AP AHN Hero helmet build[*AP]

(rrrrrhhh-I misspelled ANH in my topic title. Good thing I'm not in this year's spelling bee)

Its been a good week. Two new helmets arrived this week. First was my Clone Six Episode II Clonetrooper helmet and yesterday my AP 'seconds' helmet arrived.

The mic tip area is a little thin and discolored but I'm not even worried about that since it will hopefully be hidden behind the mic tips. Mic tips will be upgraded along with the neck trim.

I'm gonna follow TK4510's AP helmet build that he has posted here.

Since I'm a 'shorter' trooper I'll be going for the Luke AHN look with his helmet, making a Hero lid. I'm gonna test out the ABS paste method of 'melting' ABS shards with acetone. I'll be sure to test this on a scrap piece of plastic before applying it to my new helmet.

AP.jpg

AP2.jpg

AP4.jpg

AP3.jpg

Edited by DarkTrooper

I just built my new AP stunt lid in a single day!

mike's tutorials and this being my 4th build it went really fast!

just stopping by to show some AP props...

APNC61.jpg

AP next to C6 clonetrooper. Whoops! I said I was gonna make the AP into a Hero lid but got too carried away with cutting out teeth. Ah well, I wasn't sure how bubbled lenses would have worked with that infamous AP bump in the right eye.

• 2 weeks later...

APANHLID5.jpg

APANHLID4.jpg

The build has gone by smoothly. I was surprised how useful the "premade" holes for the face and cap/back actually lined up the pieces pretty well (almost). I did pick up some 'accurate' HOVI MICs that still need to be painted and fitted with screen.

You've put that together very nicely. I didn't have that much luck with the AP I built lining up. It needed lots of trimming and readjustment afterwards. But it's a nice helmet when it's all put together.

AP kits should be drilled exactly on the holes for a low brow effect.

to raise the brow simply create a vertical slot for the first drill point at the tip of the cheek.

and slide the cheeks down 3/8" and rotate the faceplate forward just a little.

I like AP kits... the ears fit almost perfectly. I've built one in a single day!

if anyone needed to "make adjustments" it's because they usually trim the

ears wrong, and drill the holes in the wrong places.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Looking good man! But it's appears more like a Stunt than a Hero to me. :huh:

Jess

:blink: Yeah I know I need to edit the topic title. I was planning on doing a hero but got carried away when I started cutting the frown. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to buy another helmet and finally do a Hero :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

He's another comparison shot. On the right is my AP ANH Stunt helmet. On the left is darthfoster's RT-Mod ANH Stunt. If anyone is familiar with the different models of RT-mod helmets please chime in and let darthfoster know which one he has.

CIMG1537.jpg