UGH. wrong purchase. WTD?

OK so I feel like a Sarlaac Pit.

I'm a bulky guy so I have to expand Biceps,Forearms, thighs and calves. I measured a lot and I started to put my velcro on. Little did I know that the velcro I purchased was NOT Industrial grade. UGH :angry: . Now my dilema is this... Do I use what I purchased, get the suit done and come back at a later time to upgade as a"Mod" or... spend more cash and get the Industrial stuff now?

Am I the only one that has made a mistake like this?

No, you're not the only one to do things like this... it's all part of the process.

My suggestion, get the right Velcro.

What are you talking about, another $27 bucks? That's a small price to pay to have it done right in the first place I think.

No, you're not the only one to do things like this... it's all part of the process.

My suggestion, get the right Velcro.

What are you talking about, another $27 bucks? That's a small price to pay to have it done right in the first place I think.

You're right. I won't go to Starbucks at all this week(small sacrifices:D) I'll hit Jo Ann's Fabrics on my lunch hour tommorrow. BTW congrats with Chick-Fil-A!!

Warm up the old velcro gently with a hair dryer (keep it moving to soften the glue). Peel the old velcro off, and clean the surface with Goo gone or some safe emulsifier for adhesive. Clean the surface to remove any oil, and use heavy duty velcro instead. Either that, or go with the snap plates method.

Yeah... do it right!

Do you have a Lowe's? They have it in big boxes and small boxes.

I say that cause I've never seen it at Joann's... but where ever.

BTW congrats with Chick-Fil-A!!

Haha... thanks! B)

Noel is right, do it right the first time. I used the poor quality velcro on my first suit and ran into ALOT of malfunctions in my first few troops. The industrial stuff is top notch.

What about the velcro on rolls that came with my FX kit? Is this stuff strong enough? I was going to use it on the open sides opposite of where I glued. (forarms and thighs) I plan on doing the rest with the snap system.

What about the velcro on rolls that came with my FX kit? Is this stuff strong enough? I was going to use it on the open sides opposite of where I glued. (forarms and thighs) I plan on doing the rest with the snap system.

The velcro that comes with the FX kit is only worthy of the garbage can. It's total junk that won't last through one troop.

Obievon said:

That stuff isn't strong enough for the Empire's Best. It took me a while to find the right Industrial Strength stuff. -----------

I was able to find both white and black ind. str. velcro at Wal-Mart and at Home Depot in various lengths, but I'm pretty sure that industrial strength stuff only comes in 2-inch wide strips, so for a lot of parts you may want to cut it down the middle, which will double your length.

Good luck!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The velcro that comes with the FX kit is only worthy of the garbage can. It's total junk that won't last through one troop.

This guy speaks volumes of truth. The stuff that comes with the FX is BAD! I cant count how many horrid experiences i had with things falling off/apart before I switched to industrial velcro.

This guy speaks volumes of truth. The stuff that comes with the FX is BAD! I cant count how many horrid experiences i had with things falling off/apart before I switched to industrial velcro.

Once again the FISD to the rescue. Thanks everyone. I'll be getting some new velcro before I start.

Got the 2" 5ft white Industrial velcro for around 7USD at Mr. Sam's Global Store( :) ). I feel better for waiting! Thanks everyone!!

You bet!

I know sometimes I have to beat on the head to wait a day for something that I'd really, really, like to be able to finish "now." :P

• 3 weeks later...
OK so I feel like a Sarlaac Pit.

I'm a bulky guy so I have to expand Biceps,Forearms, thighs and calves. I measured a lot and I started to put my velcro on. Little did I know that the velcro I purchased was NOT Industrial grade. UGH :angry: . Now my dilema is this... Do I use what I purchased, get the suit done and come back at a later time to upgade as a"Mod" or... spend more cash and get the Industrial stuff now?

Am I the only one that has made a mistake like this?

Definatly go for industrial