ESB Hasbro Conversion

Irishtrooper

Ok I realise it would have been easier to just make a pipe blaster but i thought i'm getting bored trimming my ATA that i'd start on the blaster. Thanks to Couchtrooper in the UKG i got a hasbro blaster a few months back for my little project. So a few weeks back i decided to go ESB and then realised that the blaster has no counter on it so i have had to do a mods on this. Generally people would probable just leave the doopydoo's one off it but i decided to cut it out and reform it. This is my story...

Hasbro blaster untounched:

NQlQ5IT.jpg

Doopydoo's conversion kit, minus the counter:

RaHQUPh.jpg

First thing i did was to file off all the writing and fill in all the screw holes. Then i marked up the moulded counter to be removed. Note that this area also comes over the scope:

rdDIQfz.jpg

Next up removing the moulded counter, i used the dremel:

v9AR2ve.jpg

s5TOjxV.jpg

I then sanded all the rough areas and this is what i was left with:

O0hqQu3.jpg

As mentioned before the counter makes up part of the scope as well so that means the bottom area needs of the scope needs rebuild also. The next step was to then create an internal skeleton framework to be used to help shape the final look of the barrel and scope. I used pieces of HIPS in the scope and balsa wood/lolly pop sticks for the barrel:

zx3Pc54.jpg

9Ykr00G.jpg

After leaving it overnight to allow the glue to set came the filling in. I used a plumbers putty from B&Q, cant remember what it was called. I applied it in the areas required and gave a general shape to what i need for the scope and the barrel. The putty in the photos are rough and once it has set in 48 hours (sets in 10 mins but i want to ensure a solid bond) i will then sand it down to give the proper shape needed:

iXeHMve.jpg

fuAdJoz.jpg

While i was waiting for the putty to set i removed the tip of the barrel and kept the LED intact and working.

Before:

EdkUxXp.jpg

After:

6ThirQP.jpg

• 1 month later...

The filled in area was sanded back to give it more shape and to remove any imperfections:

WQvzYKx.jpg

Now i started to add the Doopydoo's conversion kit minus the counter, i used elastic bands to help hold them in place but on most parts this wasn't really necessary:

GJcm7yq.jpg

mi3wMkm.jpg

6GnToc7.jpg

w7OlQWF.jpg

Now that the T-Tracks have arrived and been trimmed to fit they are attached to the sides of the blaster barrel:

48eqKDN.jpg

A d-ring was made from repair putty (hards stronger than steel so hopefully should withold trooping) and fitted to the rear of the blaster and left to harden:

KnRLvI9.jpg

TVattEF.jpg

Next an under coat of primer...

• 3 months later...

Next up was an under coat of Aluminium spray paint so that when it weathers naturally with use it looks more realistic.

This was followed by 3 coats of Halfords Satin Black and then some final detailing on the D-ring and ejection port.

Please excuse the dust on the blaster in the photos :D

xJOUffA.jpg

5dwaFd1.jpg

fcZD6MB.jpg

KhIlrKI.jpg

x9dHEFn.jpg