undersuit

i didnt know exactly know which for forum to put this under, but what would be good for an under suit? what do you all suggest? and where can i find anything? I've noticed some stuff up on ebay, but i dont know what would be the best buy.

There's anything from ordering actual "UnderArmour" brand suits, to just going to Target or the like and getting something black and tight fitting.

The key things to look for are:

1. Make sure it's black.
  2. Make sure it's tight fitting.
  3. Make sure it's comfortable.
  4. Make sure it's tight fitting. (seriously, people get "saggy" undersuits and that don't look good at all!)

But it's totally your choice as to what to get! B)

I suggest this one. --------

Tight, two way zip, great sweat management, comfortable, cheap. ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Got mine from walmart.com but the compression pants are no longer avail, getting hard to find out of season. Very inexpensive though, although kind snags easily if you have sharp points in your armor.

here was my order,

Starter - Men's Basic Compression Pants; Color: Rich Black $8.00

Starter - Men's Long-Sleeve Performance Compression Tee $10.00

Keep in mind if you go with Under Armour, you may need to cover the logos on the shirt and pants.

Pretty much any under armor knock off brand has similar logos in the same exact spots. Trust me, I own 3 different types of shirts, and I've had to take a Sharpie to all of them. <_<

I lucked out and found black "BCG" brand compression shirt and pants with no logos at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Haha luckily on my cheapo Starter gear the silverish logos just fell right off.

Pretty much any under armor knock off brand has similar logos in the same exact spots. Trust me, I own 3 different types of shirts, and I've had to take a Sharpie to all of them. <_<

The two piece is fine, but I think you'll find a strapping system for the armor works better than velcroing the pieces directly to your suit. If you decide to velcro things to the suit, be sure that the soft velcro is what faces in towards your suit, the hook velcro can tear the undersuit.

• 1 month later...

I was at Sports Authority last night and was looking at the UA Compression/Heat Gear top and bottom and it doesn't look like a dark black; kind of a faded or dull black, is that what people have? Otherwise I'm thinking of getting a dive suit, which looks really black.

On 8/23/2010 at 2:27 AM, NoVATie said:

Mine looks black to me, even after repeated washings. I'd imagine what you saw would be fine, but it's up to you. I'm sure it will look black against the white armor anyway ;)

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure how black it has to be. I also saw this one on ebay and was wondering if anyone has it and how it is.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Here are some links for good undersuits:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

I was able to find a black, long-sleeved under armor knock off top yesterday at Target for $14. It works great and the logo won't show. However, the pants were a no-go. They had double gray lines running lengthwise down each leg.

For those who have bought two piece suits like this, what brand of pants did you end up with? I can't seem to find an all-black pair that will work.

On 8/30/2010 at 2:32 AM, Jorran said:

I was able to find a black, long-sleeved under armor knock off top yesterday at Target for $14. It works great and the logo won't show. However, the pants were a no-go. They had double gray lines running lengthwise down each leg.

For those who have bought two piece suits like this, what brand of pants did you end up with? I can't seem to find an all-black pair that will work.

Try some Sporting Goods Store for fitted gear...

Like this:

------------

And to cover up any small logos, just go to Michaels or any art/craft shop and buy Black Fabric Paint. Fabric paint will stand up to washing and drying.

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 8/23/2010 at 2:48 AM, JimCem99 said:

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure how black it has to be. I also saw this one on ebay and was wondering if anyone has it and how it is.

------

I'd suggest - if you like that suit go to their home website-------

Edited by gmrhodes13