TIE pilot

Hey guys! Ive finally decided to join the 501st. :D After alot of thinking I decided to go for the TIE pilot. Its one of my top fav designs. The mean black TK face with the pilot helmet looks totally awesome.

I want to try the movie accurate route and heres my DA helmet so far.

Cut and assembly trying to replicate the originals.

Selfmade bubble lenses.

Padding and chin strap original style.

Correct cut forehead below the mohawk.

Rough edge white decals with a few bubbles and wrinkles.

helmet4s.jpg

helmet30.jpg

helmet2.jpg

helmet8.jpg

helmet9.jpg

helmet10.jpg

Next is glue some rubber rim on and make a pillbox.

Cheers

Hey again,

Ive done the pillbox. Its not 100% accurate, but got a vintage feel to it that I do like. I did it by the numbers given at starwarshelmets, so size and position should be pretty right.

If I would find a better alternative, this one is screwed into place, so a shifting to another would be quite easy.

pill3.jpg

pill2.jpg

pill1.jpg

Thanks! :D

Marcel, you have any pics of your great looking TIE lid? part of me wants the all black version. The helmet that i first fell in love in were black. However helmets like yours look really nice too!

Mark, PM sent.

Cheers

Edited by NAZGÛL

Top notch work on the pill box Matti. I am in the search for the original make/model of the "stamp pad" for the Tie helmet. Think I'm close too... :)

Can wait to see more of your Tie......

Top notch work on the pill box Matti. I am in the search for the original make/model of the "stamp pad" for the Tie helmet. Think I'm close too... :)

Can wait to see more of your Tie......

Thanks Tom! :D

Sounds great with the original stamp pad. Do you have any advices on something close I can get?

There, the helmet is finished. Trim and lenses glued in.

front%202b.jpg

I have a belt and gun. Gloves i the mail, and armor, box and jumpsuit ordered. Its a little nervous about getting the right sizes. Ive also bought screen acurate vinyl cogs for the jumpsuit. Thanks Marcel. :)

I still need to fix boots and holster and some small stuff.

The warped eye edge started to reeeeally annoy me. It bugged me that I once got it the way I wanted it, and then messed up.

I decided it wouldnt do, as I would always see that detail. So I took the helmet apart and put the faceplate in the fridge for a couple of hours (wifes giving me funny looks, lol). I then popped the lense out and removed some of the glue in the faceplate (I had to put it back in the fridge a couple of times to remove all the glue needed).

I practised with my heatgun on some plastic left from the helmet trimming, getting the feel for how it reacted to the heat. when I felt comfortable with it, I heated the warped edge and used a gloved hand and a knife to get a nice bend and good surface.

It turned out alright, and Im very happy that i did it. Phew...

So after reassembling it, its finally done, and looks like I want.

klar1.jpg

klar2.jpg

klar3.jpg

Here are leather gloves Ive bought second hand. They fit me perfect. I have long hands and fingers, I can see these might be tight if you have really broad hand.

handske1.jpg

handske2.jpg

I have got the jumpsuit from costumebase, and its great! For the price I thought it was gonna have some problems, but none, its really nice, and Im very happy with it.

The cogs is the only bad thing with it, and I have already removed them, and will sew on the vinyl cogs instead.

jumpsuit.jpg

Made a commpad. I went for the quick and dirty look. I made it flat as the originals. Its really tricky to get the amount of wonkyness right. The originals looked like crap. :lol

nazcommpad2.jpg

Just got word from RA that my armor and box kit is on its way :D

Edit: Oh heres screen accurate cogs in vinyl. Awesome! Thanks Marcel. :D

cogz.jpg

Cheers

Edited by NAZGÛL

• 4 weeks later...