TM cheek bump

puro

On 1/15/2011 at 7:36 AM, john danter said:

What's that horrid line down the the tubes? Uch

It's a side effect of using screen acurate materials sometime's ;)

----------

---------

other armour makers found the same issues aswell recently using HDPE.

Sorry to derail the thread my initial post was regarding the Bump this was about the screen acurate flaw's questioned.

Last time I add to this.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

So the question I have for the experts is - why is the tear detail there on the screen-used helmets to begin with? It doesn't seem to add anything to the overall look IMO.

So the question I have for the experts is - why is the tear detail there on the screen-used helmets to begin with? It doesn't seem to add anything to the overall look IMO.

I know what you mean, but who know why it's there? Brian may know the reason as it's so small it wouldn't have been picked up on screen surely? Especially when painted over. Unless the decision to paint came after the sculpt? Just like the TD lids evolved into normal TKs. More detail etc

I always assumed the marks had been made with a thumbnail ... that`s what it looks like on Simons original anh helmet , maybe it was a kind of "signature" ...who knows, maybe the original thought was that a small indent detail would go in there and cover the mark up .

It certainly isnt a bump , just an oval mark in the original mould. The inside of Simons helmet picks it up nicely (as it would, seeing as it was formed OVER the mould).. It isnt a smooth little oval line , its jagged ..like a (long ?) thumbnail was pushed into the clay in stages , forming the oval.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 1/15/2011 at 11:43 PM, firebladejedi said:

Its there on the Dan Laws lid nowadays too

-----------

Fairplay, Dan knows how to suck lol Lovely detail

Edited by gmrhodes13