New from the master

Some Troopers say it stops the glare inside the helmet. It helps their eyes to focus better because the lenses are now the only light.

What does the black inner liner do? I've seen some people paint it black, others leave it white - there must be some reasons, or people wouldn't go through the effort of doing it :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two thumbs up :duim: :duim: Stephen! Emperor Palpatine would be pleased with your build...

star-wars-smiley-6446.gif "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design." smiley-vault-star-wars-022.gif

Beautiful helmet Stephen, if you like to go for the screen used ANH Dave M helmet.

Leave the 15 stripes on the helmets right side, and add two more strips on the left.

So you got 16 stripes there ;)

The suit looks freaking nice, i´m a happy owner on one too as a TD.

I have in mind to get a TK TM this year too.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Troopers been busy at work so have not had chance to post more pic of my TM build i have done all the arms plus the thighs now doing the shins, pics to follow.

Looking good there Stephen.... you've done a great job in the trimming department and I hazzard to guess not a dremel in sight? :)

Like the idea of using two snaps on the cod piece...

Steve on the elastic, use a naked flame and seal the edges, this way, the elastic will to fray...

BTW, what glue are you using to weld the plastic ABS snap holders to the armour?

Edited by james007bond

I also advise you put an extra strip of snap/elastic/velcro on the bottom inside edge of the non riveted side of the ab/kidney plate (right hand side). It seems you only have it at the top, otherwise when you put the ab on, the bottom part may flare apart. Mind you, with the belt on, the tension will more than likely hold the two halfs together anyway...

Sterling effort so far..... love the return edges on TM.. :)

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for your comments i have done some mods on the body armour i now have alastic goining all the down the inside of the right side of the abb and kidney i will post some pics of this soon, plus i like the idea of the flame to sort out the frayed on the elastic.

Ok Troopers heres some pics of the TM forarms , biceps , shoulder bells and chest with the shoulder straps glued on.DSCF1122.jpgDSCF1123.jpgDSCF1124.jpgDSCF1125.jpgDSCF1126.jpgDSCF1128.jpgDSCF1129.jpgDSCF1130.jpgDSCF1139.jpgDSCF1145.jpgDSCF1148.jpgDSCF1146.jpgDSCF1147.jpgDSCF1149.jpgDSCF1151.jpgDSCF1152.jpgDSCF1153.jpgDSCF1156.jpgDSCF1157.jpg

Top of the shop mate!very nice,very clean,very Precise build.next strapping time ;)

Thanks Pete i am totaly enjoying this build Pauls armour is a gem to work with i will continue to post pics as i go on.

Steve

Beautifully taken pics, you've captured the important angles well and allowing us to see the true beauty of those curves.. lol

Anyway,back on topic... what glues have you used on Paul's armour? I'm looking at the finishing strips and have noticed that they are glued so flush, there seems to be no glue overspill at all... I'm impressed bruv.

I tend to find if I use E6000, it lays on too think and oozes out when pressure applied. Plasweld I find to watery to work with...

Another Q, where did you buy those rare earth magnets from...I could do with a few myself.. lol

BTW, do yo think this will be done in time for MEM?

Edited by james007bond

Steve

Beautifully taken pics, you've captured the important angles well and allowing us to see the true beauty of those curves.. lol

Anyway,back on topic... what glues have you used on Paul's armour? I'm looking at the finishing strips and have noticed that they are glued so flush, there seems to be no glue overspill at all... I'm impressed bruv.

I tend to find if I use E6000, it lays on too think and oozes out when pressure applied. Plasweld I find to watery to work with...

Another Q, where did you buy those rare earth magnets from...I could do with a few myself.. lol

BTW, do yo think this will be done in time for MEM?

Hi Shiv,Thanks for your comments man i to use e6000 glue but i only run 3mm wide bead down the center of the armour to be fixed on both the armour and the back of the strips and i also have run a strip inside the armour so when i use my earth magnets which i got from ebay easy to purchess mine are 20mm in diamiter and 4mm thick plenty strong enough ,so then i use them on the outside and the inside clamping the strips to the armour so i have a nice flush finish . and i find with useing a small bead of the glue its enough not to have have any spligess from the sides and boy that glue is so strong. i did use abs weld for the shoulder straps to the upper chest but i was very carefull not to get much on the chest armour and what i did have on there i removed with novas polish , i think the abs weld is great to get the invisable join as Peter mentions in his TM build. Unfortantly i wont have this finished for MEM but defently next time, would like to troop with you one day Shiv.

Regards

Steve

• 1 month later...

Ok Troopers here are some pics of my TM Armour build the pics that iam showing are test fit pics still need to do some tweeks here and there, once iam happy i will get a pro photgrapher to do the completed armour,oh yes and i am planning to go ANH STUNT EIB.

DSCF1389.jpg

DSCF1392-1.jpgDSCF1387-1.jpg

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

DSCF1760-2.jpg