TK-421

OK!!, OK!!!,.....I GIVE UP!!!!

TKHANDSUP.png

So, shall we also add super powerful transmitters,helmet computers,a Comtech Series IV speaker

using three-phase sonic filtering for clear sound,fitted integrated standard personal ray-shield projectors,

Proper Resonator to open secure doors,Holographic Vision Processors,Three ion flares,Three water packs,

Combat de-ionizer, etc, etc to the list of possibles for EIB clearence, as these are also refered to in numerous

retrospective ramblings in a wide rage of publications

Or am I just being silly now :blink:

What we do know is what we all saw in the film, a set of props placed on a specific trooper, for A specific reason,

to enable forth coming plot lines to unfold. :)

Hey!, but what do I know? :huh:

:D

You all know it was just a movie, right?

Seriously, I think we have to distinguish between movie props/costumes and idealized characteres for the broad public.

For us hard core fans, a Mr Flakey, a Mr No Stripes with lightening gels as lenses, a used armor with duct tape and painted chelsea boots brings us as close to tne real thing as possible.

But for the average fan it has to be a shiny, white, perfect armor. This is what I thought when I was a child.

I remember a few weeks ago when I showed proudly a perfectly weathered pair of hand guards to a friend, she just said: " That is quite a bad paint job. Better throw it away"

Get my image?

Well i hope you though them bad paint job hand gaurds my way Karin :P like you said Karin theres us Purised and then troopers who like to have it all shiney up to the indivigal , i must admit when iam trooping its nice to have it nice and shiney , and then i am luckey to have the weatherd armour to admire for a tripp down memory lane :)

im not sure, but i think that you're trying to make a mockery of my intent, billy. all im trying to say is the actual trooper wearing the suit before luke took it was a stunt not a hero. i understand where you're coming from, but to compare and important TK roll to little obvious mishaps such as mr nostripes is comparing han and chewy as people. their not even the same species. sure 421 was suited up with the obvious intent of needing specific items for later to be named events where luke was the one doing such things, and luke had the hero helmet... but the trooper he took the suit from clearly was stunt, not hero...

i understand the opposing side of this discussion, but i think it's like comparing cats and dogs. just my thoughts, and im sure you'll make a mockery of me again... im not trying to fight and argue to get my way... just trying to make what i think is a valid point. if i have to, i'll bust out a TD and go EIB as stunt with no com or anything. and just have a second belt to wear when i want to have a grappling hook.... it's not a huge deal. so whomever has the power to either allow or deny my request... please say your thoughts.

Actually Eric you use the comlink/grapling hook in lieu of a thermal detonator anytime you want, regardless of FISD or EI. We're not the trooping police after all :)

The question we're trying to decide is if having this character who is otherwise with a hero helmet but in this one shot have a stunt is enough to justify changing the CRLs/EI standards. My answer is probably not. The Hero option is really trying to capture the configurations popularized by Han & Luke but also seen on the Tantive IV among others scenes, excepting costume flubs and continuity errors.

Finally this has brought up several side topics, which everyone seems to have fun exploring and don't directly bear on your question at all.

Does this help?

i agree, mainly because it is clearly shown on screen like you stated Eric. but it is backed up by several non film references as well. if Mr no stripes had reference other than the film, like in the EU if having no stripes had a special designation perhahps it might be acceptable.

Actually Eric you use the comlink/grapling hook in lieu of a thermal detonator anytime you want, regardless of FISD or EI. We're not the trooping police after all :)

The question we're trying to decide is if having this character who is otherwise with a hero helmet but in this one shot have a stunt is enough to justify changing the CRLs/EI standards. My answer is probably not. The Hero option is really trying to capture the configurations popularized by Han & Luke but also seen on the Tantive IV among others scenes, excepting costume flubs and continuity errors.

Finally this has brought up several side topics, which everyone seems to have fun exploring and don't directly bear on your question at all.

Does this help?

yeah i know i can wear them whenever and all, i'm just currently working on getting my suit ready for EIB, it's close. i'm not sure what's taken me so long to do it actually. it's fine if the 421 style can't be made stunt officially for EI, i just thought it was a question that should be asked... but after the EIB pics, i'll swap my belt out and post pics of my commlink/grappling hook... they deserve to be shown off. :P

yeah those side topics are interesting and some are comical.

yes it helps a lot. thanks :)

Eric

I think you’ve got me all wrong mate, it was never my intention to mock you or the points that you’ve raised.

I apologise if you feel that way. If I was mocking anything it was using questionable resources as a point of

reference and not your initial enquiry which I do honestly think is a valid one.

Now, do I think we should have a Stunt with Hero config for EIB?, my personnel opinion is no.

Do I think that TK-421 is cool?,..HELL YERH!!. I’m in no way arguing that point. He was a pivotal part of not

only the film but of the 501st as we know it. Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, his supposed armour

is more synonymous with Luke as the plot always intended it to be. Did they get it wrong with the helmets?

of course they did. If they got it right we wouldn’t be debating the subject now. Luke’s and TK-421’s

appearance in armour were meant to be identical, and to many it was. Two troopers come in, Han and Luke

bash them over the head and nick there armour, roll on next scene.

The illusion was meant to be seamless and leave us believing it was the same set of suits that the ‘good guys’

were now wearing.

I know, I know, I know, ….him having a stunt lid on makes him unique and should be considered as such

(and in many ways he is) but you can go around and around in circles with this one and never truly nail it down.

and anyway the Boss as spoken and given his forthright opinion on the subject.

:)

Please, please, please put some pictures up of commlink/grappling hook set up as promised, I’d love to see ‘em mate

:)

Take care

sorry, i thought wrong about how you meant it. no hard feelings. i understand mocking a source of info, but somehow i thought you were mocking me in general. and for that, i'm sorry i read you wrong. but i must admit, you gave some great debating points.

but i'll deff hold true to my word about the pics. lol :D. it really is a nice grappling hook, and i think another touch up coat of paint on my comlink and it'll be golden. my only current issue... that stupid clip that is used to hold it to the belt. i've found something that might work (i'll figure out tonight either way) but it's not really what i was hoping for....

Hi all,

The whole reason I started to follow the full size prps and costuming was to create what I saw on screen.

Surely as people have said, if it is on screen IT IS accurate, and the MOST accurate.

Continuity is good, but I thought the aim was ACCURACY, TKs are not all the same. As any fighting force in the world will show, they are Troopers afterall.

I often see this in the modelling world, why did that tank have that turret, a picture is produced and then that is fact, proven.

The lengths that people now go to for accracy is amazing, ultimatley if it is on the screen it should be accepted.

If not we could fall down the path of what is an idealised TK and furthermore, why don't we all have the same suit.

The question is what are you aiming for, to replicate that figure that makes you feel like a child again, and brings enjoyment, OR, what you think it should be. I know what I am and I don't like the idea of having my ABS reinforced with Kevlar

Not my idea of fun, if it looks right, and the little discrepecies can be shown as correct, then surely IT IS RIGHT, well in my eyes it always will be no matter the rules

Gra

Edited by tk7713gra30