Caboots supply update and custom pricing

I've been trading e-mails with Caboots for the last week or so. If you look on their site, they have no smaller sizes in stock, and do not expect any for some time as their supplier (they didn't make the TK boots themselves) went out of business. They've just been selling what they have left.

I asked when they might expect the boots to be restocked, and all they could say was "in the future" with no ETA. I asked for at least a vague ETA but haven't gotten a response back yet.

*** Update: I got an e-mail from them, they said 3 months - possibly more.***

I did also ask what it would take to make a custom pair in my size (I'm looking for mens 8.5 TK boots for what seems like forever now. Well at least many many many months!) and they gave me a quote of $300.

It sort of surprises me that no other manufacturers make these types of boots for more reasonable prices. I've seen other items come out of Asia or India with good quality for much cheaper, and yet there's not many choices available.

Sigh... I guess I might need to go the Jodhpur / Chelsea dyed leather route. I know it's authentic, but also more high maintenance than I wanted the solution to be.

I've been trading e-mails with Caboots for the last week or so. If you look on their site, they have no smaller sizes in stock, and do not expect any for some time as their supplier (they didn't make the TK boots themselves) went out of business. They've just been selling what they have left.

I asked when they might expect the boots to be restocked, and all they could say was "in the future" with no ETA. I asked for at least a vague ETA but haven't gotten a response back yet.

I did also ask what it would take to make a custom pair in my size (I'm looking for mens 8.5 TK boots for what seems like forever now. Well at least many many many months!) and they gave me a quote of $300.

It sort of surprises me that no other manufacturers make these types of boots for more reasonable prices. I've seen other items come out of Asia or India with good quality for much cheaper, and yet there's not many choices available.

Sigh... I guess I might need to go the Jodhpur / Chelsea dyed leather route. I know it's authentic, but also more high maintenance than I wanted the solution to be.

uh oh....well, at least I won't have to worry about that problem immediately. I'm size 13 over here. so long as they keep the larger sizes in for a while....i might snag a pair earlier than i was planning on making my armor if i have to.

Judging from your other costumes I am certain you're skilled enough to make some el cheapo jodphurs look like first-grade stormie boots!

I had the luck of getting PVC faux leather boots, makes painting them a bit easier :).

Vincent

As I'm new to trooping I find myself in need of some of these hard to find style boots. Right now with my TX

black would be perfect. I still plan on a TK later.

The deal is, is there another source for these other than CA boots, or should I rush to buy before they are sold out.

Cheaper is better, but I still want to stay canon. Any info? Could someone point the way.

Well I just checked the first online horseriding store in the vicinity and got me these:-----------

As the size was a bit off I sent them back to get the right size with free shipping. I'm wearing them (black) now as we speak cos they delivered it a few minutes back. They're snug so I'll walk em in first before doing actual trooping. I got broad feet and boots like those aren't really forgiving on that part, so better make it a few sizes larger for safety.

But, to come back on topic, those boots are like 31 euro's, smaller size are even 25 or such. It's a dutch webshop, and since I am dutch... Well it works for me :D.

I am sure there's a lot of equestrian (or however the word goes) shops around the USA where you can buy just those shoes. Yes they are not easy to find in your local shoestore, but heck I think they're practically obligatory in the horse business!

I really love this hobby of mine... To a layman, a big buff dude is buying tupperware, siphons, faucet covers and those really cute little horseriding boots on the internet. He scours the local market for fabrics and snaps, being practially the only man out there, with grannies telling him it is soo good to see the roles being turned for a change... He bugs the local sports store for tight-fitting leotards...

Explaining you're planning to do charity work in a move costume really takes the edge off of it :P.

Vincent ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

As I'm new to trooping I find myself in need of some of these hard to find style boots. Right now with my TX

black would be perfect. I still plan on a TK later.

The deal is, is there another source for these other than CA boots, or should I rush to buy before they are sold out.

Cheaper is better, but I still want to stay canon. Any info? Could someone point the way.

Black Jodhpurs are easy to find. If you're looking for white TK boots and Caboots has them in stock in your size, I would buy them now. You might get stuck with no boots like me when they run out!

What about this type of boot? It looks to be just as good (visual correct) as the CA Boots

I don't know, those kind of look cheapy made. The material that the caboots is made from is rather firm and those look really flimsy. I could be wrong though. Also, with the caboots, I have found them to run rather big.... I bought 10's about 6 months ago and they are really big.

I know black ones are easy to find, but another source is Timberland maybe?

--------

I was at the outlet store today, they always have 'em in stock (and cheaper in person)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed