Mr Bond's DLT19 :)

james007bond

It's resin, and very weighty... and yes the detailing on it is actually very good for a resin piece. It's solid as well and not hollow. I brought it off a fellow trooper over at MEPED and we were discussing it's origin. It does look like a DoopyDoos piece, but my understanding is that the DD DLT19 is a hollow piece where this one isn't? Also there are no distinguising stamp marks on it as DD pieces have these...... So origin yet unknown...... A fellow trooper over here also has one, and it could be similar, so something to discuss over a pre troop coffee....

Can't believe how big/long this is though....... :o

It is the Doopys blaster, I'm sure. I got the exact same blaster in the mail 2 days ago. :)

I think it's awesome, I already added the box on the right side and some greeblies as detail on the left where the ammo is fed on the real MG34.

But other than those missing details it's perfect out of the box. It's made of very high quality resin with metal screw threads for connecting the parts. Not brittle or anything, and it has a decent heft to it!

It does look like a DoopyDoos piece, but my understanding is that the DD DLT19 is a hollow piece where this one isn't? Also there are no distinguising stamp marks on it as DD pieces have these...... So origin yet unknown......

:o You're right! Wow, these almost look like twins separated at birth. I missed that yours does'nt have the barrel venting holes drilled open and the muzzle seems closed too...whereas mine are open and show the hollow design. But hollow doesn't mean lightweight with mine either, it's at least 3-5mm thick and has a small hollow core.

Oh, does yours have a screw-on cocking handle, too?

What stamp marks do I have to look for? I didn't find any on mine.

Are you going to weather yours?

I sure can, here's a couple pics with a prop/original comparison image. I kept it very simple...

These details were built from mostly scrap white HIPS parts and the whole gun is going to be spraypainted with an even coat of black and then weathered.

left side:

pa180010.jpg

simulating this:

MG-34_Box_02.jpg

right side:

pa180012.jpg

simulating this:

MG34B-mast.jpg

Interesting... the mystery deepens.....mmm

My barrel is for sure solid, the barrel vent holes are partially drilled and dont seem to go all the way through, also the front muzzle is solid. Regarding the cocking pin, I dont have one on mine, but there is a hole I think where it's supposed to go..... perhaps it went missing, but i'm going to make one up anyway....

I will weather it slightly, nothing too much though...

Would love to see more pics of yours and i'll do the same...

cheers

shiv

Would love to see more pics of yours and i'll do the same...

More pics of mine coming up after spraypainting. It's my project for the week, I wanted to start today but I was all out of paint, I didn't check before... <_<

Dennis

I've had a look at mine and from the right side receiver and there seems to be one difference between mine and yours.... Yours has the charging hande whereas mine does not.... :huh:

Also, on my stock (left side), I have a number 487b.....

S

Hey Shiv,

then they definitely are different. Mine doesn't have a number on the stock. Didn't you say yours has a hole for the cocking handle? I have a feeling that mine is too far forward on the receiver than on the original MG34.

Maybe yours is an older doopys model? It looks more like their current product pics on their homepgae than mine does...

I finished weathering mine, it came out pretty good I think:

pa210015.jpg

pa210016.jpg

pa210017.jpg

pa210018.jpg

pa210019.jpg

pa210020.jpg

pa210021.jpg

And sorry for hijacking your thread, buddy. ;)

Dennis

That paint job looks fantastic..... you've done an excellent job there....

Mine is just plain black... hehe, what colour brown have you used for the stock? Almost looks like real wood :o

The distinguishing features between mine and yours are the venting holes and the cocking handle... other than that they look identical.......

I expect mine could have been an earlier model and yours the improved lighter version hehe, having said that, mine feels rock solid and is heavy'ish. However, I do like your venting holes.... mmmm I may need to get the drill out on mine....

I think we should use your pics as reference pics as you've done a sterling paint job on it buddy.... awesome...

Dennis, did you say that you cocking handle unscrews (pardon the pun... hehe) as if it doesn't then that DLT will not really flat pack well?

shiv

Thanks Shiv!

It's all just drybrushing with gunmetal, and some bronze for a somewhat rusty effect. And it's several coats of metallizing effect/black/metallizing/black... etc. After I was satified with the result, I sealed it with a semigloss clear coating.

The stock I painted with a brush for a rougher appearance. It's brown REVELL enamel paint No.84 which I then darkened with some black overspray. It's supposed to be Bakelite, not wood. Wood I couldn't pull off, it's too hard to simulate. ;)

Although hollow, mine still is pretty heavy and feels very solid. I dropped it once, and nothing happened. Not that I recommend dropping resin guns too much, but I was surprised (and relieved) with the sturdiness.

That's a good idea using metallizing black paint, I guess it will give the resin a metalic look....I'll have to try that for sure..

The dry brushing affect looks impressive, I like the way you have highlighted the screws/bolts...

I will have to get permission from the UKG GML regarding the painting of the stock as from what I have gathered, in the films the gun stocks were black, but I will wait and see what he says....

Keep it up buddy..

Shiv

That's an interesting point with the stock color...

There are no strict guidelines as of yet for the DLT-19, right? I mean, from official 501st high command or something?

I guessed a brown stock will do since I've seen so many fellow troopers paint theirs like this, with a Bakelite stock as a reference.

That's an interesting point with the stock color...

There are no strict guidelines as of yet for the DLT-19, right? I mean, from official 501st high command or something?

I guessed a brown stock will do since I've seen so many fellow troopers paint theirs like this, with a Bakelite stock as a reference.

Hallo Dennis,

Good news is that i've got the green light to paint my stock.... Bakelite colour, so i'll start doing that during the week and also dry brushing it..... From what I can gather, if you look at the DLT19 in the film, they were black.... look closely at the stock... and yes, there seems to be no real reference material/guidelines as such.... I'll have a another look at ANH and double check..... but one thing is for sure... my BFG needs weathering for sure......

Hey Shiv, thanks for the info. Then mine will stay as it is.

I prefer the brown over the black stock.

Be sure to post pics of your weathered blaster when you've finished!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's me on a troop with my DLT-19 before it was weathered.....

And yes, i'm in a shopping mall..... :D

The strore manager then asked us to leave as he said that the store had a no helmets policy... :o. Some people just have no soul....

4088114402_ea31cafd67.jpg