ROTJ Suit by TE. progress as of Oct 2009.

This is also a ROTJ Suit by TE (Matt). It was put together on Oct 4, 2009. It is very beautiful and well made. It is very Elite on how it is put togther and I am going to finish the Ab button colors tonight. The helmet is not from a Touring Suit. Rather a ROTJ Lid. Enjoy the Pictures. I am going to submit when Ab plate buttons are painted to ROTJ Elite. This is a keeper.. I am almost afraid to wear it ..LOLOL. It belongs on a mannequin.

AllanQuickROTJStormtrooper.jpg

100_5678.jpg

Thanks for looking

Allan

Looking good so far. If you're going RoTJ Elite I'm seeing two things to modify...

That looks like an ANH blaster. The Hengstler counter is a giveaway.

Your shoulder bridges look like they've got the flat ends to them. From the EIB requirements... "Shoulder straps should not have a flat end at the ends of them, they should be ribbed 100%."

I'm seeing a shoulder strap across your left bicep. From the EIB requirements... "No shoulder bell straps across the biceps." This is a "should" and I simply bring it to your attention.

You're on your way to Elite standards and it's looking good so far. Keep up the good work.

That definitely has a very ROTJ look to it, wow.

But I don't see any white trim around the edges of the cod and chest, is it just the photos? I think trim would be necessary for EIB.

No white rubber edging trim?

Get some thin black elastic for the shoulder bells and attach it about two inches from the bottom of the bells. The elastic should not be seen on ROTJ armour. Also, pad out the shoulder bells if the do not already hang off the shoulder once you attach the new elastic (make it loose).

Someone should let Matt (or whoever assemmbles these) know that they are assembling the shins all wrong. They are putting the right shin on the left leg and attaching the knee plate. The doubled up part should be on the left leg, not the right. Just trying to help :)

I thought that I glimpsed the white trim on the armor but now that I've zoomed in I'm not seeing it. Maybe I assumed it was there and my eyes mistakenly saw it because I expected it to be there.

Troopermaster, what do you mean about the shins? I've gone through my RoTJ pics of armor and I'm not seeing what you're talking about. I've seen a couple of pics of this doubled-up look that I think you're talking about on display suits and I keep seeing it on the right leg. Though I may be looking at something else.

The suit in these provided pictures is too far away to give us enough detail to examine. We are finding a few inadequacies so far though.

Do you have a picture of this? I'm having TE assemble my RoTJ kit and I'd like all of the details to be correct before something gets messed up in the assembly.

Thanks for the input gang. The trim will be added in the coming week. I have looked at other ROTJ suits and the Shoulders should be fine as well as Knee. Thank you for noticing. I have colored the ab buttons to the correct color and they look great. It is the blaster I used for ANH set I have. I guess I need 3 pieces to make it as you said. But not all blasters were exact to what you speak of in ROTJ pics. so I was confused. I will get more pictures when I get the trim on.. Just Contact Matt if you have concerns on assembly. He has many reference Pictures at his disposal. I was satisfied with the straps and how it went together.. He also saw first hand. as seen in person. More to come.

Thanks Allan.

It is looking good. It will really come together once the trim is on it. The generally accepted RoTJ blaster is the one with the door catch and two hammers and so all of us RoTJ guys have to go that route.

I'm not worried about how Matt assembles the RoTJ kit as he does know his stuff. He's been easy to talk with and he knows what I'm after.

I'm not seeing an error in the shin pieces. I've been looking at reference pictures and they look right to me.

He has many reference Pictures at his disposal. I was satisfied with the straps and how it went together.. He also saw first hand. as seen in person. More to come.

If your happy with everything, that's fine. Just don't expect to see any suits on screen like yours. What Matt sees and what Matt gives are two different things. I have pointed out the inaccuracies to help you make your kit look like it was seen on screen but if your not interested, I'll keep my opinions to myself <_<

It's ok Paul.. Input is great. Every suit was a little different from suit to suit in the movie with a varying detail as you know. Screen used as know were pretty much slapped together ;a piece may be out of line or some other part of armor not sitting correctly. You would have to own a exact screen used suit for Elite Elite but we are doing the best we can with the talent we have in our hobby. My armor is not slapped together like those on screen and I am glad. Not all ROTJ here in our detachment is 100 % screen accurate though we strive for it. I may be 2 or 5 % from screen but It looks great. Paul you are very knowledgeable.. and I thank you.

I have just heard from many folks doing Armor about splitting hair on this is an inch shorter or longer .. and not correct then another says that is correct.. It is very confusing and as it stands I do take all opinions as having valid points.. So i will do what I can. but the bulk of this ROTJ is on the right track. Paul you will like it. it encourages me. I just do not know where to get the Door catch and hammer pieces for blaster.. HELP>. any direction would be great.

Allan, you can get in touch with Smitty on these boards. He sells resin versions of the door catch and hammers for the RoTJ E-11. His door catch is incorrect, as he will admit, but it will do the job. And his hammer greeblies are great!

No one makes the 100% correct door catch that I am aware of but you can find something a bit closer on eBay. Look for blaster greeblies and you ought to get a hit.

If you need U-track for your blaster as well Stomper makes some. He's a bit backed up at the moment, though, and so you'll have to be patient and understanding. Life happens, after all.

I also appreciate your input, Paul. I may not be seeing what you are but I respect your knowledge and thoughts. Please continue to share your observations. They are appreciated.

It looks like its all coming together trooper, keep up the great work! :salute::trooper: it really makes me happy to see the new found interest in the ROTJ armor

Remember, though, we weren't the only ones who suffered casualties...

deadewok_1190226639.jpg

We give as good as we get.

On a more serious note, the RoTJ E-11 is the odd part of the RoTJ build because its parts are awkward to find. We're lucky that Smitty makes the hammers or we'd all be up a creek.

Since I mentioned the greeblies for the RoTJ E-11 I thought I'd provide a little more detail on obtaining them. To my knowledge, the only ones you can get are resin versions. You can get the hammers from Smitty here on the FISD forums. A more accurate door catch can be obtained from an eBay seller called predalien64.

Unfortunately, you can't buy a single door catch from the seller on eBay. I ended up buying a pack of greeblies from this seller that had two door catches in it and a third mystery piece. If you're willing to carve a very small notch on one corner of the eBay door catch and drill a hole through the back side of it you would have something even closer to the part used on the RoTJ E-11. You don't have to do these things and the part will still look good. It all comes down to how much fine detail you want on the piece.

I haven't located the correct front sight for the RoTJ E-11 though I fortunately got someone to make one for me.

Unless you feel like halving tubing lengthwise, Stomper remains the only source for the U-track that I'm aware of.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweeeet ROTJ Armor!!!!!!!!

Do you have any side and back pics of it ?????

RogueTrooper

My Creed is - Shoot first, if there is anyone left alive ..... then you ask questions .......