ESB frown help!

Hi guys. Im trying to get how the ESB frowns look. There seem to be different looks, one ending right before the fifth tooth, and these seem to be wider or more narrow at the edges:

origESBpatch01.jpg

ESBTK1.jpg

and one more wide going outside the fifth tooth.

mollostormESB1.jpg

Have I got it right?

Can someone tell if the top pic has filled the tooth with black?

Does anyone have good pictures of the wide frown helmets (like the bottom pic)?

Thanks for any help!

Pictures from starwarshelmets.com

There is no right or wrong answer, they were all painted differently. Pick a version you like and go for it. And if you start with the thinner frown and dont like it you can paint it wider, simples ;)

Thanks guys! I didnt know of a 6-teeth ESB. Id love to see it!

This was the first ESB frown I did, and hope it helps...I tried to keep it like the ESB Badge helmet.

frown-1.jpg

frown2.jpg

People have different views but I prefer the satin black finish.

Looks great. I agree, I have only seen satin black details on ESB.

I found this pic showing a wide frown with a white end tooth. I dont know how Id miss that as I tried to base my build on this trooper. The wide frown is also my fav look.

ndvd1292vh4.jpg

I'm pretty intrigued by the Hero ESB helmet and wonder if there are any other pix/caps. Would be a neat variation, and another must have for me at least :)

For my ESB helmet I used black coal satin from humbrol, it is not very shinny but neither completely flat. By the way guys great lids! love the ESB style.

Cheers

A

ESB_CAP_01.jpg

Beautiful Armando!!

ps. don't get rid of it like your ANH!!! :D

Beautiful Armando!!

ps. don't get rid of it like your ANH!!! :D

Thanks Scott, no worries. I will not get rid of this one :lol: , I like this one very much. Actually I'm thinking to do another ANH version with TE2 or a fiberglas SFS.

BTW I would love to see more pics of your HDPE ESB, I remember you stop posting pics of your progress and I think it looks awesome.

A

For my ESB helmet I used black coal satin from humbrol, it is not very shinny but neither completely flat. By the way guys great lids! love the ESB style.

Cheers

A

ESB_CAP_01.jpg

Thanks for the tip Armando.

I take the opportunity and say that your painting and weathering is perfect and your work is very inspirational to watch! Thanks!

Thanks for all the help guys!

The helmet Im basing this on has the wide frown with white end teeth. Theres no close ups, so I decided to use the Move along helmet's frown as a model (I love that look!).

I painted it with a very satin black, and Im happy with the result.

img1679k.jpg

img1678wo.jpg

Thanks again.