Vintage SW documentary

pandatrooper

I actually have an old copy of that SW documentary. I remember when it first came on tv. We had no VCR back then and I put my cassette recorder next to the tv speaker and recorded just the audio. Must have listened to it a thousand times. About 1988 I found a VHS copy in a Blockbuster. I borrowed a friends VCR and hooked it up to mine and dubbed it off. A few years ago I transferred it to DVD. Quality ain't that great but I still watch it every now and then. Brings back lots of memories.

Edited by Laspector

I really wish LFL would take things like this and the one that came with the 3 VHS set (from star wars to jedi: the making of a Saga) as well as the videos on the SW website, and put them on DVD / Blue ray

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Jedi-Making-Saga/dp/6303065791

This is awesome!!! in Youtube in 5 parts

I notice in this video that someone is twisting some wires or something around the ankle of this TK (possibly to hold the shin together?) at 5:57 into the vid.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, if you note at the start of SW, the boarding Trooper party had the back of the shin plates free float. I do think that the wire is to help keep the plates DOWN as the actors run in TK gear. But others may know better.

I actually have an old copy of that SW documentary. I remember when it first came on tv. We had no VCR back then and I put my cassette recorder next to the tv speaker and recorded just the audio. Must have listened to it a thousand times. About 1988 I found a VHS copy in a Blockbuster. I borrowed a friends VCR and hooked it up to mine and dubbed it off. A few years ago I transferred it to DVD. Quality ain't that great but I still watch it every now and then. Brings back lots of memories.

Well, take some of the main info like title and who made it ect. and other info, and look it up online, see if they have it on DVD now?

Pandatrooper,

Thanks for posting that! I enjoyed it! I get a kick out of seeing all the old behind the scenes footage!

It would be nice if all the old documentaries and specials were easier to come by!

I have this on VHS

It was free from Kellogs.

You mailed in some boxtops or something and they sent it to you.

Mine is Copyrighted 1995.

95makingofstarwars006.jpg

95makingofstarwars005.jpg

I did the same thing back then.. So I have a VHS of that too. I also got the Making of the Saga on VHS it covers ANH, ESB & ROTJ.

Kevin W.

I have that same VHS tape. It was a free give away from Kellogs Cereal. It also came in DVD form, but I've never found anyone who actually has it on DVD. I"ve searched Ebay for it for a few years now & never seen one. The other day I was lucky enough to find a "But It Now" DVD version from Australia. I was so stoked when it came, but what was even better was it had all 3 of the makings! The Making of Star Wars, SPFX-The Empire Strikes Back & Classic Creatures-Return of the Jedi. It has some trailors & interviews with Lucas, Ben Burt, & a few others that I have never seen before.

With shipping I think I paid under $16. TOTALLY WORTH IT TO ME :dancing-trooper:

Edited by Chunk

Wow, I have been hunting for that Classic creatures one for years. Is that the one where Ackbar is singing "I'm so ugly"? I haven't seen that one since it was on tv in, what, 1983,84?

Yes that is the Return of the Jedi special. I thought I was buying just the Making of Star Wars DVD. I was so happy to find it after looking for so many years. I hit "Buy It Now" & checked the mail everyday to see if it arived. I had the flu real bad & was watching Tv in bed. Plus thats where I have my surround sound & flatscreen & my wife said I got something in the mail. The DVD had come. I quickly tore open the envelope & pulled out two DVDs :blink: I didn't relize that I also got a copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special too. I tore open my making of & thats when I noticed it has all three versions of the makings I watched them all right then & there. It was a good day to be sick :dancing-trooper:

im working on a compilation AVI file :D

it will include

(1985) From Star Wars to Jedi - The Making of a Saga

(1980) SP FX - Special Effects - The Empire Strikes Back

(1977) The Making of Star Wars ...as told by C-3PO and R2-D2

(1983) Classic Creatures - Return of the Jedi

if i can find more i will add them also.

this will probably take some time but if i can find a free hosting site that allows bigger files it may be available for direct download sooner

i got all the movie files uploading now, the quality is really good as the source is from laser disk, the only drawback is that they are Japanese laser disk and have subtitles, but otherwise the quality is much better than VHS and you wont have to worry about wearing out those old tapes :D

i got all the movie files uploading now, the quality is really good as the source is from laser disk, the only drawback is that they are Japanese laser disk and have subtitles, but otherwise the quality is much better than VHS and you wont have to worry about wearing out those old tapes :D

YOU ROCK!! :dance: Can't wait to see!

the only problem im having is free web hosting only allows small file uploads :(

i have to compress the files and chop them up into four parts.. i need about 1gb of server space to share the raw files. so this will take a few hours of work