A Drummers AM build[*AM]

ok, I'm well into my AM build, I took lots of pictures and I finally got them on flickr so you can check it out. Let me know if you see something I screwed up...I tried to follow all the great threads (panda's, stuka's,tkrestonva's,Rich's)God bless them all !

I'm waiting on my TK Boots (still on back order) so I can finish my calve pieces . I didnt want to trim and fit without having the boots on. I ordered a TM lid (I know I'm stoked ) as I got the AM "lite" kit. Also waiting on my paint to come in so I can finish the ab buttons.

here is the link...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikestrooperbuilds

I hope it works as this is my first time using and posting pics this way :)

Click add reply and two buttons to the right of the :) face is a polaroid picture. Click that one and paste the link to your .jpg.

5277846074_ccb393ed81_b.jpg

so that it ends up looking like

[img=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5128/5277846074_ccb393ed81_b.jpg]

5277844014_deabedbb87_b.jpg

Looks good! How tall are you?

I'm 5'9"

Guest jedislayer5000

looks great i just recently finished building my AM kit, like yesterday lol, havent added any strapping yet, all thats left is to sand the body pieces and add the straps, everything else is done and assembled, yours looks great btw :)

Looking good so far - and it's nice to see more and more people doing their AM build using butt seams & joining strips. :duim:

AM is a pretty versatile kit, and can be built in ways to suit different needs and tastes.

Looking good so far - and it's nice to see more and more people doing their AM build using butt seams & joining strips. :duim:

AM is a pretty versatile kit, and can be built in ways to suit different needs and tastes.

Thanks Brian, it's a nice compliment coming from one of the great troopers ! I love the AM kit because of it's versatility . I'm trying to incorporate some of the little techniques I learned here from you guys .

I'm gonna try and weather it alittle with the news paper like was showed by Pete and Paul to help make it more screen accurate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got the heads up that my TM bucket is on the way :D I cant wait !!!! I hope the boots will be in this week as I had heard they will be. The armor is completed minus the back of shins till I can do the last fit when I have the boots on.

DSC_0227a.jpg

DSC_0223a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow its been a while ! I finally finished my armor. The cherry on the cake, my TM helmet ! Here is my photo "first test fit" . Let me first say I was so excited to get my first test fit that I forgot to put on my o2 canister, and after I wanted some shots of my HWT gear that I had so far, I put my pouldron on the wrong side ! Since these are just test fit pics I wont be too hard on myself..... it was my first time :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope you can just get the idea of what I'm trying to do . Let me know if there is something out of whack . I will retake some shots to submit with my application to the 501st.

DSC_0346a.jpg

DSC_0358a.jpg

DSC_0362a.jpg

DSC_0363a.jpg

DSC_0365a.jpg

DSC_0369a.jpg

DSC_0374a.jpg

DSC_0413a.jpg

DSC_0408a.jpg

DSC_0409a.jpg

DSC_0418a.jpg

DSC_0430a-1.jpg

DSC_0472a.jpg

DSC_0470a.jpg

DSC_0521a.jpg

DSC_0491a.jpg

DSC_0467a.jpg

I had a great time taking these shots and next time I'll make sure I have my gear on properly :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone for your never ending help !

suit looks great. congrats on the build. duim.gif should be an easy pass for the 501st. your calves look like they might could use some adjustment, i'm not sure. just look a lil off. could just be me though. unsure.gif

all in all, looks fantastic :)

Thanks guys, it means the world hearing it from the masters ! Yeah I thought the calf pieces were the hardest parts of the am build, I was so bummed when I saw the pics ! I'll have it together next time :)

Looks great, I can't wait to see that TM bucket in person.

Isn't your pauldron on the wrong shoulder though? I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's an easy fix. :)

Edit: Oops, just read your post. Disregard my last comment. Move along, move along.

Edited by ajax407

Yeah I thought the calf pieces were the hardest parts of the am build,

they can be tricky for people. me and many others initially had them on the wrong leg, or the inside part on the outside, or just not right one way or another. haha. :P all part of the fun.

Thanks Eric ! I'm pretty stoked about finally being finished and submitting my application. I can't wait ! I'm thankful for all the great people on this board and admire some of the greatest craftsman in the hobby. Everyones help was invaluable !