TK-7580 requesting EIB (ANH Stunt).[82][PT]

Hi there,

TK-7580 from German Garrison reporting in.

I'm ready for my EIB application, I think, and I've gone ANH stunt style all the way.

I hope I have all details covered in pics. If there's something missing or not clear enough, let me know.

Here we go! :D

Front view:

3978338236_e557ceea02_b.jpg

Rear view (I forgot to button the crotch strap here... :angry: ) :

3978337044_fe67e132f0_b.jpg

Side views:

3978342106_dd1cf7792b_b.jpg

3977579295_ecbd2debc9_b.jpg

Helmet:

3977570199_22341f20b2_b.jpg

Green lenses:

3977559563_f51774e675_b.jpg

Blaster (the one on the bottom):

3978324800_529a561240_b.jpg

3978327978_f1e64b816e_b.jpg

3978328904_bfef821634_b.jpg

Action shot:

3977578121_00046f1c39_b.jpg

And as a bonus, a short dorky video of things in motion - without legs. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI4btWZpTjw

Dennis -- NICE JOB!!!

The only thing I can see-- and it's completely minor and knit-picky -- is that you might want to put a couple of straps between the back plate and the kidney plate to close that gap a little.

Otherwise, it looks incredible! :duim:

I can't see any reason why you wouldn't pass with flying colors.

I think you nailed it. :D

Looking good. man, so many people going for EIB, I gotta get my act together!

I would only suggest one small thing (it's a should have in EIB rules, not a must have) I think the holster should be held with 2 snaps at the top of the belt, and not 4 snaps. Again, small potatoes.

The only other thing I would suggest is maybe shimming the thighs near the knees with some foam, that way the thigh pieces will sit centered on your leg and not angled to one side.

Otherwise, looks like a nice build!

Thanks a lot for your input, I forgot to say btw: any advice and feedback is very welcome!

@Doug:

Thx mate, I do have straps installed between upper back and kidney, but I was standing a little crooked as it seems. ;) Wasn't there a gap in ANH, though?

@Terry:

yeah, I read about the hero/stunt difference in the holster snaps after I finished my belt, and removing snaps then didn't seem like a good option. It kinda bugs me a little, I'll see to fixing that in the far future (with a new belt with only 2 snaps, leaving this one as my "hero" belt in case I get a hero lid someday).

You're right about the thigh pieces, thanks for the suggestion. Well, my thighs are on the rather big side, I don't think additional padding will even fit! ;)

The only thing that jumps at me is the color of the screens in the frown, they are supostu be black and no metalized, ( i did the same thing :) )

Looks great!!

You're right about the thigh pieces, thanks for the suggestion. Well, my thighs are on the rather big side, I don't think additional padding will even fit! ;)

You don't need a lot. Just get some insulating door trim foam (black or white from a home reno store, it's adhesive) and stick some on the inside of the armor, where the thigh hits your outer knee area. This will center the thigh piece, and still allow you to put on on easily, plus it will help it stay in place, and not wobble around.

Regardless, congrats on the EIB status! Good job :)

Yay, I made it, thanks! B)

Looks like regardless of EIB status, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Things I will do:

- check the fit on the calves and tighten them in the back (they do come apart sometimes to show black, Tantive IV style ;) )

- see to padding the thigh pieces' knee areas like Terry suggested

- adjust the torso straps to reduce the back plate/kindey plate gap

I might replace the frown mesh too but it only reads as "not black" under flash.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Thank you all for your congratulations, guys.

That makes me 4th German Garrison elite, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure there's more to come soon. ;)

I have a DLT-19 coming, just to upgrade things a little.