HOWTO: How to Video's on You Tube "FX Armor Kit"

After much research on the internet I got hold of my own FX Armor Kit.

I thought it might help other out there if I made a Video Diary of me and my Son putting the FX Kit together.

I wanted to give some practical advice and show in some detail how to put a FX kit together using information that I found from the internet , some of the instructions that came with the kit and my own thoughts.

I hope this is helpfull to newbies like myself, if not amusing to those that have been doing this alot longer than I have.

So far we have done 6 of the 12 Episodes shows, The Sleeve's, The Biceps & The Shin pieces etc. (See links at bottom of page)

Please leave me your positive input and ideas that you might have for up coming shows, if your input is good I will give you credit for it and much thanks, please see list below:

Episode 4 The Thighs

Episode 6 The Belt

Episode 7 The Chest & Back

Episode 8 The 02 Tank

Episode 9 The Webbing

Episode 10 The Helmet PT 1 PT 2 PT3

Episode 12 The Stuff we missed...

Here are the links to the Shows we have already done.

Dave's Garage Introduction

The Sleeve PT1 & PT2

The Biceps

The Shins PT1 & PT2

The Main Torso PT1 & PT2

Your Weapon of Choice

TK-6044 :trooper:

Thats awsome. It'll be a great help the the new guys as it has many of the tips and tricks that work all in one spot.

Keep up the good work.

Hey SuperTrooper

Thx for the postive comment my Son and I really appreciate it.

As I am sure you are aware that building your Armor is really a trial of character.

To all that have lead the way I bow before you with "Great Respect"... (Bows)

Thx

TK-6044

Hey,

Ive been wanting armour for ages but the thought of putting it together was quite daunting but watchig your videos is great way of seeing how it is done! Makes me feel like i will be gettin my armour sooner now rather than later!

Btw it was a little confusing at first as i knew u were a fellow brit but you seemed set in a US background referencing US stores.. way to get past the import tax! Just live in the US.. hehe

Hey,

Ive been wanting armour for ages but the thought of putting it together was quite daunting but watchig your videos is great way of seeing how it is done! Makes me feel like i will be gettin my armour sooner now rather than later!

Btw it was a little confusing at first as i knew u were a fellow brit but you seemed set in a US background referencing US stores.. way to get past the import tax! Just live in the US.. hehe

Hey AndyBopH

Thx for the positive comment.

I had seen as most Star Wars fans have seen at times members of the 501st in the Media, I had always thought that was beyond my reach until I found the 501st website and learned that these were ordinary individuals coming together as a group had found away to do something extraordinary.

I had always thought the Armor would have been very expensive and beyond my budget, it was expensive but workable into a budget.

Then the task of putting the Armor together seemed very daunting, but the other website dedicated to helping people put this Armor together gave me inspiration hope.

Its no small task find, buying, making & walking this path but the rewards have already out weighed all smaller struggles.

I think one of the biggest struggles is explaining to your family what you are doing and why. I will never forget my wifes face and my son excitement, kids get what we are doing and are alot more excepting then are other adults. I think that is why giving your time and efforts to helping Charities and especially Childrens Charities is such a win win situation.

Oh yes I do live here as a way not to pay import tax just ask my wife she will tell you thats true. Lol

See you on the Darkside of the Force!

TK-6044

Just finished ep1. I did my sleeves the same way, but I wish I would of thought of the tape. That's a real good tip. Thanks for posting. Keep up the good work.

Excellent news! The sleeve is the first step along a greater journey.

The tape has saved my butt a few times.

Good luck with the rest of your Armor!

TK-6044

• 3 weeks later...

Dave, this video series is amazing, I would have a heck of a time putting my new set of armor together if not for them. I really appreciate the help, and I'll keep you updated on the process! Thanks!

Dave, this video series is amazing, I would have a heck of a time putting my new set of armor together if not for them. I really appreciate the help, and I'll keep you updated on the process! Thanks!

Your welcome Mr Vader!

Putting the FX kit together was a trip of Discovery for me too. Things that I thought would work didn't and vice a versa.

Please keep me updated with your process and Good luck.

If you need any help or if I missed anything in the video Diary just let me know.

Thanks again

Dave TK-6044

Dave when are the rest of the videos coming out?

Hey Velcro

All of the videos are done but the Helmet which is Episode 10. Episode 12 covers some of the things I didn't cover.

Click on link below and you can see the 20 videos I have done.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=glastondebury

Thanks again

Dave

Pictuer of recently finished armor.

post-739-1183072081_thumb.jpg

I really want to see episode 11 and 12

Episode 11 has been done: :)

Episode 12 is in the works... I am busy at the moment trying to finish "The Helmet" Episode's... The bucket is driving me more than a little nuts... <_<

Thanks for watching

Dave

TK-6044

Thank you for pinning my topic its a great honor.

Thanks to all the "FISD" Members for your support & suggestions in this project.

If you click on the link below you can see the 24 video's in my "White Armor Diary".

There are only a few more video's to be made as the project is almost finished...

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=glastondebury

Thank again

Dave TK-6044

:salute:

• 2 months later...
Dave, Just out of interest is there going to be any more on the ol video front???????

:P

ps hope the missus anf family are well

cheers

Yes there will be a few more.

I recently enlisted in the California Army National Guard so that has been taking up a lot of my free time.

I ship out to Basic Combat Training at Fort Knox Kentucky very soon.

But I do hope to finish a few more before I go.

Dave

Wow, thats huge man! Be safe and we look forward to your next vids :)

cheers!

Thanks Huttman.

I won't be back till next year because of training.

So have fun guys

Thanks

Dave

Long Live the Empire!

:peace: