Rick330's dual TrooperMaster TM build[*TM]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope these are of use to you. I don't claim particularly to know what I'm doign by the way! :lol:

DSCF9654.jpg

This one shows what I need.

Just seams that I already have about as much trimmed away as you do. Mine are still too big. But I guess the finishing strip will cover any weird looking curvature.

I think the work on my biceps and forearms really paid off.

I've got pretty close to the look I wanted. This is what my full ESB outfit is now looking like ...

esb011.jpg

esb015.jpg

esb016.jpg

esb036.jpg

I also found a temporary solution for my drop boxes and put my ANH outfit together. I'll save most of the photos for the EIB threads but here's a quick peek ...

anh036.jpg

anh032.jpg

This one shows what I need.

Just seams that I already have about as much trimmed away as you do. Mine are still too big. But I guess the finishing strip will cover any weird looking curvature.

If you want to make your thigh armour narrower, undo the back joining strip and tighten them up. Don't try to line the top of the inner with the outer piece as this will make them too wide for you. Most of the ANH thighs are mis-aligned at the backs and you just need to cut your joining strip at an angle to suit.

Looking pretty amazing there Rich!

Rich

You're as mad as a box of squirrels mate :blink:

....but BOY!, through madness shines GENIUS! B)

Un-frigging-bee-leeeevable work mate, I love that you're pushing and pushing to get your armour

right for YOU, regardless of what it takes B)

Brilliant mate, I salute you :salute:

:)

If you want to make your thigh armour narrower, undo the back joining strip and tighten them up. Don't try to line the top of the inner with the outer piece as this will make them too wide for you. Most of the ANH thighs are mis-aligned at the backs and you just need to cut your joining strip at an angle to suit.

Do you have any pics of that because that is what I am having issues with at the moment. Is it ok to have a angled joining strip at the back and still get EIB?

My thigh muscles are largish but I still want a tapered look to the knee. Basically it ended up like a 'V' at the back with a 25mm gap at the top and an overlap at the bottom. Not sure if I should trim the excees at the knee to get a but join or leave a small overlap to glue and then put a wide cover strip on at the back.

Sorry to jump in with this on your thread Rich...you suit looks FANTASTIC only hope that mine comes out half as good.

Thanks! I'll do that! :D

Good thing you ships so much extra abs for strips that I'll be able to redo it - even several times in case of screw up!

Although it really isn't that hard of a build. I really don't understand how so many are afraid of butt joining pieces considering all the how-to:s we have here. I've built my kit in my bedroom.

Edited by Locitus

Rich

You're as mad as a box of squirrels mate :blink:

....but BOY!, through madness shines GENIUS! B)

Un-frigging-bee-leeeevable work mate, I love that you're pushing and pushing to get your armour

right for YOU, regardless of what it takes B)

Brilliant mate, I salute you :salute:

:)

Thanks, mate. Yeah, I'm a nutter but I just love building and tinkering. Always room for improvement. It won't be long before I'm bothering Paul for some 1mm armour. ;)

• 4 months later...

I've just re-read this entire thread for the... jeez... I don't know how many times.

I have my TM armor on order and will be referencing this (including the nice little tips — like not worrying about aligning the backs of the thighs — that TM gave himself) a LOT while I'm doing my ESB build!

Two quick questions about the ESB and your build... 1) the ESB shoulder bells still have the elastic strap that goes around the bicep, correct? 2) what method of strapping did you use for your thighs? it looked like loops... is that your own doing, or did you get it from somewhere? The thighs falling down, coming undone, on my TD have been a plague I only just recently solved... but I want to use the "standard strapping system" on my TM.

Great, great stuff... thank you! cool.gif

I've just re-read this entire thread for the... jeez... I don't know how many times.

I have my TM armor on order and will be referencing this (including the nice little tips — like not worrying about aligning the backs of the thighs — that TM gave himself) a LOT while I'm doing my ESB build!

You'll always learn a lot from my build threads because A. I'm a boring sod who documents every single step and B. I make so many mistakes along the way! :lol:

1) the ESB shoulder bells still have the elastic strap that goes around the bicep, correct?

Yes. It's the same set of armour for both versions and the bells are exactly the same with the same elastic.

2) what method of strapping did you use for your thighs? it looked like loops... is that your own doing, or did you get it from somewhere?

It is a loop of strong black elastic (about 1" in width) which is closed at one end by a female snap. There is a male snap at the top of the thigh armour, on the inside of the seam, to which it connects.

The elastic loops over a leather belt I wear over my undersuit.

The elastic you can see in the pictures has since been replaced with some more heavy duty stuff. It was a little too flimsy and had started to fray.

I learned the method from other people's builds on this forum.

One question though: are you building a 2mm or 1mm set of TM armour? If it's 1mm, why not talk to TM about getting a full original style strapping kit?

The thigh strapping is largely the same except the elastic loop is thicker, it is sewn closed and is glued into the armour.

If it's 2mm armour - with it being a lot heavier - I'd recommend a moe robust system with elastic and snaps.

Edited by Rick330

Hi Rich ,

I have now done the bicep mod on my 2mm TM i took about an inch out really notice the diferance now i must admit when i assembled the armour in the first place i think i alowed for to much room , so now i have done the biceps on to the thighs , just luv these mods and i have all your photos as refrance mate top shop stuff mate B)

Hi Rich ,

I have now done the bicep mod on my 2mm TM i took about an inch out really notice the diferance now i must admit when i assembled the armour in the first place i think i alowed for to much room , so now i have done the biceps on to the thighs , just luv these mods and i have all your photos as refrance mate top shop stuff mate B)

Cheers, mate.

Yeah, there's loads of allowance on the TM biceps. They look nicer trimmed down as far as you can get them though, with a nice little taper.

Hi Rich ,

Good job! Now post the pictures! :D

Have not botherd with photos for these mods Mathias , thats unlike me i here you say :) not when you and Rich already have it coverd ;)

No, I meant pics of the results! ;)

... I'm a boring sod who documents every single step...

Thank God for boring sods!! :P

One question though: are you building a 2mm or 1mm set of TM armour? If it's 1mm, why not talk to TM about getting a full original style strapping kit?

The thigh strapping is largely the same except the elastic loop is thicker, it is sewn closed and is glued into the armour.

If it's 2mm armour - with it being a lot heavier - I'd recommend a moe robust system with elastic and snaps.

I'm getting the 1.5 mm kit actually. So I asked for the "standard strapping" with it

After 3 sets of armor (the TM ESB will be my 4th) I figure it's about time I get a snap gun. B)

Edited by Bluey