My TM Armour New ESB Pics

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Great Job. I'm about 25% complete with my own ESB build. Thanks for the great shots, I will surely use them as a reference. I was wondering how many ESB TK's are in the 501st. I think GA has less then 10 but don't Quote me on that.

A very nice build!

Ā 

The only thing I am wondering about is the position of the biceps armor. Maybe the biceps-hook could prevent these pieces from 'falling' out of the shoulder bells?!?! Just an idea.

Ā 

The rest is top notch! :duim:

A very nice build!

Ā 

The only thing I am wondering about is the position of the biceps armor. Maybe the biceps-hook could prevent these pieces from 'falling' out of the shoulder bells?!?! Just an idea.

Ā 

The rest is top notch! :duim:

They are supposed to sit there. Look at some screen shots. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery

Ā 

You are making the assumption that because every one else in the 501st you have looked at wear their biceps higher you have formed the opinion that that's the correct way to wear them. This is a common mistake as members of the 501st get this and several other things wrong, more often than not. What you should do instead is study how the original armour is strapped and consider how it behaves in different circumstances.

Ā 

Because the original biceps are strapped to the forearms, they are always at a fixed distance from them. They are not strapped to the shoulder bells, and will float up and down the arm as you move around. Once you realize that, you will understand that the biceps on this suit are just where you expect them to be, because the wearer is a tall person.

Ā 

gallery_14191_30_25497.jpg

gallery_12157_16_24850.jpg

They are supposed to sit there. Look at some screen shots.Ā  (...)

Ā 

Checked the screen shots in the galleries and yeah, some biceps armors can be seen in that position - especially when the arm is hanging down straight.

Ā 

If the arm is angled (for example to hold a blaster) the forearm seems to push the biceps armor a bit upwards under the shoulder bell.

Ā 

Sorry for that confusion. Just had Simon's tutorial in mind for creating the biceps hooks...

Checked the screen shots in the galleries and yeah, some biceps armors can be seen in that position - especially when the arm is hanging down straight.

Ā 

If the arm is angled (for example to hold a blaster) the forearm seems to push the biceps armor a bit upwards under the shoulder bell.

Ā 

Sorry for that confusion. Just had Simon's tutorial in mind for creating the biceps hooks...

Exactly. The biceps gets pushed upwards when the forearm is moved upwards, because they, not the shoulder bell, are strapped together. If the bell was strapped with the biceps, it would interfere with that movement.