9-11

TK4205

My little sister was 2 when it happened. I just finished showing her footage off youtube of the event and its haunting. But what I remember the most from that event, was the unity the country had afterward. I remember seeing a flag on almost every car, every suit jacket, shirt, and home.

I don't believe the world will ever forget- forgive is another issue and is a more personal thing, I'm sure there are arguments both for and against forgiveness but it is probably best we don't have them here. That said I would hope there would be no-one who would disagree that this should always be remembered and the people who lost their lives or the people who lost family and friends should continue to be rembered and supported. I agree in that it did bring a unity which has now slipped a little but the cost of that unity was far too great.

I was in NYC working in a building on 18th street on the 13th floor. We saw the whole thing unfold, and we were stunned when the second plane hit. We were told to stay put, but after the first tower fell we all fled the scene. I remember the mayhem with the Subway and LIRR shut down, and walking over the 59th st bridge, as I watched the second tower fall. It was traumatic, but nowhere near the devastation the families of those who lost loved ones, both in the building, and those who were trying to save them. We need to remember them, and hope nothing like that ever happens again.

I put up our big 3x5 flag yesterday...one of only three on my street. Sad. Went inside and watched the live footage re-broadcasts on tv. Made me sick to my stomach and angry all over again.

We in the states should not forget that there a people out there that would like nothing more than to kill you, your children, your spouse, parents, loved ones...

I will not forget.

I was doing a tour in Saudi Arabia when it happened.

I was one of seven to have a flag flying on my street (All Vets).

Forgive and forget? No, America has not forgotten. As for forgive... ask the S#!T Heads still hiding cuz we are STILL hunting them.

USA These colors don't run!

I was on a break in the afternoon at the school where I worked when the news of the first plane was announced and the whole place went silent. It is one moment in my life that I will never forget.

It didn't only unite America, it united the the western world.

Darren - R.I.P. those who perished.

<_< same syndrom..like pearl harbor??

Yes it was a tragedy, but always think WHY it happens, too!!

That is also important to remember and to make that this will never happen so again.

To learn from mistakes in history.

I know what it means to "remember always", i'm a German.

So i have to remember , if i want or not, and i had never to do with things that happens 70 years in past.

Not misunderstand me , please.

But not see always the terrorist who do this as bastards or enemies, ask why it happens!!

Amerika has done enough in past , that it comes to this tragedy.

Noone begin to hate a country from birth on,there is always a reason.

It was my point of view ..a other one as the most of you, maybe.

Thought maybe my point of view would be also accepted. I was wrong.

I'm not a sympathizer of those humans who kill inculpable people, but i'm one who always ask the question "why" and not run brain dead and blind of hate in one way, because the big manitou tell me this.

Not every person who wears a turban is a terrorist.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings.

I accept your opinion about me. No problem.

Ok. So let me ask "why" they murdered all those people, as you suggest I do:

Because they were upset.

Ok. So they were angry. Is it your point of view that if you're angry you can murder masses? Of course not.

So, your point of understanding "why" someone would fly a plane full of people into a building is 100% pointless. It doesn't matter why. What matters is, understanding that there are crazy people hellbent on mass murder in the world and coming to grips with it.

I think it is impossible to explain you this here, because my english is to bad, and i not want to explain you the last 40 years of history.

(And because of the charta rules)

If you would know what happend in Afghanistan War ( 1979 till 1983), in 1980 in Iraq and Iran and what happend in the Bosnian War (1992 till 1995) than you would know the reasons why the Taliban and Mudschahidin are today not the best friends of of the western world special the USA.

Action comes after Reaction.

(Or look 9/ 11 from Michael Moore ;) )

If have a interesst to speak over this more ,please over PM.

I think it is impossible to explain you this here, because my english is to bad, and i not want to explain you the last 40 years of history.

(And because of the charta rules)

If you would know what happend in Afghanistan War ( 1979 till 1983), in 1980 in Iraq and Iran and what happend in the Bosnian War (1992 till 1995) than you would know the reasons why the Taliban and Mudschahidin are today not the best friends of of the western world special the USA.

Action comes after Reaction.

(Or look 9/ 11 from Michael Moore ;) )

If have a interesst to speak over this more ,please over PM.

Stefan, show some bloody respect for christs sake.

Let us never forget.

Joe

A have respect , sorry if it comes as not.

Forget no, but never let happen again and learn from the mistakes.

Last sentence from me to this topic.

Why i think reasons always matter.

Example.

A wife kill two 16 year old boys slow and bloody with a knife.

All would say...oh crazy wife...kill her ,too.

But what would the people say if they would know that this two boys rape and kill the two doughters of the wife and after this, shoot her husband??

So reasons always matter.

A have respect , sorry if it comes as not.

Forget no, but never let happen again and learn from the mistakes.

Last sentence from me to this topic.

Why i think reasons always matter.

Example.

A wife kill two 16 year old boys slow and bloody with a knife.

All would say...oh crazy wife...kill her ,too.

But what would the people say if they would know that this two boys rape and kill the two doughters of the wife and after this, shoot her husband??

So reasons always matter.

Problem is, the wife doesn't kill the boys....she kills a busload of schoolchildren from the boys' school instead.

My condolences to Germany in advance for when the crazies come bombing Berlin, Warnemunde, Merkel's office, your family's church, or wherever they wreak havoc because of what Germany did to make them upset (you're part of that evil organization NATO, after all). When they do, remember to forgive them. You probably really hurt their feelings at some point, after all.

Let me say this, and this will be the last thing i will say regarding this topic due to its sensitive nature.

I understand where Stefan is coming from exactly. With every action comes reaction. He is viewing things from an un-biased viewpoint, trying to find the answer to what led up to 9-11. Even though the atrocities the Taliban committed against us that day are with out a doubt ungodly, there will remain always a reason why they did it. Osama Bin Laden didnt just wake up one day and say, lets blow up the trade center building and kill thousands of innocents. He had a motive and a reason. The question "why" has controversy, as there are many different takes on why he attacked us.

Nevertheless, he killed very close to 3000 people that day, men, woman, children. Those men and woman had families, kids and spouses. And in less than two hours, they were killed. For that, i cannot forgive those bastards. I dont think anyone can.

And you Stefan are going to go and tell everyone on a day of mourning 'always think WHY it happens', and have nerve to write "same syndrome as Pearl Harbor"? That was all out inappropriate and disrespectful to us all. There is a thread for that, but you wont find it here on the FISD. If you want to discuss, "why 9-11 happened" then go talk to the Young Turks on Youtube. Dont bring it here.

Thanks.

Caleb

Coming from someone who lives in a country that suffered from an al-Qaeda's attack (11-M) and that suffers from regular terrorist attacks (ETA) I can assure you that no matter what you do or say, terrorist attacks are the most treacherous, coward and unfair form of attack you can suffer.

Unlike war, where you can defend yourself and where most parts fighting are soldiers, a terrorist attack on civil population is an unjustified and coward form of killing innocent people. There's no "why" when we talk about terrosism. You just fight terrorism and that's it. Until you get rid of it.

You can ask why when you talk about wars or any kind of confrontation. But not when you talk about cowards killing innocent people without a chance for them of defending themselves.

Terrorism is unjustifiable. Period.

At least, that's what I think about it.