Reston Holiday Parade

tkrestonva

Today Garrison Tyranus represented at the annual Reston Holiday Parade, held at the Reston Town Center every year on Black Friday. This is the garrison's first year in the parade - and as expected we completely stole the show. :D

We were sponsored by ArtInsights, a local art gallery that specializes in animation and film art. This year they are celebrating the 30th anniversary of ESB with the rest of the fan community. Leslie, the gallery co-owner, also attended this year's C5. She even supplied us with a Leia (her intern) to arrest and march down the parade route - she was a great sport and a real sweetheart (both Leslie and her intern). :)

This is the first photo, taken at the parade staging area by a local photographer working for the Reston Patch, a web-based local news outlet.

5210566724_77a39f49f8_z.jpg

Three of the four TKs in the photo are GT's EIB crew, the fourth will be submitting in the coming weeks. From left to right:

Dan (Debater2nd) / FISD Communications Officer / HWT EIB / wearing an ATA lid

Brian (tkrestonva) / FISD Provost Marshal / ESB EIB / wearing a TM lid

Tom (tiepilot1138) / ANH EIB / wearing an MRCE lid

A.C. (NoVATie) / FISD Membership Officer / wearing a CAP lid

With the exception of my kit (which is an AM/TM/RT-Mod mashup), all the armor kits shown are FX.

More photos coming soon . . .

Haven't seen any videos, as this was a relatively small community-based parade versus a national event like Macy's in NYC. Still, I know there were people filming along the parade route, so I'll keep an eye out for any videos that turn up. :)

Outstanding work gents. That HWT is really growing on me, and Brian's ESB...wow, the RT chest/back really brings it to a whole new level.

Well done :salute:

Yes, the Tusken is Oscar. Good eye. ;)

Say hi from me next time you see him! I got to know him in the R2 builders club a few years back and he's become a good friend :)

• 2 weeks later...