new content link MIA

riveting

Perhaps it's the width of the browser window? I have that issue when I make the window smaller at work.

Thanks Paul I managed to work it out, was an issue with the right side "small box!"

But now I'm getting this.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fisd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_search.php on line 172

Sorry to be a pain but I miss the ease of surfing one of my favourite forums. :D

ps I'm on firefox if that makes a diff?

It's still there, but moved. It's just to the left of the RSS button.

Problem is, the text color is white - making it virtually invisible against the FISD background skin. However, if you start from the RSS button and mouse over in a straignt line heading left, you'll see it - barely. When the mouse is right over it, the text color changes to gray - which is only slightly more visible than the white text color. :huh:

FWIW, I'm using IE8 as my browser.

It looks to me like you're running your desktops with quite a low resolution. Try increasing it if possible. It should stop the wrapping of the navigation bar.

I agree that screen resolution could be the problem. Unfortunately I can't increase the resolution any further on one of my machines, as it's an HP Mini. On my large "entertainment" laptop with a much higher screen resolution, I get the "View New Content" link just fine.

And I agree with Steve - I definitely miss having a working "Today's Active Content" link.

All - the reason the menu gets lost is exactly what Brian, etc. say: it has to do with screen size/resolution and the fact that when either are low enough the text wraps and then you have white text on a white background. I'm running 1600x1220 on a 5 year old monitor and mine looks like this:

Untitled.jpg

I can even get the full display on my little netbook. What resolution are you guys looking at? Karin - you're only one menu away from seeing it.

Riveting - the today's active content link is broken when we upgraded the forum's software. Unless we load a whole new skin and mod it, the best we can do is try to find a php developer who can fix the skin. :(

fyi: my resolution is 1024x576. The most I can get from my little netbook.

Ditto. I tried going into Control Panel --> Display --> Settings and adjusting the resolution, but 1024x576 is the max it will allow. :(

Why not save the 'find new posts' link as a favourite in your browser?

Just click that rattler than fiddling resizing your windows etc?

I have all my geeky forums saved this way and just add them to my bar on the top

Done this for safari and IE8

John :)