HOWTO: How to Video's on You Tube "FX Armor Kit"

Yes there will be a few more.

I recently enlisted in the California Army National Guard so that has been taking up a lot of my free time.

I ship out to Basic Combat Training at Fort Knox Kentucky very soon.

But I do hope to finish a few more before I go.

Dave

Whoa! Best of luck to you man. What MOS?

Whoa! Best of luck to you man. What MOS?

My MOS is 13 Bravo, Field Artillery.

I will be going to Fort Sill Oklahoma for 7 weeks training after 10 weeks of BCT.

I enlisted on the 7th Sep and I am leaving on the 17th.

Thanks

PFC Dave

• 4 months later...

Dave, I'm new here and just got my kit last Friday. I've been watching your videos and have them saved to my favorites. Let me just say that I really appreciate you taking the time to do those videos and helping us other noobs out. Not only do you have good info, but watching them is almost like having you right there, keeping me on the straight path. So, a huge well done to you.

Congrats on your enlistment and take care of yourself. I was in the Army, long ago, so I appreciate all the men and women in uniform. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes I am back!

I finished training in late Jan, but I have been very busy since I have been back.

Very busy:

I had surgery 3 weeks ago for a injury I got in basic, I am well on the way to recovery now. :mellow:

My daughter was born 2 weeks ago. Addison Kate 7lb 11oz. She is also doing very well. :D

I also went back to school full-time last week... :rolleyes:

I still do the freelance thing too. ;)

But it is great to be back and I will be at the Wizard Con in LA this weekend trooping for the 501st.

Thanks for the post and your support....Hooah! :salute:

TK-6044 (Dave)

:trooper:

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so what's better the British Military, or American? :D

Now back on topic.

I don't have any armor just yet, but I loved the videos because it was nice to see somebody putting them together for the first time having to deal with all of the problems that occur. I know when I get the armor in I will definitely be resourcing these as much as possible to help solve the many problems that are surely to come.

ryan... i just got my armor not too long ago and these videos are a god send... they help in ways i wouldnt have thought...

Dave.... congrats on your baby... and thanks a million for these videos... they are getting me through the build... i watch the video with peices in hand doing a dry fit while im watching you... then i go out to the garage and put them together... i cant say thanks enough...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

TK-6044 i have been inspired i am also a newb and have been trolling youtube for video tutorials for a long time, yours are grate but the armor that i am making is a dut together construction so i will do a video diary of the making like you did to help out others with the different construction

thanks for the inspiration (grate gob by the way )

Dave - Thank you for these videos. They are very informative and very well done! I'm just starting an AM build and using these videos to get me going. You have answered many questions that I didn't even know I had before watching the videos.

I see you're in So Cal Garrisson. Are you in the San Diego Squad?