dashrazor's ata incinerator trooper build thread[*ATA]

i will reinforce the hot glue seam permanently ;) soon as i come up with a good way of doing it

could you just run a bead of some heavier glue (E6000, ABS Glue, etc.) along the seam from the backside? Maybe use some painters tape or something to keep it from running onto the outside?

i masked off the chest armor and just used some ripped pieces of paper to mask off the heavily damaged areas

DSC01514.jpg

then airbrushed with the same black/red mix

DSC01515.jpg

applied the door trim and glued it in place with plumbers goop (best glue ever IMO, besides super glue :D) tip: the trim may buckle when bent too much, a few drops of super glue will fix that...

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

finished chest armor

next i will door trim the rest of the armor

DSC01518.jpg

Edited by dashrazor

• 4 weeks later...

i am finally at the final stage of my build :D i just need to finish some painting and make a strapping system... i didnt know if anyone has tried this way of closing the shin backs but i gave it a try and it works great, i trooped a birthday party the other day and they held strong ;) (though i almost passed out from heat exhaustion)

DSC01594.jpgDSC01592.jpgDSC01593.jpg

i just used 2 finishing strips and they pop fit together. i was just going to put some white tape on the inside for added strength but it holds fine without it

once i get a neckseal and finish my flamethrower ill be good to submit for the 501st and the hopefully eib

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

got the last of the major parts painted and started on the snaps and velcro .. i recycled all the velcro from old blood pressure testers i got when i worked at a hospital ( i had a deal with the janitor ;)) it is super high quality stuff. i am hopefully going to finish masking and painting the red detail bits today :D

DSC01596.jpgDSC01595.jpgDSC01597.jpg

Just a perfect flamethrower dude !

I've almost finished my own incinerator and I wonder if you have more photos from your weapon or if you are planning to make some replicas of it ?

Your armor seems to be great too but I saw that you've two shoulder parts. I saw that the incinerator haven't got any shoulder part uner the pauldron ;)

Keep the pics comming ! I can't wait to see the next steps :D

steve

Just a perfect flamethrower dude !

I've almost finished my own incinerator and I wonder if you have more photos from your weapon or if you are planning to make some replicas of it ?

Your armor seems to be great too but I saw that you've two shoulder parts. I saw that the incinerator haven't got any shoulder part uner the pauldron ;)

Keep the pics comming ! I can't wait to see the next steps :D

steve

if you want a flamethrower just send me a pm ;) i can build one to suit your needs

Saw the thread in the GML area - you should be an easy pass for both 501st, and when that's accepted - EIB as well methinks :)

Super job :salute:

Some minor tweaks though for when you next suit up:

1. Fix chest/back strap on right

2. Add butt to cod strap to keep that "tail" from danging down

3. Drop boxes could be 1/8" higher

4. Ideally do a little scuffing

• 5 years later...