ANH Armour

Hi all

I am about to order my new armour from here

follow link

Jedi Robe

Most importantly, i really need to know if i will be allowed to use this to join the 501st UK Garrison, will it be accepted ?, i know nothing about the costuming group thing, as i am totally new, can anyone from the uk, confirm please, if this will be accepted ? i am currently awaiting a response to my application to join, i live in the midlands in the uk, if there is anyone here from the uk, who, can help with this.

Many thanks

PAul

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey Paul, I'd avoid that set of armor if I were you. Its FX armor and most likely recast at that. The helmet is clearly a horrible SDS recast. You will get a much better deal by contacting AP, TE2, ATA or TM for your white plastic needs ;)

From the massive amount of research I have done recently, I would definitely warn you away from that armor, especially at that price! Check out the armor forum and read up on 'the good stuff'...soon you will reach enlightenment. I am by no means an expert (not even close) but as a fellow newbie..read more on FISD and then read more on FISD and then read more on FISD and then...you get the point. Do not be in a rush! Also, I think Smitty knows what he is talking about.

Thanks,

Mike T.

Charities Rule!

I agree with what been said so far. Don't be in a rush to get armor. Keep doing some more research here on the boards and you will eventually find the "good stuff" for you. Smitty does know his stuff. You can't go wrong with AP, TE2, ATA or TM for your white plastic needs.

If you want FX, there is a legitimate seller on these boards (see the for sale area) who has delivered quality a competitive price for years. Unless it's someone selling a personal suit, you shouldn't buy armor from Ebay as a rule.

Listen to the wise words everyone speeks.

I was in the same boat when I started. I couldn't wait, but I did and got the armor that I wanted and never looked back. Just my two cents, do some research on ATA if your on a budget and want a good starter kit. It'll get you doing EVERY THING, really fun stuff!

Read around the boards, study study study and you will find what you are looking for :)

Check out my "Armor 101" page man... lots of good bite sized info. Then read, read, read! Getting your first armor is like a marriage... you don't want to rush into it, especially when no one likes the girl you're dating... and finding that girl on a web site works now-and-then, but... ah... the analogy only goes so far. 8)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

No said:
Check out my "Armor 101" page man... lots of good bite sized info. Then read, read, read! Getting your first armor is like a marriage... you don't want to rush into it, especially when no one likes the girl you're dating... and finding that girl on a web site works now-and-then, but... ah... the analogy only goes so far. 8)

Thank you all for the assistance in avoiding what would now appear to be a very costly mistake, however, and i dont say this lightly, the different types of armour, mean nothing to me, all that is paramount to me is that i get good armour, that will last, look fantastic, but most importantly of all will be cleared by the 501st, as i have applied to join the ranks (still waiting to hear at this time) money, without sounding boastful, is not my main concern, i am absolutley useless with my hands, and there is no way i would be able to build my own armour, firstly as i am inadequate, the Nth degree, where diy is concerened and secondly, i have nowhere near the time required to put the unbelieveble time and effort, into creating something as awesome as you guys have created, so unfortunatley for me, purchasing is going to be the one and only route i am able to take, and obviously i will take all your sound advice, and do research on here, but at some point i need to know, who, how and when i am going to be able to get the armour i crave, please dont misunderstand, i am NOT, just on here to get armour, i want the whole experience, trooping, conventions, so again i thank you all for the time you have given to pass on your well heeded advice, sorry for the long post.

Paul

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thank you all for the assistance in avoiding what would now appear to be a very costly mistake, however, and i dont say this lightly, the different types of armour, mean nothing to me, all that is paramount to me is that i get good armour, that will last, look fantastic, but most importantly of all will be cleared by the 501st, as i have applied to join the ranks (still waiting to hear at this time) money, without sounding boastful, is not my main concern, i am absolutley useless with my hands, and there is no way i would be able to build my own armour, firstly as i am inadequate, the Nth degree, where diy is concerened and secondly, i have nowhere near the time required to put the unbelieveble time and effort, into creating something as awesome as you guys have created, so unfortunatley for me, purchasing is going to be the one and only route i am able to take, and obviously i will take all your sound advice, and do research on here, but at some point i need to know, who, how and when i am going to be able to get the armour i crave, please dont misunderstand, i am NOT, just on here to get armour, i want the whole experience, trooping, conventions, so again i thank you all for the time you have given to pass on your well heeded advice, sorry for the long post.

Paul

First off... that's not a long post. B)

Secondly... if you 1) really want good, 501st approved armor... 2) don't have time / talent to assemble it... and 3) don't care to spend a bit more to get it assembled... then I'd say go with Trooper Master!

He's there in the UK with you and sells his kits completely "ready to wear!"

They're incredibly screen accurate and look fantastic. They're about 100,000x better than that armor you first posted too.

Just look up "Trooper Master" on here... sounds like he's the way for you to go (imho).