Budget tips, will do more if liked

Hi all,

Well thanks to my wife, and the kitchen being down a sieve, I found a softer mesh.

Please let me know what you think. I just need feedback on the tips themselves and price.

C5jZ8i4.jpg

I will post these in the ongoing sales section as soon as I get some more cast and some more mesh from the market and see if there is an interest,I will make a list up then, think I can do them £3.50 a pair.

As mentioned they are meant to be a budget alternative. but I think better than a lot of tips and a good starter before upgrading. They are Hovi casts.

Regards

Graham

On 1/5/2011 at 7:22 AM, Scootch said:

Nice Graham; will you be creating these with a mounting screw built in? Or are they hollow with enough backing to dril out and insert a screw? They look nice. :duim:

Hi Scott,

Thanks, glad you think they are ok.

I used 2 part epoxy glue to glue a flat head screw to the back. When dry I attached a felt pad with a hole drilled, to the inside of the helmet and screwed, its very strong.

xHAskVu.jpg

EouG8Wb.jpg

I wanted to avoid drilling as the back is not that thick due to using a proper hovi and a 1 piece mould.

A screw could be added inside but I would have to drill the hole before adding the mesh and it looks a bit unsightly, the screw method should hold really well but would be great to hear your views and others.

Here they are in one of my lids.

AVhmWJy.jpg

All the best

graham

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

They are cool, I'de defo be in for a couple sets to toy with. :salute: Price sounds nice. :trooper:

Cheers mate, no worries. I'll post Budget mic Tips for sale in the correct forum when done and the run number. I expect to do about 20 sets at first but I'll let you know. If i can do this number then thats how I can keep the prices really low.

All the best

graham

Hi Karin, its a cast I had of a Hovi.

I adjusted, cleaned to be able to make 1 piece moulds, painted and added the mesh.

They are cast in good quality Urethane Resin, as I use for my figure castings.

I didn't mean to imply I had the original, hope that does not take away the look of them or the good price ( I think).

As you know the originals are like gold dust, in fact I have never seen an original so all the tips are usually a cast, as far as I am aware.

I don't think this is wrong as they are all copies of an industrial item and not a sculpt of an individual.

If this offends anyone greatly I will remove.

PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE NOT CASTINGS FROM TIPS I HAVE PURCHASED FROM ANY MEMBER OF FISD OR ANY MEMBER OF ANY OTHER FORUM.

I only want to offer some nice cheap tips to spruce up helmets

Kindest regards

Graham

Edited by tk7713gra30

I was just being curious :)

Excellent casts, I can image pouring so thin walled items can be quite tricky.

The mesh looks quite good.

But I'm missing the "nipple".

As a budget alternative, I guess it's WYSIWYG. But surely it would be nice with a nipple. But the extra work casting that could possibly break the "budget"-side of it. I believe it would be healthy for the community as a whole to have good quality items in a range of price levels (but I do not want to advocate inaccuracy), where everyone can find whichever level of accuracy they desire. :)

Edited by Locitus

I should also add that I think your hovis look great and you should keep up the production! Those who want to go the extra mile have others to buy their hovis from. :)

Many thanks for your kind words.

Can you explain the nipple better for me.

I had no knowledge of this when I did the mould as the tip I have is just smooth.

If you can show me the nipple I will try to add to the mould and if i can get out of a 1 piece it will not add any costs extra.

Thankyou again

graham

I'm kindly borrowing a picture of Marks (sskunky) hovis he makes. The nipple would be second from the left, which sits inside the hovi when assembled.

GyXLdog.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Yeah I was about to say about speakers

My mod relies on hollow tips like yours, especially if they just hollow tubes not cup like, like yours

Nipples are cool but you'll have to do a chest mod or belts then

Me, I love in lid speakers! Much more confident trooping

Thanks all so much and especially to Locitus for the pics.

I reckon I can do the nipple as an add piece that drops in.

Hopefully then it will fit all requirements :-)

I will get onto it, had some good advice about using a punch for the mesh so all being well that will be even better too.

i am enjoying this.

Best wishes

graham

Me, I love in lid speakers! Much more confident trooping

I love in helmet speakers too! Although mine are in the hovis. But your mod is really cool. More people should look into it. Maybe if I get a cheaper helmet to "play with" I should give it a try.

Thanks all so much and especially to Locitus for the pics.

No worries mate! Credit should go to Mark who made the hovis and took the picture. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...