what color grey for drop boxes

tk8428

not sure on the ears yet (just noticed that today lol) but for the boxes i used the same as the TD but in some versions of the game they are darker so i dont think it is critical

---------------

also note that the sides and backs are white ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

not sure on the ears yet (just noticed that today lol) but for the boxes i used the same as the TD but in some versions of the game they are darker so i dont think it is critical

Ā 

Ā 

thanks i'll check with my GML see if they'll still clear it..but is that colour or just supposed to be shading??

Edited by tk8428

thanks i'll check with my GML see if they'll still clear it..but is that colour or just supposed to be shading??

shading was my first thought as well.. but white tk's in the game have white boxes ;) and it is like that in the texture files as well

On 2/9/2011 at 7:46 PM, Amptrooper said:

So, what is this about black ears? What reference are y'all using for that?

Also, do we know if the gray drop boxes and or black ears will be needed for EIB?

Ā 

here are the ear details

4MHEqs1.jpg

look here for more

--------

Ā 

as far as needed for EIB, not at this point anyway, the details were just noticed yesterday while taking screenshots :P but like Blaine stated the ears are a nice touch that sets the helmet apart. either way both details are pretty quick fixes ;)

Ā 

i assume the ears are different too because of rank?

Ā 

look at the difference between incinerator and commander ears. it looks like the black rank stripe goes through the center of the bumps horizontally...

xS6vGGk.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

not sure yet on the ab buttons either. but it is a nice touch if you want to go the extra mile ;) little mods like the ear markings and drop boxes are pretty easy to accomplish. but adding an extra ab button would be a bit tricky.. also remember that the armor is ROTJ based so 4 ab buttons would be fine. also all of the game stormtroopers models have the 5 buttons :blink:

FYI I updated the EI requirements for this costume to contain some of the latest data that Mason has uncovered. The ear detail is clearly intended and visible and this is a "should have". The fifth ab button, considering it's on all game models, I'm thinking is more a miss on the part of the game creators and have instead placed that as a "may have" item.

Ā 

The gray drop boxes where already there, but I put a guidance to match the color of the ears as it's logical they'd be similar.

Ā 

NOTE: the CRL for this is still being written, but to date for the most part what the LMO has accepted is a ANH Stunt painted correctly. Though recent applicants have also taken the time to invert the ab plate, which I believe is a must at a minimum for this costume.

Ā 

ROTJ detailing (door trim, thinner belt/thermal detonator, etc.) so far has been a bonus step some are taking but not most.

As the first/only EIB for this costume am I to assume that my present version (action figure) is now the Grandfather of the TKC's.....I will definitely do the updates, ears, invert the ab buttons, if needed, but they are on the must wait list at this time, and the details are much more clear on the game than they are on the figure...dang may have to save up to buy a new set of armour to do version 2

Edited by Wildabeast

Will - yes, you're grandfathered in unless the detachment wants to vote otherwise. Remember the ears are just a "should have", even for EI.

Thanks for the clarification Paul, I personally think all of these new discoveries are great and will make the next generation of TKC's even that much better....as for the drop boxes i think that the grey is a shading to make them distinguishable during game play....

Thanks for the clarification Paul, I personally think all of these new discoveries are great and will make the next generation of TKC's even that much better....as for the drop boxes i think that the grey is a shading to make them distinguishable during game play....

Ā 

i think you may be correct as far as the commander is concerned ;) after tweaking from several angles it can appear white at times and is different from the incinerators (witch can never turn white at any angle) ill post up some screens showing the differences..

ICN= the drop boxes appear almost black to dark gray depending on the IN GAME lighting

pFfd9sa.jpg

Ā 

TKC= only appears black when moving but can appear light when not moving

1TDp5Gt.jpg

Ā 

also a shot of the TD. i think the little details were just not important enough to add (it is on his butt :P )

Ā 

jBDcg8z.jpg

Ā 

detonator texture file

SlUSoYY.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

also this image shows gray (but i dont know its origin) anbody know where this comes from?? i haven't come across it the ps3/PC versions of the game

200px-501st_stormtrooper.jpg

Odd that the designers would add small details such as inner drop boxes and chipping paint on the butt plate, but omit the thermal detonator's details. :huh:

In the picture of the TD, It is clear that the back of the drop boxes are white, but the sides look to be medium grey or charcoal. I am thinking more medium grey as they do not look as dark as the ICN. It also does not look like the black from the undersuit in the same shot, and if you look at the skin on the TD, there is grey on it, but on the screenshot, those areas look black. This leads me to believe that it is a touch lighter than the grey on the TD...

Ā 

But that could also be just a shadow. hmmn.

• 3 months later...

IIRC drop boxes may be white for CRL, but will need to be grey for EI & Centurion.

Ā 

Ok cool. SO, to summarise, I'll be doing:

Ā 

Blue as in the CRL, BLack ear details, weathering and Grey Dropboxes. :)

• 4 weeks later...

So....is there a DEFINITE consensus on the Drop Box colour? Yes or no? And IF yes, is it only the front face of the dropbox, leaving the sides white?

Ā 

Someone help clarify this as I'm at the painting stage with my TKC. Cheers!