ESB blaster help

TK3202

I recently ordered an ESB hyperfirm. I'm almost done with my ESB armor and want to make sure that when I update my EIB armor picture from my ANH to ESB that I have all my bases covered.

I know what to do with the armor, but I'm getting conflicting info is the ESB hyperfirm ready to go out of the box or not. Any help would be great as it seems the EIB pictures for ESB blasters in the crl is actually a RotJ.

Thanks guys.

The CRL is correct. Note that the greeblies, etc. are under the "may have" section to allow for the promo blasters, but they are in no way required. Essentially the canon ESB E-11 is the same as ANH sans power cylinders on the mag & sans ammo counter.

The CRL is correct. Note that the greeblies, etc. are under the "may have" section to allow for the promo blasters, but they are in no way required. Essentially the canon ESB E-11 is the same as ANH sans power cylinders on the mag & sans ammo counter.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.

• 2 months later...

Essentially the canon ESB E-11 is the same as ANH sans power cylinders on the mag & sans ammo counter.

And now I see this one.

Hey, it was AT LEAST 2 posts below where I asked the question. Come on! B)

• 1 month later...

From what I see on Billhags ref pics in the ESB EIB requirements is that the D ring mount should be removed.

Are you saying that this is not the case then as I have just sawn off said D ring mount, front bayonet cap, and mag housing parts on my ANH blaster as the pic shows all the things to do to configure a blaster to ESB status.

I just want to get the blaster as accurate as possible...

Cheers guys.. :)

There is a difference between "accuracy" and EIB requirements. The EIB is not intended to be the end all-be all of accuracy. It's meant to be a step above Legion standards but not so high that it's excessively hard to obtain. For now the EIB just states that you need the d-ring, any other mods to make it more screen accurate are up to you.

Perhaps when we have 50 ESB EIB and it's become too easy to get we'll up the standards, but with only 10 so far I don't see the standard becoming more stringent anytime soon.

NOTE:

If you look at the EIB for ESB at ----------you'll see that there are some 'should' and 'may' have items. 'should' should capture the film canon version, 'may' is the promo version.

If there are other details that should be captured in the 'should' part of it please remind us of the thread/post where these are captured and it should be an easy add to the docs.

So it's out there, the 'should' part of the EIB is for those that really want to take things to the top but otherwise exceed what is needed for EIB. Some day (again, 200+ EIB) we can adopt some of the 'should' for 'must'.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think thats the promo ESB blaster. Ive seen troopers with ANH blasters less the counter and cylinders in the carbon freezing scene. So i think both scope rail types would be fine for ESB. As long as the proper greeblies are there/not there. Actually someone posted a pic of one in another thread.

EDIT: Now i cant find the pic...lol, but i know i saw it. lol.

Edited by Darth Voorhees