I know it's not a TK lid but could i have some advice please?

Bell

Ok so i could really use some advice on these clone trooper lids that i've found on ebay. I've become quite interested in the prequel clones and was thinking of getting a Ep.3 helmet to add to my growing collection, i already have a Jave Ep.2 lid, and so while looking on ebay for other things i stumbled upon a few buckets that caught my eye. Some I've been able to find out were recasts but i could use some advice on the ones below if there worth it or not.

Don't worry I'm not going to ask about Star fortress helmets. After all the bad comments and warnings about how crappy his products are I'm not touching that stuff with a ten foot barge pole. Hence why i will never ask about there products.

The first is from Germany

Ep.3 Clone trooper helmet

The second is from Singapore

EP 3 Clone trooper lid

The third is from the USA

Ep.3 Fiderglass clone lid

Thanks for the help

prob more appropriate on the clonetroopers forum mate.

but you get a lot of us cross posting anyways.

1st 2 are MR recast - which are considered to be fair game by most prop makers cos the licence is now expired

the german and american guys are known recasters. I would advise avoiding.

the singapore guy is well known to the Rebel Legion lot - and is a reputable (although not the most accurate) supplier it is said.

as usual - I would advise you to drop by clonetroopers.net or clone empire even to do your research. You obviously know what to do - as you've managed to get a really nice episode II clone lid already.

alternatively - drop me a pm mate

For EPIII helmets you need to talk to Java or Kevin/OSCS. For EPII it used to be Java or C6 - I'm not up on who's a good maker now (bet some guys here know).

The best clone helmets are fan sculpts made in the USA. Anything made overseas is for sure a recast of someone's very hard work (no TE is or is not recast argument in clone land, it's *all* fan sculpt) and a big no-no.

Who is he and are these original sculpts?

His names paul, hes an ebay seller and is very artistic, they're MR casts. Only difference is the 3 small black pieces for the mouth are separate, not molded in. The blank helmets are $75 + shipping, which is usually around $12. You can expect to do about an hours work to them to prep them for painting, which includes some minor filling work, sanding, and general dremel work. he also sells the helmets finished if anyone doesn't feel up to the task...$135 for a regular white trooper with light weathering, or $170 for a design like the 501st with weathering. im gonna probably get 2 white ones to give out for christmas.