New guy here and future TKC- Hopefully:)

Trout

Hi all. I am new around here and just posted my intro thread. I really like the look of the TK commander, and had a couple of questions as my end goal is to get my EIB status. I figured with that as my goal, I should build my armor with that in mind instead of reworking it later.

I have a set of AM armor on the way, and I know that I will have to replace that lid to bceome EIB. I had a couple of questions to make sure I am understanding the CRL.

It appears that the video game reference is the only style you can gain EIB status on now, correct? So that means that I will need to build the base armor in ROTJ style, but use the ANH Stunt holster, helmet, and hand guards. What about the E-11 itself? Is any version ok?

Also, the main differences I see from ANH Stunt to ROTJ is that the Ab and Back pieces are not shimmed together, There is molding on the ab, chest, back, butt, and cod, the ab piece is upside down, the butt and kidney are not split apart, no bicep straps for shoulder bells, and the shoulder straps are different. Am I missing anything? Can the butt and kidney be separated for mobility and joined tightly together with straps, or do they have to be one solid piece?

Thanks, and I am sorry for all of the questions, but want to make sure I am on the right page.

gday mate,

yes, it is only the game version for EIB now. I just finished converting my TKC to the game reference, and you have said everything that is required :lol:

AS for the butt/kidney, they do have to be joined together. So you'll have to combine them on your AM kit.

Go the commanders!

as Sean stated above ;) here is a link to the ROTJ CRL  -----------

if you follow it for the armor you will be golden :DANH helmet and hand plates ext.. per the commander CRL, also where the holster is optional, it is not in the game version. just remember the gray drop boxes :P

the blaster appears to be ROTJ/ESB (no counter like ANH) and is wielded with the stock extended (not required) A light saber based off of the video game reference may be carried in stead of an E-11. also a An SE-14R are all acceptable :)

also this texture file shows the paint/weathering details very clearly (yes its a bit wonky to look at)

CDC672a.jpg

i am looking forward to following this build!!! :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey Jason,

Here is what I am getting out of the TKC EIB requirements: You will build to the requirements of ROTJ EIB armor minus the ROTJ helmet and hand plates. Replace with the EIB Stunt Helmet and ANH trapezoidal hand plates. The main difference between the ROTJ armor and the ANH ESB armor is the Ab button section is upside down on the ROTJ armor compared to ANH ESB armor. The kidney and butt plate is one piece and not two. Certain sections of the ROTJ armor has the door trim molding around it. The shoulder bells do not have the elastic that wraps around the biceps. In other words just follow the requirements for the ROTJ EIB just for the armor.

Link to:-----------

The holster should be attached to the belt per the requirements of the ANH Stunt. Here are the requirements:

*Holster should be attached to the belt from behind instead with no loops covering the outside of the belt, using two fasteners at the bottom. These may be rivets or Chicago screws.

As for the paint scheme you shoud be referencing the video game only. If you have the video game, press pause, and go to input code, enter "TK421BLUE" for the TKC.

As for the blaster, it has been suggested if you are doing the video game variant (ROTJ style of armor) you should have an ROTJ style of blaster. However, I have read that they are not being as picky about the blaster because there is no real good screen grab of it to reference. Also, from what I have read they are not being as picky with TKC EIB for the moment because it is still somewhat new and there is only one TKC EIB recipient for right now (Will/Wildabeast).

----------

As they probably get further along with more TKC's getting their EIB's they will probably tighten up on the requirements.

Reference Will/Wildabeast's TKC build and you can PM him and ask his advice on this, also.

---------

Hope this helps you.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks! The good thing is that it looks like I did understand reading through the CRLs... The bad news is that I have a lot of work ahead, but it will be fun at least! To a new guy here, the requirements can seem a but daunting. I will be starting up a WIP thread soonish, but having two small children, the updates will be slow.

I currently have the parts to build an ANH E11, but it should not be to hard to convert it;)

Will and Sean's armor are what inspired me to go this route for my first 501st build, and I will be visiting their builds regularly.

Thanks again!

just study the game. take your time.. and most of all have fun!!! i did a ICN as my first build and know it can be a bit of work but it was well worth it,the ICN and TKC are identical minus the paint job and weapon ;)

On the plus, it's easier to go EI from the start than it is to retrofit. Also, there are some really good troopers doing EU and ROTJ costumes now, so the trail's been blazed a bit and they are outstanding references. If you like, please do a build thread as it will in turn make it easier for others to follow in your footsteps.

Woohoo... I got home today to a nice large box on my porch! The build is starting this weekend!

I was going to just sport the FX helmet for a while, but as soon as I saw it, I decided to make it a Sandy display, and I just bought a CAP, lol.

Can't wait to see this build coming along. The TKC has been a fun journey. The new references have made that all them more interesting and given me more work! LOL!

TKC has got to be one of the coolest designs, I think!