Need help identifying

jfries

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190450203745&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Can anybody tell me anything about this suit. It looks a bit small for the wearer, but that aside I was concerned about the price and the limited item info. The price just seems too low for so little time left, so I'm a bit skeptical.

That looks very, very bad IMHO. Poorly strapped and worn, and you get a $hitty blaster with it. And why does he offer it as being "original", where our armor in general is clearly always a reproduction? He's trying to imply a prop, which is hilarious for an FX type armor...

Stay away from that, man. There is way better armor to be had than this.

That looks very, very bad IMHO. Poorly strapped and worn, and you get a $hitty blaster with it. And why does he offer it as being "original", where our armor in general is clearly always a reproduction? He's trying to imply a prop, which is hilarious for an FX type armor...

Stay away from that, man. There is way better armor to be had than this.

Could it be that it looks bad just because it's quite a bit too small for him? I weigh about 60lbs less and am an inch shorter, so I was wondering if with a little work if might look respectable on me.

It looks to be FX or AFX, or a recast of an FX or AFX... <_<

From the pic, it doesn't look like it has the drop boxes and the scope on the blaster looks totally wrong.

At this point it still has roughly six hours until the end of the auction and it is over $500+ S&H at this point. For that kind of money, you could get an ATA kit (which is more accurate)and you won't be putting money into something you will regret, by having to put money into replacing or modifying pre-existing stuff.

You said in your greetings from Japan: "I'm just working on a budget of about $700 including shipping costs right now". ATA is going to be well in your budget and have some coins left over. You can put those coins towards the right blaster, an unused undersuit, holster, boots, belt, etc. If you don't have all the money for everything, do like everyone else, buy a little as you go along.

You said when you introduced yourself that you wanted to learn the basic skills. I would suggest getting a new kit and not buying someones hand me downs, especially at a premium price.

Nathan (Runnriottt) said if you need help, just contact him. Since you are over on the Japanese Garrison's forum, there should be a lot of people there that will help you with your build. But if you are just wanting something to wear for Halloween, then go for it.

But if you are serious about having a nice TK suit and want ot be a part of the 501st, then I would say, stay away from Ebay when it comes to your armor needs, because you will only regret it.

:):salute:

Edited by RogueTrooper

It looks to be FX or AFX, or a recast of an FX or AFX... <_<

From the pic, it doesn't look like it has the drop boxes and the scope on the blaster looks totally wrong.

At this point it still has roughly six hours until the end of the auction and it is over $500+ S&H at this point. For that kind of money, you could get an ATA kit (which is more accurate)and you won't be putting money into something you will regret, by having to put money into replacing or modifying pre-existing stuff.

You said in your greetings from Japan: "I'm just working on a budget of about $700 including shipping costs right now". ATA is going to be well in your budget and have some coins left over. You can put those coins towards the right blaster, an unused undersuit, holster, boots, belt, etc. If you don't have all the money for everything, do like everyone else, buy a little as you go along.

You said when you introduced yourself that you wanted to learn the basic skills. I would suggest getting a new kit and not buying someones hand me downs, especially at a premium price.

Nathan (Runnriottt) said if you need help, just contact him. Since you are over on the Japanese Garrison's forum, there should be a lot of people there that will help you with your build. But if you are just wanting something to wear for Halloween, then go for it.

But if you are serious about having a nice TK suit and want ot be a part of the 501st, then I would say, stay away from Ebay when it comes to your armor needs, because you will only regret it.

:):salute:

Thanks for the advice. I'll hold for something better. All a learning experience I suppose.

I really appreciate the feedback, saves me from making poor decisions.

PS- Messaged Nathan, still hearing nothing from the Japanese Garrison. Does anybody know what's going on with them?

Thanks for the advice. I'll hold for something better. All a learning experience I suppose.

I really appreciate the feedback, saves me from making poor decisions.

PS- Messaged Nathan, still hearing nothing from the Japanese Garrison. Does anybody know what's going on with them?

Hey I just don't want to see you get something you will regret. :duim:

As for Nathan, Old Runnriottt is stationed over there. He maybe working on military time :lol: Just wait a few days, if you have not heard back from him, just shoot him another PM.

As for the Japanese Garrison, don't know :huh: Are you posting on their forum, and not getting a response???

Hey I just don't want to see you get something you will regret. :duim:

As for Nathan, Old Runnriottt is stationed over there. He maybe working on military time :lol: Just wait a few days, if you have not heard back from him, just shoot him another PM.

As for the Japanese Garrison, don't know :huh: Are you posting on their forum, and not getting a response???

I'm still waiting to be approved for membership. It's been quite some time now.

I'm still waiting to be approved for membership. It's been quite some time now.

If you are talking about the forum account. It usually can take up to 24 hours to get activated. If it has been over that period of time, then contact their forums' administrative staff,(via their email, not PM) and tell them when you registered and that you have not received a follow up email with your password. They should be able to get it straightened out for you...

I know what that is.

The guy who runs the stormtrooper shop used to sel Adult, mid sized and kids trooper kits.

Looks like this muppet has bought one designed for a small adult/teenage child and tried to make it fit his adult frame.

Just compare the helmets that come with both sets:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-wars-Stormtrooper-Armour-Kit-Halloween-fancy-dress-/280565682341?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41530490a5

The smaller sized ( mid and child ) are propotionally rather long and narrow as in your linked auction. I know as I had to trim 6" off of a kids set to fit my 5 year old.

That thing sold for $600 and had this in the description: ("This is the high quality Legion 501 ready outfit....") That's one expensive halloween costume!! TRICK OR TREAT!

That thing sold for $600 and had this in the description: ("This is the high quality Legion 501 ready outfit....") That's one expensive halloween costume!! TRICK OR TREAT!

Unfortunately it is more of a trick <_< :o

BTW, anybody want to buy some ocean front property in Kansas :lol: