Resin E-11 ANH/ Blaster

LJJNL

Hi,

I've been browsing for a (build or semi-build kit) E-11 ANH Blaster for the past 2 days but I can't seem to find anything other then this eBay item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170446957554

The seller is predalien64.

Is this a blaster that would look good on a display? Or should I keep looking?

Thanks!

PS: I know I should build one from scratch rather then buying one, but I'll be starting my first armor kit soon, so I figured I'll save some time on a complete blaster ;)

I'm not thrilled about the paint scheme (I don't like the bronze undercoat for the body), but other than that it looks ok to me. I paid about that for a resin cast I have. I would ask whether he shipps weathered or not. Not sure about the seller, but people on eBay with that kind of feedback are usually ok. Not sure about the casting of the parts...it looks pretty similiar to the doopy-doos add-on kit. All in all, resin is ok, but they tend to be both heavy and fragile...not the greatest choice for trooping. I know there are people on here who can either do a better, more accurate and functional one, or who can at least point you to a within the FISD choice. Good luck!

I have bought stuff from him in the past. I would buy from him again too because I have had no complaints so far. He does quite a bit of resin casting and I have never noticed any recaster dead give aways.

I'm not thrilled about the paint scheme (I don't like the bronze undercoat for the body), but other than that it looks ok to me. I paid about that for a resin cast I have. I would ask whether he shipps weathered or not. Not sure about the seller, but people on eBay with that kind of feedback are usually ok. Not sure about the casting of the parts...it looks pretty similiar to the doopy-doos add-on kit. All in all, resin is ok, but they tend to be both heavy and fragile...not the greatest choice for trooping. I know there are people on here who can either do a better, more accurate and functional one, or who can at least point you to a within the FISD choice. Good luck!

He ships the blaster in black. So I can weather it myself :) I did see some threads about people who build blasters but I don't think anyone is currently making them.

I have bought stuff from him in the past. I would buy from him again too because I have had no complaints so far. He does quite a bit of resin casting and I have never noticed any recaster dead give aways.

Great, thanks for the info guys!

• 1 month later...

So would this be considered equal quality to a hyperfirm? I'm looking to upgrade from my Hasbro Doopydoo conversion. I'd like to take it out for troops too.

I know it's an ebay rule, but would he ship without painting the tip orange?

Since the two blasters are made from different materials, it's tough to say if they are of equal quality.

This E-11, IMO, might have some better detailing. But seeing that it's a resin cast, it will definitely be heavier and more fragile than a Hyperfirm E-11. I have an ANH E-11 Hyperfirm that I troop with, and I also have an ROTJ resin-cast E-11 that sits on a display case at home. I would never consider trooping the resin one because of its weight as it drags the holster down pretty badly. The only one that would be worse is that ~20 pound MR model..yowza. Resin can also be prone to cracking, snapping, etc.

I give out my Hyperfirm all the time and never have to worry about someone breaking it. For two years' worth of troops it's been dropped, bounced, kicked, played tug-of-war with, and all I've ever had to do was glue the Hengstler counter back on (as it was cast as a separate piece and glued on anyway).

Not saying that one is of greater/lesser quality than the other. I just think about what I want out of a trooping blaster and let that dictate my choice.

So what's the hyperfirm made out of?

Lewis sent me an email earlier about the hyperfirms. They're going for $250 which includes shipping. Is the difference between resin and rubber? worth the additional $125?

Sounds like it might.

The resin one will break if you drop it, and comes in usually a white color, needs to be assembled and painted.

The stuff Lewis does is a high density rubber, will bounce when dropped, and looks great right out of the package.

I do not own a HF, but have seen several and have always been impressed!!

I guess you can look at it this way, too: if you go for a Hyperfirm, it will likely be the last blaster you'll ever need. I receive compliments all the time on mine, and people can't believe its a rubber blaster, even when holding it.

I also ordered a blaster from him yesterday.

Till yet i only can tell postive things.

Very good contact over email, always fast reply of my answers, always friendly and patient.

If you have any speacial wishes, he will do it.

He sell 501st members the blaster as kit and unpainted ,too.

I told him that i want a AnH stunt blaster with unmounted scoperail without hengstler,cylinders and scope.

He make me a cheaper price 'cause of the not needed parts.

Because of the used parts, i ask which origin the blaster has.

It look to me after an MR AnH stunt copy , but he told me,Quote: We pieced together various parts to get it as close as possible without copying the Masters

If the blaster arrives me, i let you know how the kit is in shape, and make pic's of it.

Edited by Turrican

I got the blaster from eBay seller predalien64. I asked him to send it in parts & unpainted.

Some parts needed some more trimming (the trigger) so I had to do that myself (hence the crappy job ;)) I've attached the front & rear sight, magazine.

Here are pictures of the blaster & parts (of course: build in progress):

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

The scope rail was kinda messed-up, I'll be getting a metal replacement.

IMG_1968.JPG

Edited by LJJNL

Yep, after looking the pic's, i think also.

Except the muzzle brake and the magazin part looks like from a other source,but the main body is definitive a copy of an MR.

So i would say, this declaration i got from him is not 100 % true.

We pieced together various parts to get it as close as possible without copying the Masters.

I will know it for shure , if the kit arrives me.

Edited by Turrican

In the above pics, the magazine and holding shaft look straight instead of curved. I've never seen that on any real Sterling pics or pics of known replicas... strange!

Or is it just the angle of the pictures?

In the above pics, the magazine and holding shaft look straight instead of curved. I've never seen that on any real Sterling pics or pics of known replicas... strange!

Or is it just the angle of the pictures?

No, you are right, the mag+holder are not curved, I guess they custom made it..

(it doesn't bother me _yet_ ;))

I'll have to agree on resin vs. Hyperfirm. With the except of the SE-14R I have, every single resin weapon I've owned has broken and chipped and god forbid you ever drop it. Hyperfirm as noted is not as well detailed but I've dropped each one I had not never worried about them at all, nor have I worried about dumping it in a bin.

There are some really good 'how to pimp a hyperfirm' threads out there now. Also, they do go on sale. Last batch of ESB hyperfirms went for $225 shipped & painted.

• 3 weeks later...

it looks like the clip section is not at the correct angle on this cast. it's supposed to come out at an angle.

the hengstler looks really bad. and it's not the correct kind.

the front sight detail, and all the other details look like a Master Replica's casting.

you did a nice job on the trigger, don't put yourself down.

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh* OK!

I ordered one of these. It took forever to arrive, because the post office was concerned that it was a "real" gun. Anyhow, when I finally got it... the 1st thing I noticed was how sticky it was (The spray paint they used stuck to my hands). The next thing I noticed was it was missing the parts that sit on the Amo clip (they were never attached). Third, the scope rail was glued on backwards, and since it didn't fit that way... They decided to glue it to the top T track on the barrel, cutting a groove out of the scope rail to get it to sit on there. Since they also had done that the T track had begun to crack.

I will say, in all it's not a bad looking prop (it would look better if assemble correctly). But I would strongly suggest that you request it in pieces, and unpainted. You won't be happy with it otherwise.

Cause of this , i orderd a unbuild unpainted kit.

Also recognized on the pic's in there offer ,that they mount the scoperail wrong. :rolleyes:

Because of the parts on the ammo clip.

Do you mean the magazin release button?

Wait now since 4 weeks for my kit, (ok the last week is cause of this nice Vulcano in Island.)

Hope it will arrive soon.