TIE Paint Job/Decal Question(s)

Hey all,

I am painting a TIE pilot lid and I want to do a particular paint job from one of the pilots during the battle at the end of ANH. What I would like to know is if there are any good sources of good clear pics. I also was wondering if there are decals available anywhere for the lettering on the top of the "mohawk". I have the imperial cog decals so I don't need those. I'm tempted to hand paint the lettering, but I need some good clear pics before I take it on.

Michael

Hey all,

I am painting a TIE pilot lid and I want to do a particular paint job from one of the pilots during the battle at the end of ANH. What I would like to know is if there are any good sources of good clear pics. I also was wondering if there are decals available anywhere for the lettering on the top of the "mohawk". I have the imperial cog decals so I don't need those. I'm tempted to hand paint the lettering, but I need some good clear pics before I take it on.

Michael

Hi Michael, I would take a look on "The Prop Den" for the pictures or in Starwarshelmets.com

I remember have seen a lot of pics from Jez in both places. For the Decals maybe Mike TK4510 can help you.

Cheers

A

Well, you could try the TIE Detatchment ----- ;) There are a bunch of resources there to help you. This includes screen caps that go into more detail than you can shake a stick at. What kind of TIE bucket do you have? (BTW, I'm a TIE pilot aspiring to be a TK :D)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Hi Michael. Hope everything is well with you!

I have yet to find better pics than here (like AJCG already suggested): -----

I hope you find what you seek.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Jag said:
Well, you could try the TIE Detatchment -----  ;) There are a bunch of resources there to help you. This includes screen caps that go into more detail than you can shake a stick at. What kind of TIE bucket do you have? (BTW, I'm a TIE pilot aspiring to be a TK :D)

Hi, thank you jag and nazgul for the links. I'm already a member of so many online clubs my computer is limping, but I might have to check it out.

I'm not certain what helmet I have, but I think it's actually supposed to be an AT-AT driver, rather than a TIE pilot. The helmet looks really good and quite accurate as far as I can tell (the face is the same size as that of my stormtrooper lid so it's really quite large), except that the little arch over the vocoder is more pointed than it should be, which makes me think it might be a goldenarmor AT-AT helmet. I plan to modify the few details that are different (as far as I know it's mainly just the shape and size of the "box" on the back of the mohawk strip). If there is another difference I should know about (other than the obvious differences in details like painting and greeblies) feel free to educate me. I may or may not take the time to reshape the vocoder arch.

I should be getting some lettering decals soon. The biggest problem I will have with this helmet is finding a place to display it. I'm quickly running out of designated Star Wars stuff shelving.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Im fairly sure there were two versions. One with buttons on the back. One with a squareish box (Hmmm not sure but was it a cigarette box?)

Dunno about the cigarette box, but there does seem to be two versions. I wish I knew what was on the back of the silver stripe TIE lid. Oh well. Nobody ever looks at the back anyway. :P

I did decide to change the contour of the arch above the vocoder though. After I get more done I will get a few pics.

can you post some pics. I own a Laws TIE kit. Yeah the pill box on the back still needs to be added to mine.

I can't find the plug-in-thingy to recharge my camera so I might have to get inventive with the webcam on my laptop but I'll see about getting some pics today. I've been knocked flat for days with a virus and today is the first day in a while that I feel I have enough strength to even pick up a helmet.

GB