Grungie's ESB Build is Complete - reuqest EIB[*AP]

Hey guys, I finished my ESB stormy today, I'm awaiting approval for 501st membership and my TK id number. I can't wait!

I'll be making some modifications in the future, but for now, I'm ready to start trooping once my membership kicks in. I know in the photos my ab plate needs to be raised, and my thermal detonator is a little lob sided, but apart from that, I think it looks pretty sharp. Thanks to everyone who supplied such great parts to work with (Mark from Authentic Props, TK 4510 for the great decals, TroopMaster for the insane ESB style hand plates, Anrev for the Holster, Hamish for the Blaster, Dan for the blaster add ons, Cen for lending me his armour so i could see how the strapping system works, BeeJay for lending a helping hand, and to everyone for giving me advice and encouragement, it's been a great learning experience, and a very fulfilling venture, can't wait to get out there and troop!

GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-2aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-3aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-4aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-5aspx.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

all the best, Dave.

Looks great! Once you raise the ab, you might also consider adding short elastic straps from the inside of the top of the ab to the inside of the chest plate (about 3-4 inches up from the bottom of the chest) to hold that in place. You can find pictures in the Stukatrooper tutorial, or I can take some pictures of my armor later on.

Congrats!!

You can also create a suspenders system to keep it held up (this is what I use). I'd also suggest forming the tail of the butt so it wraps under rather than seems to dangle down and add a strap between it in the cod.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the kidney is upside down, and you can probably lower the butt plate a little too.

FWIW, you can't really apply for EIB until you have your TKID from the Legion, but we can keep this thread here for final approval once you get it. Keep us posted trooper - you're looking good :)

ESB ESB ESB!

Whoo Hoo! We can never have enough ESB.

Looking good. EIB here you come man!

Thanks dude! It feels great to have it finished, with a few adjustments, it'll be a lot more comfy and look the biz.

Looks great! Once you raise the ab, you might also consider adding short elastic straps from the inside of the top of the ab to the inside of the chest plate (about 3-4 inches up from the bottom of the chest) to hold that in place. You can find pictures in the Stukatrooper tutorial, or I can take some pictures of my armor later on.

Congrats!!

thanks for the tip dude. it should all come together nice once i get used to wearing it and feel where it needs to be adjusted, moved etc...

rockin!

You can also create a suspenders system to keep it held up (this is what I use). I'd also suggest forming the tail of the butt so it wraps under rather than seems to dangle down and add a strap between it in the cod.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the kidney is upside down, and you can probably lower the butt plate a little too.

FWIW, you can't really apply for EIB until you have your TKID from the Legion, but we can keep this thread here for final approval once you get it. Keep us posted trooper - you're looking good :)

thanks mate! my ab plate is using a suspender system, i just had it too low when we took the photos, I'll upload some better ones soon, my but and cod piece are conected at the bottom, i just have a big an impolite person, thats why it looks funny, lol

as for EIB, I'll be happy to apply, it would be nice to have it after all this hard work, but hey the reward is in this tight looking armour, and of course the looks on people's faces when you say "OPEN THE BLAST DOORS!!!!"

Looks awesome i would shorten the length of the white nylon straps that connect your thermal boxs, and have then almost touch the belt. and the touch ups stated by others and your set!!!!!!

U should be ready for 501st recrutment in no time!!!!

Looks awesome i would shorten the length of the white nylon straps that connect your thermal boxs, and have then almost touch the belt. and the touch ups stated by others and your set!!!!!!

U should be ready for 501st recrutment in no time!!!!

thanks mate, it's great to have so much support on this forum, you guys rule!

Dave.

Looking good. There aren't very many of us so it will be nice ot have another ESB EIB.

Thanks Thayne, it's great to have it finished, I'm putting in a speaker system in my bucket this week, it doesn't have the static burst, but I'll get one of those another day. I watched "troops" last night, the burst sounds so sweet in that, heh heh

hey can you tell me more about this EIB? Is it bassically a recognition of Screen accurate armour? Do i actually recieve a badge? I'm a little confused.

Dave.

Thanks Paul, sweet. From the requirements it looks like I'm covered, which is pretty cool. But it's not an actual badge is it, it's a signiture you get next to your name when posting yeah?

Dave.

In the end it's just a recognition program :) Any swag, etc. is just part and parcel of that recognition. Ideally the achievement is the reward in itself :)

Thou a patch would nice.... lol like if we dont have nuff things in the oven, already!!!

The plan was for removable shoulder bell decals and perhaps later a patch. We got delayed on the current run of patches/tabs as there was a fire at the suppliers, so let's get through those first.

Heck, perhaps it may come out as a lapel pin type of thing - I guess we'll poll at the right time and see what people would like.

Thou a patch would nice.... lol like if we dont have nuff things in the oven, already!!!

hehe heh a patch huh? Yeah that would be schweet, but having insane Screen Accurate armour is pretty cool in itself, ;)

The plan was for removable shoulder bell decals and perhaps later a patch. We got delayed on the current run of patches/tabs as there was a fire at the suppliers, so let's get through those first.

Heck, perhaps it may come out as a lapel pin type of thing - I guess we'll poll at the right time and see what people would like.

Stay tuned for a 'Super Secret Supprise' for ALL EIB's when we reach the 100 mark B)

;)