New CRL's have been posted!

Daetrin

Check it guys!! http://501st.com/crl/

There are still some tweaks that will be made, but it's pretty exciting that FIVE out of SEVEN FISD CRL's are live. The Incinerator Trooper is in process and the IPM team is working to have it completed by end of month.

We still need a good Stormtrooper Commander model for the CRL - volunteers?

Paul,

Awesome job! Quick note that you guys may have already caught: The ANH Hero CRL has a couple of errors with regards to the helmet -- under helmet it actually says "The ANH Stunt", has a picture of the ANH Stunt, and references flat green lenses (but the correct three ear bumps and two screws). Same mistakes are present under Construction Notes for helmet.

-Chris

The thighs thumbnail still has the top and bottom lines :angry:

It needs to be replaced with this one

4720964090_b6661044af_o.jpg

Thanks guys! :D

Edited by TKDUEUNO

Check it guys!! http://501st.com/crl/

There are still some tweaks that will be made, but it's pretty exciting that FIVE out of SEVEN FISD CRL's are live. The Incinerator Trooper is in process and the IPM team is working to have it completed by end of month.

We still need a good Stormtrooper Commander model for the CRL - volunteers?

C'mon, 'fess up.

Who's head did you have to hold a gun against to get the Legion to finaly agree to them? ;)B)

Ahhh...that's when the CRL's were thought of a *requirements* lists. The new old new version is that they are visual references, meant to be but one tool of the GML's toolbox in evaluting costumes, and also serving as a visual guide for new members in terms of educating them of the costume parts, etc.

And once *that* clarification was made, all opposition to the CRL's became naught but a whisper...

And again - kudos to the FISD Imperial Propaganda Machine for doing such a great job. Only SLD is even close to FISD in terms of quality/completion, and we're in their debt.

Well, since it something like my "expertise", please correct the following

07. Hand Plates: Roughly pentagonal in shape, the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove. As an alternative to plastic, these may be made out of latex or latext-like material.

oh, and maybe we should get rid of the "hero" and "standard" thing. Both "hero" and "stunt" troopers wore both styles (Version 1 and version ").

And the rubber gloves should be textured at the finger tips. The current wording is a little confusing :)

Awesome job by the way :)

Edited by Sonnenschein

Ahhh...that's when the CRL's were thought of a *requirements* lists. The new old new version is that they are visual references, meant to be but one tool of the GML's toolbox in evaluting costumes, and also serving as a visual guide for new members in terms of educating them of the costume parts, etc.

And once *that* clarification was made, all opposition to the CRL's became naught but a whisper...

And again - kudos to the FISD Imperial Propaganda Machine for doing such a great job. Only SLD is even close to FISD in terms of quality/completion, and we're in their debt.

Ah! That explains a heck of a lot. :lol:

Thanks mate.

Actually we make no mention of Hero vs. Stunt handplates on the CRLs. We do use the second version for hero, but that's more to show variety than a specification.

Actually we make no mention of Hero vs. Stunt handplates on the CRLs. We do use the second version for hero, but that's more to show variety than a specification.

Especially politic since in some screenshots it looks as if Han and Luke were mixing and matching at times -- i.e. one of each!!

I would be willing to be the visual reference for the TKC CRL...but would want to get some better pics first

Yup. You can look at http://www.whitearmor.net/home/crlwip/140_Stormtrooper_ICN/index140.htm to see the types of shots and angles we need.

Just saw a typo: it says "AHN blaster" instead of "ANH blaster" in the last sentence of the CRL.

Also, there is an "e" missing for "08.":

08. Gloves: Black rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos. The fingers are enclosed, non-textured.

Good news, great work!

One thing I notice on the ESB Stunt CRL is that there is no mention of silk gloves. I think they should at least have the same status as rubber, if not maybe be considred more typical for ESB TKs.

Just a small suggestion.

Good news, great work!

One thing I notice on the ESB Stunt CRL is that there is no mention of silk gloves. I think they should at least have the same status as rubber, if not maybe be considred more typical for ESB TKs.

Just a small suggestion.

Under Construction notes, or in the section on gloves themselves? I ask in that the holes to sew the hand plates out is in the former, not with the item itself.

Under Construction notes, or in the section on gloves themselves? I ask in that the holes to sew the hand plates out is in the former, not with the item itself.

"08. Gloves: Black rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos. The fingers ar enclosed, non-textured."

I think it should at least be mentioned here in the general list of materials.

If there is solid evidence to suggest that that predominantly silk gloves were used for ESB then maybe a note in "23. Armor Details" would also be appropriate.

To be honest though, I cannot cite any concrete sources which state that this is the case. My information is at best second-hand, i.e. stuff I've picked up from these forums. I have to say I'm not really qualified to start dictating whether silk is more accurate than any other material.

Maybe somone with more direct references can chime in here.

Mark (firebladejedi) is as much an authority on the ESB TK as anyone else I can think of, for example.

I am not trying to be a nit picker, just trying to help out. I know everything that is new can have glitches in them. Here are some of the things that I found to be wrong in the 501st ROTJ CRL:

link to the 501st ROTJ CRL:http://501st.com/crl/TK_CRL/127_Stormtrooper_ROTJ/index127.php

01. Helmet: White fiberglass, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), or HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene). The ANH Stunt helmet is distinguished by the following details:

The gray "ear" bars have four bumps, with a black outline.

Some of the ROTJ lids had 3 bumps as well as 4 bumps on the ears.

Original ROTJ lids pic:

ROTJlids.jpg

The belt info is incorrect. On an ROTJ belt there are no square buttons. That is only for ANH and ESB. As you can see the photo is showing an ANH/ESB style belt with the 3 square buttons.

14. Belt: The belt consists of three parts:

Belt face is made of plastic (TK ammo belt). There should be three square buttons, one centered in the middle and one on each end.

Photo of the belt in the 501st ROTJ CRL:

127_14.jpg

The correct way for an ROTJ belt(without three square buttons):

ROTJbelt.jpg

The section about the ROTJ blaster (23. Blaster Details: A screen accurate BlasTech E-11 blaster should have the following) is confusing and is somewhat missing information.

There should not be any mention of a Hengstler, since that was only in ANH.

There is no mention of a D ring being on the mag side at the muzzle.

There should be no mention of T track because that was only in ANH and ESB. It should say U shaped channel or half circle channel, and there should be 7 total of those.

There is major overlapping of information from other versions of the E11. This needs to be more precise. :salute:

Yup, these are certainly copy/paste errors where the same text was used but not updated. To be honest, to date no one has really gone through them with that level of detail. Also realize the intent is not to capture every possible permutation, but the canonical representation with an eye for trooping. Thus you'll see nomex gloves as being OK as for 501st purposes they are, even though this was not the case in the films.

Keep them coming though - we'll compile at the end of the week and send them as a batch update.