Armor Transport

Ok Troopers,

I have been reading the you know whats out of this site. I have yet to find anyone describe the type of bag, tote, luggage, etc that one would use to take their armor and other trooping needs to an event.

Please post how you take all of your stuff to and from trooping events.

This future trooper would greatly appreciate it!

the best ive seen is one of these. they are around $50-60. Ill get one for my next set of armor.

-------

Stanley tools just released this one, I saw one at Lowes and if you want your armor on LOCKDOWN this is for you B)

-----

This is what I use. it works for me, but my helmet dosent fit in it with my armor.

------

If your gonna buy a tote get one with wheels

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Keep in mind those are too large if you ever want to fly with them as luggage. I sue this one for my TK as well as my snowy, and the only thing that will not fit is my bucket!!

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I use a hockey gear bag. Fits everything in it, including the lid.

A good way to save space.

1. Put your shins inside the thighs

2. put the thighs into the "torso from the bottom, until they touch the neck opening

3. put the lid (in a soft bag of your liking) and I put it inside the cod / butt area. This keeps it really protected.

I then stick this giant unit of parts in the bag, and put mar arms (disconnected from the torso, but shoulder / bicep / forearm and handplates as on complete section) on either side of the torso.

Then pack the other stuff around it like the boots, neck seal, belt and blaster, etc. I keep all my electronics like the voice amp / mic, spare batteries, in another bag. This keeps everything organized in sections, and if you're smart - pack them in the order you wear them. I pull the stuff out, put the thighs and shins on, then boots, then torso / belt, and work my way up. Works like a charm.

*ps: for more info, I think there was already another thread started with this topic, like "how do you haul your armor" or something like that

Scott M. said:
Keep in mind those are too large if you ever want to fly with them as luggage. I sue this one for my TK as well as my snowy, and the only thing that will not fit is my bucket!!

---------

I actually put all my costumes in these totes. And i fit my bucket in them also(except for Fett lol)

Its all in the way you pack it. . I assembled my TK armor so i can separate the back and chest armor so i can nest them in each other. so first i put the ab/cod with the butt/kidney nested in that, with the chest and back nested in that. then i put the thighs on top of that with the forearms in the shins and then the shin in the thigh, for both legs. that gets most of my armor on one side of the tote. I then put my bodysuit, gloves and neckseal in my bucket and twist it in sideways so one of the shin pieces is slightly in the bucket. then i just put the thermal det, boots, belt, shoulders/biceps along the spaces in between. i also manage to get my e-11 in there also by putting the barrel in the other shin and the butt of the blaster in the bucket. i get all of it in there =) i also have an entire ESB Fett, jetpack and all, (less the helmet) in one of these as well as a full Bikerscout. I Assemble all my armor to be broken down so i can store/carry it easier. Its one of those things you think about when waiting for your armor to arrive lol.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Heres a great place with many options

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Scott M. said:

-------------

I've got something pretty similar to that. Whole TK fits except for my bucket. It really is all in the way you pack it.

I've got Ab plate, butt and kidney, chest and back all stacked. Then biceps go into forearms which go into your shins which go into the thighs. Only problem is my belt, because my holster is not removable. I even keep my CA boots in the tub, shoebox and all. All fits pretty well.

Before I paid money for any tub, I laid out all the armor on my bed and worked on getting it as packed and small as possible, then measured the amount of space I would need. Overkill, probably, but I am a trooper on a tight budget.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Nice find Joey! I knew I read that somewhere :)

My pleasure Terry, cant let u do all the work helping out and answering questions ;):lol:

qqnfQ.jpg

Cheap-o 32gal bins. Made a stencil and sprayed the imperial logo on it, going to put my TD stuff on it at some point.

Can fit entire suit + helmet + boots + e11 in it.

(Shins in thighs, bracers in shins) my armor also breaks down completely (butt plate, back ab, front ab/cod, chest, back)

Great stuff, guys!

Yeah waiting for armor makes you think of dumb stuff like that. But, if I didn't ask, I'd be ready for a troop but I'd have to pack all my gear in the trunk of the car! Yikes!

I just received my holster from Anrev and my amp and wireless mic today!

Armor should be here in mid March.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is what I use. Got it at Lowes for under $30. I've seen them in a few diffrent colors. All beige, beige with black top, & all blue. As soon as the weather warms up. Im gonna throw a fancy paint job on mine. All my gear fits in with plenty of room for extra. Right now I have my Tie Pilot gear in one & will get another for my Stormie. They have handles on bothe sides & rugged wheels on one end. Makes it real easy to drag along on troops. Hardes part is lifting it into the Tahoe. Luckily its very light.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed