ROTJ /SE armor behind the scenes Footage

Whatz up!

Like Indy finding an old supernatural artifact, I have dug up some old footage that has ROTJ /SE armor in it....

I have a CD-ROM that was made in 1995/96 that is called “Making Magic” that is the behind the scenes of ILM and LFL working on the Special Edition of ANH.

The title is “Anatomy of a Dewback,” but I thought since it has some behind the scenes footage of them digging out the old armor, I thought it needed to be posted for all TD/TK armor junkies and for anyone that has not seen this before.

Enjoy!

============

u3unDaA.jpg

cI8tjD8.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss219/TheRogueTrooper/mm3.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Great PI work Tom!

Shawn - yeah if you look at other shots in the SE editions of ANH such as on the Death Star, you'll find more ROTJ troopers too. Essentially Lucas seems to feel the ROTJ is what he wants people to see and thus we find them composited in. Either that or else they were the only suits able to be used - not sure which is the true story.

If you look at other shots in the SE editions of ANH such as on the Death Star, you'll find more ROTJ troopers too. Essentially Lucas seems to feel the ROTJ is what he wants people to see and thus we find them composited in. Either that or else they were the only suits able to be used - not sure which is the true story.

Thanks Paul :salute:

If your theory on the ROTJ suits is correct, and they are the only armor able to be used.....Hmmmmmm. Do you think that is why Museum Replicas is taking so long to show any work on there TK/TD armor. Maybe they are trying to work to retro the ROTJ/SE to make the ANH armor.....

If so...It has been done already and it is here TE2.....

Yes, thanks for that.

I suspect that both theories are true to an extent. I think that the video says that they went looking through the archives and found a RoTJ suit and so that's what they used. I suspect that Lucas figured that no one watching the Special Editions would discern the difference between the stormtroopers. To most people outside of the 501st a stormtrooper is a stormtrooper and they all look alike. And since the Special Edition promo suits look RoTJ there is a valid argument for stating that Lucas wanted the RoTJ trooper to be the definitive version.

Thanks Paul :salute:

If your theory on the ROTJ suits is correct, and they are the only armor able to be used.....Hmmmmmm. Do you think that is why Museum Replicas is taking so long to show any work on there TK/TD armor. Maybe they are trying to work to retro the ROTJ/SE to make the ANH armor.....

If so...It has been done already and it is here TE2.....

Alas. all TE & AP derived armor are not true ANH/ESB. They were from a later set of armor that was reworked to ANH. Helmet is a different story of course. Apparently MR is laser scanning suits in the archives...

I think there is one more in that group. Dan Laws 3-D scan of the "Set For Stun" ANH bucket.

Dont forget you can also see ANH TK's running around the death star in panic at the end of ROTJ. Lucas used some footage from ANH that was filmed but unused in ANH.