fancied a cheap suit) is a TE derived suit.

I 'think' the biceps are different in several way. There is no platform for the sealing strip. TM armour doesn't have it. So fairplay to Paul for spotting that :)

Luke has return edges on his upper thighs, so that's cool.

Some of his sealing strips (arms) are angular at the end, so I'll try and do the same :)

You want to go for the Luke look but not cut the chest? Err... so you're not going for the Luke look, right? :unsure:

Lol, I see your point.

I'm basing my buildon Luke's suit....how about that then :)

I may cut the chest yes, but that's for my GML to allow, not me. Not heared back yet.

If I'm tall enough not to cut the chest, then there's no need. As yet I haven't finsihed the whole suit

John,

There are no raised edges for the joining strips on ANH armour, only ROTJ.

Lukes' armour looks to be the same as all the rest apart from the trimmed down chest and back plate on the lower edge. I would go with trimmimg the same as the screen used suit and not worry about about what your GML will say. If it's on screen then it should be acceptable with no questions asked! (just my opinion)

I doubt you will be going for the original strapping with your BFA so no point in me going into detail there.

Basically, not much difference from any other trooper build really mate.

Lol, I see your point.

I'm basing my buildon Luke's suit....how about that then :)

I may cut the chest yes, but that's for my GML to allow, not me. Not heared back yet.

If I'm tall enough not to cut the chest, then there's no need. As yet I haven't finsihed the whole suit

I've trooped my TM from day one with my chest like this and no one as ever said a thing about it being

shortened B)

02ChestPlate-1.jpg

My fisrt Troop, me getting 'Branded'

(even having you showing me the ropes never managed to scare me off mate :D )

3033711913_30bb0013d2_b.jpg

Spot the shortend chest on the good looking trooper on the right taken a good few years ago now B)

3560733786_62ee07a5bb_o.jpg

I even trimmed down Gary's old TM chest just a smidge for him and Pete-Stuka didn't notice untill it

was pointed out :D

Just go for it mate ;)

Edited by Billhag

Ah see, now I based my decision on you and Gary actually, as you're both challenged like me as well :)

Yes I remember the space centre matey :)

I was just wondering are Luke arms trimmed a little different. If he's short then his arms will be short too. Like mine.

I know both ends of biceps and forarms don't have a return edge so that helps.

If it's just the chest plate, back plate and grappling hook, cool :)

Thank you too Paul

If I'm tall enough not to cut the chest, then there's no need.

John, if you want it to fit well without cutting off the bottom of the chest, get the shoulder tabs on the chest and the back to touch (shorten the tabs if necessary) and cut material from the neck.

I'm only a touch taller than you are and I got my chest piece to join the abdomen nice and high (like the originals with hardly any overlap) by doing just that.

anhref-4340893.jpg

I see no difference on his arms compared to any other suit apart from him having two left forearms. This is a bit strange seeing how they are actually longer than the right forearms. You would have thought they would have used the shorter right side than the left.

If anything, the forearms have been trimmed more at the inner elbow. You don't want to have much of a gap between your forearm and bicep, that's how you get the pinch. Keep the forearms up high, even if they overlap the bicep, that's how they are ;)

John, if you want it to fit well without cutting off the bottom of the chest, get the shoulder tabs on the chest and the back to touch (shorten the tabs if necessary) and cut material from the neck.

I'm only a touch taller than you are and I got my chest piece to join the abdomen nice and high (like the originals with hardly any overlap) by doing just that.

Rich

Totally agree mate.Paul's later chests have shorter tabs and they sit a lot different now. B)

With a little bit of playing around you can get the front and back sitting near as God damn

on us short ar$e's without cutting the bottoms :D

:)

On my 2mm TM ,This is what i have done Paul , i have narrowed my biceps so they sit a bit lower now plus stil got movement so they are not tight overal i think it was 1inch i trimmed out on each bicep , plus i did trim my inner elbows on the forearms yes because my arms are not the longest but the forearms are up high so its cool with me B) like you say thats how they are :D

As Billy knows on my Chest and back plate i heated the tabs and bent them in slightly by about 1 inch have to be cafefull to keep the ilinement of the tabs so they all meet eachother , it raised the chest and backplate by 1 inch or so oh yes with the help of some shoulder pads to , Thanks Stuka for that tip ,so i did not have to trim the bottom of the chest or back plate .

Edited by SW1

i know that this is not on the same stream as what you guys are talking about, but on lukes suit... well after he ditches the suit but still has the belt. when he goes to use the grappling hook, the retracting switch on the top of its box is missing. :P just a side detail (there's a pun there somewhere :) )... who'd have guessed i'd notice that haha ;)

As Billy knows on my Chest and back plate i heated the tabs and bent them in slightly by about 1 inch have to be cafefull to keep the ilinement of the tabs so they all meet eachother , it raised the chest and backplate by 1 inch or so oh yes with the help of some shoulder pads to , Thanks Stuka for that tip ,so i did not have to trim the bottom of the chest or back plate .

And pretty darn sexy it looks too matey B)

Following on from what Paul said about Luke's arms and looking again at my bottom picture from above, it reminded me of one

of the chats I had with Brian Muir's lovely wife Lindsay when I was in armour.

She complimented me on my suit and ask if she could see my arms and proceeded to count each side silently.

Immediatly pronouced "That's TM isn't it?" and carried on to tell me that Brian had totally forgotten that he'd sculpted

an odd number of indents on the forearms until he saw Paul's suits.

How frigging COOL is that!!! B)

Thats great Billy that Brians Wife noticed that detail kudos to that B) heres a pic of day you spoke to Brian and his lovley wife on gaurd behind the sculptor master :D

DSC09951-1-1.jpg

Dont mean to hijack your thread John :)

And pretty darn sexy it looks too matey B)

Following on from what Paul said about Luke's arms and looking again at my bottom picture from above, it reminded me of one

of the chats I had with Brian Muir's lovely wife Lindsay when I was in armour.

She complimented me on my suit and ask if she could see my arms and proceeded to count each side silently.

Immediatly pronouced "That's TM isn't it?" and carried on to tell me that Brian had totally forgotten that he'd sculpted

an odd number of indents on the forearms until he saw Paul's suits.

How frigging COOL is that!!! B)

Wow! That's a fantastic story right there!

what do you use for the clip? i'm trying to make one, coming along decently, but it's not quite what i was hoping for...

got a pic?

25mm version of one of these

product_28693.JPG

He has something very very similar on his belt holding the commlink, but it seems to have something on the foot of where it's secured onto the belt.

Need to take a closer look

You see a good shot of it, when Luke and Han meet up with the droids after getting out of the compactor

dashrasor will be working on screen caps for 421 suit style stuff maybe that'll be one of the caps he pulls.

what i have is rather similar... havent finished trimming the wings yet to make them smaller, but here's what it looked like before i started... (most recent pic of it isnt uploaded anywhere. lol)

003.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my belt :)

Almost finished Luke's belt :)

1756861d.jpg

Made the compad and clip

This was made from one of Marks Skunky's mic tips. I love the detail on them. Very nice

53bd1eb3.jpg

Vac formed a grappling hook box. Fairly simple but I'm pretty happy with it :)

Just need to add the toggle switch and wire zinger to it

1c266e0d.jpg

Just need the switch to finish off my grappling box :)

I decided to use a tape measure to act as the retractable gismo :)

Pull out the tape, open up the enclosure and pull it off the tab. Tie on the white cord, retwist the wire spring in the centre and put it all back together.... :)

465662f3.jpg

Make a bracket to hold the tape measure belt bracket

c2e47754.jpg

bcbeab28.jpg

8d7c70bd.jpg

Pull the cord through the hole and stick in the tape measure

25f9239d.jpg

Tie a double loop around the grappling hook, and leave about a foot lose

Use a knot called an albright knot to stick the cords together. Cord from the tape measure and the double loop from the grappling

3f9fbb28.jpg

This forms a nice knot to stop it retracting back inside the box. Otherwise the hook would fly out of the plastic hoop and look silly :)

Rivet the box onto the plastic bracket already riveted onto the belt

e27285a1.jpg

a7b64ac6.jpg

Job done :)