Just some info for you all

So I recently ordered some items from:

http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/

I have heard a lot of talk about how they are a little pricey compared to other vendors with the same item, but I just had a very positive experience with Wayne Bower from the website concerning an order I just made. I only ordered some gloves and without me even having to ask him, he threw in a couple extra pairs for FREE because of the high shipping costs between the UK and USA. I can't speak for everyone, but I was pretty impressed.

I just thought this positive light could be shared with you all concerning the operations of this particular website, that is all!

So I recently ordered some items from:

http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/

I have heard a lot of talk about how they are a little pricey compared to other vendors with the same item, but I just had a very positive experience with Wayne Bower from the website concerning an order I just made. I only ordered some gloves and without me even having to ask him, he threw in a couple extra pairs for FREE because of the high shipping costs between the UK and USA. I can't speak for everyone, but I was pretty impressed.

I just thought this positive light could be shared with you all concerning the operations of this particular website, that is all!

Not only pricey but recasters.

And breechers of copyright.

Oh, and the armour the produce is of extremely low quality.

That said, glad you had a goodd experience with them.

Website does not work for me, it seems to be down. It's a little bold in this hobby to choose such a domain name, huh? Copyright infringement and all...not too clever, methinks.

On 7/11/2010 at 5:52 PM, ObiHahn said:

Website does not work for me, it seems to be down. It's a little bold in this hobby to choose such a domain name, huh? Copyright infringement and all...not too clever, methinks.

Working now...sadly.

---------

On 7/9/2010 at 2:37 AM, carbonitekid said:

Give you an example of how $h1t� it is:

When our XO of a few years back gave my mate's kit a once over before his first troop he let him wear it but immedeatly cornered me and told me it was one, if not THE worst quality of FX recast he had ever seen and urged me to encourage him to upgrade it soonest.

Remembering that the UKG is the worlds biggest garrison that means he has seen a helluva lot of kits in his time .

Avoid.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/39,stormtrooper_helmets.html SDS recast. Love the way he says " made from the original molds".

Funny indeed. Seeing it's a cheap knockoff of a SDS battlespec... it's hard to get much further away from the "original moulds", but hey, some people seem to buy it!

Funny indeed. Seeing it's a cheap knockoff of a SDS battlespec... it's hard to get much further away from the "original moulds", but hey, some people seem to buy it!

Agreed. Thats why I speak out against such crud to try and help prevent others from making the same mistakes. B)

Just to add to what's already been said, there also seems to be a link between this online store and Jedi Robe (http://www.jedi-robe.com/) in London. They use the exact same photos to advertise what presumably is the same armour. Possibly the same business.

Anyway, take it from someone who nearly fell for it himself before luckily doing some homework: avoid both at all costs!

Just to add to what's already been said, there also seems to be a link between this online store and Jedi Robe (http://www.jedi-robe.com/) in London. They use the exact same photos to advertise what presumably is the same armour. Possibly the same business.

Anyway, take it from someone who nearly fell for it himself before luckily doing some homework: avoid both at all costs!

They are also connected ( ie one and the same ) with ebay sellers chimerasales and stormtroopershop

They are linked. Jedi-Robe was an online costuming store.

They now have a 'shop' in West London, 20 minutes from where I live. Wayne is a helpful guy, but he ramps up his stuff and gives an impression of quality. He is a good sales man, so for people just starting out

he really plays on the UKG stating he has dressed many of them and they wear his armour!! I looked at an E-11 they sell and it was awful. He also had a Boba ammo belt which was very low quality.

I popped into the shop a few weeks back and he said he had started a new site which is stormtrooper-costumes.com.

I have read on a few different threads about the lack of quality coming out of his sales.

On 7/11/2010 at 6:22 PM, carbonitekid said:

Working now...sadly.

----------

Tell us how you really feel, Matt ;-) LOL

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

I think websites like this should have comments sections like youtube.

then we could put nasty comments on their website.

this website goes on the "don't do it"

list of low quality armors!

So... they proudly outfit people around the world and use the 501st name frequently, yet they sell 2 types of boots, neither of which would even be 501st approved? :unsure:

I'd also like to know what "501st original replica" means.

Well, sorry for even opening my mouth I guess. Back to building my armor...

I disagree - it's good you posted this. Even though he's not held in esteem by many, the fact that you got your order done very well is still a good thing to know.